Tree of Savior Forum

The Ultimate Shield

Thanks. I will be Circle 2 soon. Everyone is saying its the hardest part of the journey. Wish me luck! Cheers! :cookie:

1 Like

Would you change your mind if they release a really cool costume for pelt 3 and rodel 3 like the highlander or wizard?

1 Like

No, but I’m already going to do Rodelero 3. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also what do you mean, Highlander and Wizard have special costumes at Circle 3?

Who doesn’t want to look good while having a hard time catching up on damage output? :smile_cat:

Kidding aside, it would be nice to add a bit of variety. Also I think it brings a sense of accomplishment for getting to the highest circle of the classes. I’m up for that.

1 Like

Shield push’s defense reduction doesn’t work on bosses, along with many other debuffs that rodelero offers.

Take a look.

Got it. Stick with the other skills then. I’m just keeping an open mind since boss-hunting isn’t the end game. I don’t know if Pel C3 is any good for PVP/ GVG but I’m thinking lots of the Rod skills are good for that. Thanks for the input on Shield Push though. Very much noted. :cookie:

Not only Shield Bash.
Montano, Targe Smash, Shield Shoving, Shield Bash all don’t work on bosses.
Not sure about High Kick and Slithering’s attribute though.

Targe Smash does actually work.

Unless they changed this since iCBT2/kOBT, the Blind from Targe Smash would cause a boss to stop casting any skill it is casting at the time, effectively cancelling the attack, and prevent it from using another casted skill immediately afterwards until the Blind runs out. The chance on Targe’s blind is just so low that it’s really way too RNG to proc consistently during specific boss attacks.

High Kick and Slithering definitely work.

Most of you saying don’t need get C3 Peltasta…

And i want to ask you a question.
How you deal with those mobs got 300 def ?
(Umbo Thrust not really great on boss but it always work on normal mobs by my testing.)

This is one of the reason why high level player don’t need other Swordsman class except Peltasta or Corsair.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. :worried:

I’m just here for the Captain America vibes, really.:smile_cat:

Good to know, there are some that work at least. Cheers! :cookie:

Thought I’d mention that, as amusing as it sounds, and it’s really quite the oxymoron, pel3rodel3 is far more of a damage dealer than a tank.

The only thing you have for tanking is anything a C2 Pelt already has.
C3 Pelt adds Butterfly, Umbo Thrust and Langort, all very decent offensive skills.
Rodelero in general has a bunch of disabling and strike-related effects, again being more offensive styled than a tank. Shields dont mean tanking. Not in ToS at least.

An actual legit tank would be something more along the lines of Pel3/Squire/Fencer2 for a HP/Defense/Evasion mix.

Figures Montano’s paralyze don’t work on bosses, but the attribute should work, since it’s only slow.

Yeah the attribute works fine on bosses.

Not that slow is all that useful for PvE.

That is quite a relief actually. I think people would still say that it won’t still compare to other mixes in those ranks. But it is good news all the same.

I think at the end of the day, it will be dependent the stat mix you end up with. But I do get your point in pointing out Fencer for the Evade Buffs.

I haven’t actually upgraded any of my Armor Attributes. Still contemplating on that. But definitely going for Pelt C3, Rod C3. Crossing my fingers that something close to the concepts and theme come up in later ranks!

:cookie::cookie::cookie: for everyone!

While it works on a boss, I think it’s more for mobbing.

I think it will be most effective in areas where melee is heaviest and using Swash Buckling + Montano will keep mobs close to the Peltasta. It’s basically a way for keeping mobs away from the rest of your party in certain situations.

is there any video on high kick?

None that I can find.
If I ever make it to C3 I’ll upload a video, but it seems so far away.

Especially since I’ve been taking a break from my Rodelero for my alt, a Ranger.