Tree of Savior Forum

Which of these 2 pyro builds?

So ive decided to start on yet another character. I tried to search, but couldnt find a similar question.

At only lvl 100 right now and im having trouble deciding between

w>pyro>linker2>pyro2>pyro3>warlock2
w>pyro>linker2>pyro2>linker3>warlock2

Im leaning more towards the second one.

The things im questioning though are, i hear at lvl 10, firepillar gets bigger. Is the longer duration and bigger size worth it to go pyro3? Fireball will get 50% more hits and flame ground gets more duration as well. Helbreath still bad? I hear firewall is good at max, is this true? is it worth not maxing the other skills for maxed firewall?

Is linker 3 worth it with max 11 links? I know alot of the times some of the links will be wasted, but if theres more content down the line with large amounts of enemies the extra 3 links may come in handy. Not to mention fireballs can get caught in the links too whether on purpose or accident. The extra hits on links before breaking seems worth it with all the multihit skills and burning effects also.

I have another question about warlock. Can spirits get caught in the links too?
Edit: I found out they dont.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks! Even if you think these builds are crap. Let me know why :smile:

Yes pillar gets bigger with every level.

I personally think it’s worth it because of all those things you mentioned. Also, Hellbreath is not bad anymore, in fact it’s probably one of my favorite skills. Some good things about it are: Bigger damage than your other skills (ticks faster), gives a debuff to targets that makes them take 50% more fire damage, makes you immune to all melee attacks while casting it, big range and you can change the direction around. SP consumption is big but it’s nothing you can’t solve with a lv10 condensed pot.

Disclaimer though, I have Surespell so my opinion on Hellbreath might be a bit biased. I suppose it’s much harder to use without Surespell as ranged attacks can easily interrupt you.

This is true, Firewall is one of those skills that gets exponentially better with level. It’s the most useless skill ever at level 1 but it’s quite good at level 15. As for whether or not it’s worth taking I’m still not quite sure. I personally skipped it (I had it before but I removed it with skill reset, I felt like it takes too much time to set up properly and the damage isn’t THAT great for it to be worth 15 points), but I know a few people who took it and say that they’re very happy with it.

Yes but not really for the number of links, but for the number of hits it can endure. Pyro skills have so many hits and it burns those numbers insanely fast. For example, if you link 5 targets and put 2 Fireballs on it, it’ll deal 10 hits per tick (2x5) which means it’ll break a lv10 link in only 10 ticks. Now add your other Pyro skills into the equations and your links will break super fast.

As for your build question, I would suggest scrapping Warlock all together and do something like Wiz-Pyro3-Link3-Sage. Warlock doesn’t really have any synergy with our other skills and skipping it lets you take both Pyro3 and Link3. To top it off Sage lets you duplicate your Fireballs and adds a couple nice utility skills to your rotation.

Though if you really wanna go with Warlock2, I suppose I’d go with the 2nd build. Link3 is definitely gonna be more useful than Pyro3.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed reply!

I was actually considering sage, but im going sage on my cryokino so i wanted something different.

On the other hand, i didnt hear about being immune to melee when using helbreath and if i had missile hole then that could replace surespell so i can use it… also the sage skills can duplicate fireball and make firepillar bigger.

As for why i wanted warlock i was thinking the few skills id be using from pyro wont be enough later. I could do something like invocation>jp>hk>kill with pyro skills and ill have a bunch of spirits>link other mobs>evil sacrifice to send all those spirits to kill them. Id also have another fire pillar like skill.

Also what if im in a place thats resistant to fire or they heal from fire? So another damage type. Warlock to me feels like pyro, but with dark attacks. fireball is like spirits. pole of agony is like firepillar. Flame ground is similar to mastema when you hit w2. Drain gives your attacks dark damage, so similar to enchant fire in a way.

On the other hand, sage might get better damaging skills at c2 which would give me more damage skills that arent fire property.

If this new necklace that increases fire damage comes to us then maybe pyro3 would be the better choice and id be dumb not to pick it… Maybe ill have 2 sages. one cryokino, one pyrolinker

The thing you said about links breaking makes me think if i stick with the original 2 builds, pryo2>link3 would be better like you suggested. Links last longer and i think the additional hits from pyro3 wouldnt be worthwhile if the links dont hold up.

Now i have to decide between pyro2>link3>warlock2 and pyro3>link3>sage lol

Yeah I totally agree with that. Not to mention that with the way things work the more links you have the higher your dps will be. Take a look at this little gif I recorded for example:

1 Fireball was more than enough to kill 5 linked Truffles. This is because the Fireball damage (in this case 2k) was multiplied by the amount of targets (5) and it deals that much damage to each targets per tick (2k*5=10k per tick to each target). This means that with 10 targets the fireball would deal 10x its original damage per tick to each target.

The downside is it would also consume the link’s hit counts 10x faster, that’s why the additional hit counts from Linker3 will be super helpful.

This applies to our other AoEs as well, not only Fireball.

Well you did make a good point about fire-resistant monsters. I suppose you’ll have to choose between better versatility or higher dps then haha.

1 Like

so… I’m debating to myself which one better, fire wall 8 or Hell breath 5?

Im not that far in my build yet, but how about something like

fireball 15
fire wall 8
enchant fire 5
Flame ground 6
fire pillar 10
hell breath 1

Only 4 sec downtime on flame ground. Unless you want to drop some points on enchant fire and put them into flame ground. If you only go 1 enchant fire you can have full uptime on flame ground.

Personally if i go pyro 3 and firewall is good i think ill do

fireball 15
fire wall 15
Flame ground 4
fire pillar 10
hell breath 1

This is only if enchant fire proves to be useless late game. If i get firewall gem it will be 9 tiles, 18 hits each. Then we will really see how strong it is.

For this particular one, i’d suggest dropping Flame Ground to 3 and take Enchant Fire 1 instead… 70 sec of attack line buff > 1 sec of Flame Ground… Esp in party play with good AA class like QS.

1 Like

Fire Wall is max it or leave it. I really mean this. Fire Wall only starts to be good above level 10. That’s why I would only recommend taking it if you’re a Pyro3 since at level 15 is when it really starts to shine.

Here’s my recommended build for maxing Fire Wall:

And here’s my recommended build for skipping Fire Wall:

1 Like

That is true. I think ill do that instead then. Thanks

@sholf Is the extra points on hell breath worth it? Think id rather have a couple extra seconds on flame ground instead of a hundred damage on hell breath.

@sholf oh I c, thx for the info
one more thing, between the two (Maxing fire wall or skipping fire wall), which one better?

I guess it’s arguable. Flame ground ticks very slow and frankly I feel like it’s the weakest skill I have right now. Duration is also pretty long at level 1 and most of the time you won’t need more (mobs will die in less than 10 secs, bosses love to move away from the circle). On the other hand I can see why getting more duration sounds better than getting a hundred extra damage.

That’s a hard choice that you’ll have to make I guess. As I said in my earlier post there are people who love the skill and it is frankly a great skill at level 15, however it does mean you are sacrificing 15 points that you could’ve used on your other good skills. It’s a tough pick.

If you ask for my personal opinion though I’d rather skip it. I played around with it for a while before resetting my skills and I find that while the dps is nice it takes a bit too much effort to set it up right (if you just cast a straight line Firewall many of the tiles will end up getting wasted). Beside that the number of hits it does also depends on the target’s AoE Def Ratio, so bigger targets will take less hits.

I dont like the idea to put flame ground at 1…It’s one of the best attack pyro had.

I support this flame ground is amazing for non flying mobs, it must be at least 6 if pyro2 and for pyro 1 5 is a must !

The difference between level 1 and level 10 Flame Ground damage is small. At level 1 the duration is already 16 seconds, that’s super long. If you can’t kill a group of mobs in 16 seconds then there’s a big problem.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Flame Ground. Even though it’s definitely not as strong at higher levels it’s still a useful skill. All I’m saying is Flame Ground is one of those skills that is already good at level 1, and leveling it up wont improve it by much.

4 Likes

well, longer duration might strong for bossing tho?

now I planning :
Fire Wall 15
Flame Ground 3
Hell Breath 1

an extra second of Flame Ground just means an extra hit.

Lv.1 = 16 hits
Lv3 = 18 hits

I’m also making a Pyro3 - Linker1 - Alchemist and I plan on doing this build:

I value Enchant Fire since I’m pretty much stuck with just those Pyro skills and will be auto attacking a lot

IIRC, flame ground tick is shorter than 1 sec, so it will hit more time than it’s duration, https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4n24iw/data_call_please_provide_skill_information_if_you/

Pyromancer - Flame Ground: 10 hits per 7 seconds

I do not know whether the info is accurate, as I’m not able to test it, but I’m sure the tick was shorter than 1 sec.

However this doesn’t change the fact that I agree flame ground is already a good skill at Lv1, usually people will only spend more point to it if they are going to pyro1 or 2, as there are no better place to spend the remaining points yet.

1 Like