Tree of Savior Forum

The way classes are designed to fall off every 3 circles

wugushi have 2 multi hit skils that scales with str (pot gu and nedle) and u can inscrease other skils dmg with posion dmg gear or “elemental” atack gear, but i agree, id prefer going for scout>rogue if wugushi scales bad

about barbs/highlanders, now i decided to go for peltasta>hoplitec3>doppelc3 cus both hoplite and doppel have awesome multihit skils (stab, pierce, cyclone) and buffs (finestra, deeds of valor) that scales great with high str builds
and peltasta have some defense passives, can use the C to block, and have the provoque skill

I think it’s unavoidable for some skills to scale better in later levels than others. I do see the point of “then why take it at all?” being used. This may be so as to promote skill resets which IMC might be doing for money, which is fair to do. I mean, having to buy a skill reset every 100~200 levels or so isn’t THAT bad. With that said, some burst skills offer a % modifer (such as claymore or meteor) which also can keep them relevant. Others still may offer CC or a unique modifer to them. So, it isn’t as bad as some make it out to be. I would say though, that there are certainly some skills that are bad when you get them or buggy, which is another issue all together that does deserve attention. (I’m looking at you Flare, Ice Blast, and Magnetic Force…)

I don’t know much about other classes, but in the Archer tree, aside from a few single hit skills which are too weak in term of damage, most of our skills provide some unique use and utility for specific situations and actually scale quite well.

But I also agree that the C3 of most class only give 1~2 new skills and most of them are not very worth it compared to the effort to make it a C3, normally it is best to take a class at C1 or C2 in some cases and you will have a very wide variety of skills set for many situation and lots of utility.

Yah my biggest problem is with classes that don’t provide damage or utility though and some clearly provide more than others.

What if there was a

+ (number of ranks you gained since this class became available) x (some multiplier) %

within most skill-formulas?

in other words, your low rank class skills damage/buff amount would increase a bit with every rank? (akin to how your STR and INT jump by (I think) 10% every time you reach next rank)

I personally think this is “logic” and I’m probably the minority here. I’m using bad analogies here but I hope you can see where I come from.
Let’s say you just get hired into a company and you’re starting from the bottom. At this stage you pretty much need “photocopy skills” and maybe “delivery skills”, but would these “skills” get carried on when you move to the higher rank in the company’s position?
Another one would be something like naruto (I don’t even know why I watched this), like all your throwing stars or kunai (?) become useless in the latter part of the battles. They are at most used as a filler, distraction or deflecting tools for enemies’ projectiles.
I meant, beginner skills / spells should be meant for the beginner enemies. There should be a threshold on how strong a skill can be before it gets replaced by the higher level skill. It’s quite silly if a pistol user and a bazooka user can destroy a wall of rock at the same time if it is to follow this scale with your level formula. If the skills are to be designed to scale with your level, wouldn’t it be a common phenomena that most people will just use a “bread and butter” skills and keep spamming it over and over again and eventually complain that it is repetitive?
I think adding more utilities / effects to lower level skills will somewhat remedy this. Like perhaps linking these skills will result in a higher damage output for certain high level skills, crowd control skills, dot skills, slow stun and whatnot.

Problem is while the damage may stay low on most classes the utility isn’t.

A pistol may not be as good as a bazooka but when your choices are regular pistol, fire pistol and ice pistol and later on all pistols suck but ice pistol can still freeze people, then your only choice should have been ice pistol and sucks to be people who choose fire or regular pistol ;p

Yeah, that’s why I said lower level skill should be somewhat focus on utilities. By your pistol example, maybe they can make it that by using the regular pistol before you use the bazooka will increase the critical rate of bazooka for once and the fire pistol should add some burn effect to the enemy where the enemy would receive damage over time or have their defence decreased.

The problem to me is they want skills to become useless so that your skillbar isn’t clogged but they didn’t make all the skills useless.

I agree with your idea though. Every class should have 15 skillpoints worth of useful utility for higher levels. Thats only 3 skills per rank or less if you have multiple ranks of lvl 15 skills.

If they want to attain the idea of being simple but effective, it’s the right way to go. I personally have no problem if my skillbar is being clogged up if it means more flexibilities for me to adapt the situation to a certain degree without giving me the ability to do it all from one single class.
Maybe they can make it that you can expand or minimize your skillbar? Then it won’t be a problem for both players who wish to have minimal skills or a great variety of skills on skillbar.
But yeah, I guess it’s up to the developer to do so. I think the developer said this game was designed for ultrabook or something so I guess the chance of it happening is quite low.

They can reduce cool down if they want people to use less skills. But I really have a lot of question in their design, particularly the stats distribution.

It seems they want to sell the game with 5 Stats x 80 Classes x 3 Circles to allow for dynamic classes, but the game ended up not having any dynamic classes, as you are forced to pick 2 Stats x Rank 8 Classes. False advertising?