Tree of Savior Forum

[Theorycraft] Pyro

I recently started a pyro and im going either wiz>pyro3>linker3>sage or wiz>pyro2>linker3>warlock2. This is mainly for pve since i dont think these builds would do well in pvp.

Im considering the warlock build because if im in an area that is resistant to fire my build would be useless.

Stat build for leveling im doing 1:1 con:int until i have 100 invested in each, then all int until it events out to 1con:2int seems like a good balance to me. The reason im against full con is because of all the multihit skills you have. Each matk you get adds quite a bit of damage because of this. If you want to focus on pvp maybe do more con.

Not sure which build would be best for endgame since im still lvling this char. Maybe the suggestion above would be best because of quickcast, but i dont like wiz3.

No math behind any of this, its just what i decided to do… hope something helped.

Link1 worth? You can link only 5-6 monsters with dandel isnt it to little?

I found out that fire breath need surespell so if you are going pyro3 i think wizz2 is a must afterall

I was thinking about this too. The way i see it, hellbreath makes you immune to melee and missile hole makes you block magic and ranges attacks. So i only need to cast missle hole and im good to go. Havent seen a video or anything its just me assuming.

@Gringe Proof about melee and missile e resistence?

Well i just learned about the immune to melee thing when using helbreath from a thread i made. I have no videos.

Its not exactly proof, but if you look at the wizard balance changes thread it says

And missile hole says blocks ranged and magic attacks.

So i have no solid proof of it working the way i think. Its just me taking a chance.

1 Like

@Gringe Acctualy i found a video of new hell breath youre right !

quick cast doesnt multiply the necklace buffs

Visit this channel to get more pyro3 vids:

2 Likes

@greyhiem Full CON or mix of int/com for pyro?

What do you think about full com pyro with agni? Int doenst seens to scale well

Would like to hear about pyro + kino combo for bosses PvP/pve sonething like pyro3 link2 kino sage could work?

theoretically int should scale very well 0_0
do you have evidence it doesnt?

You do know that Con builds don’t lose as much damage as Int builds because their skills have high base attack by themselves, right?

Pyro has both multi-hit properties and low base damage in their skills, so you NEED to build int to have damage, specially when Igni’s Necklace is a % modiffier (as far as I know, since quick cast doesn’t really boost a lot of damage when you use both).

1 Like

well the 50% dmg increase is still helpful

Most KR top dps I saw are full INT. But they had stat reset probably, or they play at a whole different level.

I recommend CON/INT for iToS. Quite difficult to stay alive without CON without proper positioning.

Agni necklace info for pyro
Fireball ~400% increase
Flame Ground ~250% increase
Fire Pillar ~400% increase
Fire wall ~300% increase

Higher mobs get more and more magic def (and less physical def increase). If you cannot bypass the damage threshold, you will hit 1.
For example this cleric bokor effigy vs that mob (only 3rd hit bonus deals damage).

I don’t have a wizard example. Taoist krivis lightning boost damage on high def mob:

Pyro vs high def mob

Either you go full DPS or none at all. If you cannot reach the threshold, you will deal low damage.

3 Likes

Later mobs have something like 1k magic defense.
The base damage of fireball 15 is only 324.
Without INT, Fireball will do no damage, agni or not.

1 Like

Not when it goes additively with Igni’s boost, at that point you are better off picking Thauma or more linker ranks.

Who would’ve thought, they balanced the overpowered quick cast, kinda.

1 Like

Wow thanks for the videos. After seeing this, instead of going for 1con:2int, ill do 1con:3int for my pyro. Hopefully that will be enough.

Inb4 a punch of Wiz C3, Pyros c3’s…

From what i understand…
Fireball gains 280% (agni). 330% with Quick cast.
However Going from 280 to 330 is only a 17.86% increase.

Flare gains 310% scaling, 360% with Quick cast 16.13% increase.
Flame ground 160% scaling, 210% with quick cast, 31.25% increase.
So on and so forth.

Sounds good until Rank 9 comes and the damage is pooped on again. Also the low level game is completely trivialized for a Pyro with this buff…

not saying pyro c3, wiz c3 is “good” mind you, you’ll generally get way more damage out of Thauma/Ele/Linker picks than combining Pyro with wiz.