Tree of Savior Forum

The returning/new player event makes me not want to return

So I was extremely into this game in the beta and even wrote some guides. Many of my friends decided not to continue playing after launch but I bought a founders pack and played for like a week before the game lost it’s luster (playing alone isn’t that much fun). Now I was enticed to come back and I saw these events and the only thing I can think is… I shouldn’t have wasted my money on this game. If I made a new account I would get way more bonuses than returning.

Why wasn’t this just a bonus for making a new CHARACTER LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME THAT DOES THIS KINDA EVENT?

Did no one consider that maybe returning players wouldn’t all be high level people and maybe would benefit from the “new player” rewards much more? 10 of these 8 x EXP tomes? VS 16 and all that other ■■■■ for new players? So I have to make a new account and lose my founders pack? So I wasted my money? Cool, nevermind I’ll give the game a hard pass again instead.

Thanks for making founders who gave you money feel like garbage.

10 Likes

Imagine you’re a returning player and have already several charas on max lvl!

Would this event entice you to come back?

Hell no.

2 Likes

maybe, maybe not. You get less things but more things that you ACTUALLY need.

You get all those dungeon reset scrolls you dont get from the new player event. Plus right now you can reset all your stuff and basically remake all your characters. Along with the stat changes I was interested.

But thinking about either throwing away my founders account, or missing out on literally a TON of ■■■■ that would help me actually level my character up (I only played to like level 50) the gear, more exp tomes, actual exp cards, all the potions and ■■■■. That just makes me feel like I am throwing away the 50$ I invested when the game WASN’T EVEN COMPLETE. A good faith investment that USUALLY is rewarded in the long run, not having the company turn around and basically spit on it.

I spent 50$ at an important stage in the game to only have people who spent no money get MORE rewards for starting now, 2 years later… cool…

Edit: DOUBLY ■■■■■■. I just noticed this event allows you to get all these items on EVERY CHARACTER YOU MAKE in the time limit on a new account. WOW ARE YOU FOR ■■■■■■■ REAL? Why would anyone want to return when making a new account right now is ■■■■■■■ literally insane.

1 Like

Only thing I hate about the welcome back event is that we can’t trade the package within our own account characters. Stuck on 1 single character and that’s it if you want to play another class. Great design once again IMC.

/shrug

1 Like

Ah yeah, I have it stuck on my max lvl chara now~

1 Like

I can’t believe this is a big issue for some people.

8 Likes

Dungeon 50 and 80 are solo-able now, the patch alone makes new character extremely don’t need any boosters… If you get old stuff like Arde Dagger, team storage is usable without Token as well…

Again,the newbie bonus are really not necessary with the new leveling system… Sure they level up fast but get penalized on in-game silver especially as this game take equipments to DPS formula now…

So don’t get discouraged to continue your account, at all…

I spent 50$ for “exclusives” which are now meaningless and if I want to retain my investment I am actually at a disadvantage compared to someone who literally makes a brand new account today and spends 0$. Why shouldn’t I be bothered by this?

1 Like

It’s got exp boosters, consumables, a pet, 30 day equipment. Literally everything given makes a brand new account worth more than my current account. I lose out big time by continuing. heres a complete list:

20 settlement support level 2 potions
35 fortune cookies
17 “8x” Exp tomes
3 Dungeon Reset Scrolls
3 Goddess Sculptures
20 Keista Restoration Potion Lv 1
1 Velheider Voucher
10 Lv4 EXP Card
3 30 day accessories and 1 30 day level 50 weapon pack

meanwhile what I paid 50$ for was 650 TP, a holgan pet, and 2 “exclusive” headgears which “may be sold in the future”

so I ask you, what is WORTH keeping that account for? I think I already spent the TP on outfits… All I have is one level 50 and a holgan pet. pretty sure the VIP token is gone, and the headgears arent really worth anything.

meanwhile you look at any other game that does this kind of event, it’s usually for ALL accounts that make a new character, and sometimes all accounts so long as they log in within the event period. cause THATS how you entice new AND old players ALIKE.

2 Likes

Omg. Stop crying about the 50$ expense you made 2 years ago. You left the game knowing you already made that expense in the first place. Now they are even trying to welcome you back, think of it as a bonus or something. :confused: I dont get you.

The package seems unfair compared to the newbie event. But I’m not actually sure if what youre after for the game is it’s the content or the freebies they give :confused:

8 Likes

yeah that makes sense I am totally uninterested in the game and I just want freebies. I can just take them to a game I like… wait a second…

No that’s stupid. The problem is I, as someone who actually spent money on this game, played it beta a ton, gave feedback, and wrote guides. Am now forced to throw that all away cause they decided to reward new comers SIGNIFICANTLY better than old players. Also the rewards for old players are ONLY geared towards old players who are already max level.

They didn’t consider that some people noticed the problems with the game way earlier and were waiting for an overhaul like this. Now they are punishing me for spending money before.

If i didn’t buy a founders pack I would just make a new account and not really CARE about losing my character I barely played for a few days. so I feel like I’m being forced to give up things I spent money on to actually return and have a good time without being at a disadvantage to my peers.

I have some friends I am convincing to play the game with me and if they have all these crazy exp tomes and ■■■■ I will fall behind them significantly and quickly. Then I’m back to square one of playing by myself again.

I gave them money, I shouldn’t feel punished for it.

Sure it was a year ago but I don’t spend money on a game thinking “hey in a year ill have to make a new account” I stop and restart MMOs quite often and the assumption on which I spend any money is that I will keep that investment until the game ceases to exist in any form. I also got pissed when certain MMOs changed ownership and accounts weren’t transferred. I stopped playing them for that reason too. This is the point of an MMO, having a PERSISTANT world where you can build up your character and continue to make gains. When I want to restart a game constantly I’ll play something like league of legends. But even they dont make it worthless to keep an old account.

Not to mention I would have to make a completely new steam account in order to proceed which is a pain in the ass cause I have over 300 games on this one and switching off to play one game is a hastle.

1 Like

it was only 1 year ago

1 Like

how would you feel if you spent 50$ on something like street fighter then a year later they gave out the EX version but only to people who didn’t buy the original version? having paid money for a lesser version of a game and that disqualifying you from receiving the enhanced version for free. that’s how i feel right now.

1 Like

Imagine a world where you aren’t a whiny bitch. A lot of us returned last month in anticipation of this patch, so we don’t get anything even if we haven’t played in months prior to that. No one but you is bitching.

13 Likes

Now imagine a world where everyone who logged on at all during the event could participate instead of making it based on trivial things which punish people who have played or are playing and supporting the game. Again, this is why every other game makes it based on making a new character or just logging on X amount of days in the event, not how long you haven’t logged on for, or making a new account.

Reward everyone for playing right now. Not just new people who didn’t think about playing the game till now.

1 Like

It isn’t trivial things. A catchup event for new players makes sense. A catchup event for returning players makes sense, and it also makes sense for them to get less ■■■■ out of it. You have a founder’s pack, that’s something to your advantage nobody can get any more. You just don’t like other people getting more free ■■■■ than you. I hope you realize bitching about it won’t change anything. Suck it up and be an adult rather than a child who’s covetous of the other kids’ toys, or leave.

Baseless statement, I’ve played plenty of games where they do events specifically for new accounts or returning players, and yes they often do them simultaneously and give the totally new players more ■■■■.

There’s a daily login event that rewards everyone for playing right now, not to mention the unlimited rerolls event that is a huge boon to non-new players.

1 Like

Except it’s not an advantage. Like I said, if you compare the pack I paid money for to the free ■■■■ for new players I am at a disadvantage. It feels like more of an advantage to abandon my current account and make a new one.

You think that’s fine? I don’t.

You say complaining isn’t gonna change anything. but this isnt some random reddit. I’m posting on the official forums for a reason. Maybe someone who has influence in these things will understand the problem and a change might occur.

If you disagree with my point about feeling punished for having supported this game in the past feel free to continue to post. but just calling me names and insulting my person is a waste of both of our time. this isnt your private hangout, this is an offical space to discuss topics and air grievances with the game. not eachother.

1 Like

Well let’s take a look at what’s in that pack then.

20 settlement support level 2 potions - Effectively worthless. What is it, a few points of movement speed? You’d get more from a token. And the Attack/MAtk buff is negligible.
35 fortune cookies - Cool EXP buff.
17 “8x” Exp tomes - Cooler EXP buff.
3 Dungeon Reset Scrolls - Reset 3 times. More EXP.
3 Goddess Sculptures - A little bit more EXP.
20 Keista Restoration Potion Lv 1 - Basically worthless. Normal potions are super affordable and generally better.
1 Velheider Voucher - Not as good as the pet in the Founders pack. Easily obtainable for a negligible cost in game.
10 Lv4 EXP Card - Literally without value.
3 30 day accessories - A small bonus in the first 30 days, then worthless
1 30 day level 50 weapon pack - A small bonus for about an hour or two, then worthless

What exactly in here is so good that you would even consider making a new account to get it? You want all those EXP bonuses so bad you’d throw away a permanent Stat reset potion, two unique headgears, the better pet, and $65 worth of costumes?

You’ve lost nothing. Literally nothing. Like seriously, all this complaining for some EXP that you still get plenty of and can easily get more of if for some reason you think its not enough. New players getting a slightly better deal than you is like the epitome of first world problems. If you’re so offended that new players get three cookies when you only get two, feel free to not take them. But you will find no sympathy complaining here to everyone who has to buy their own cookies.

6 Likes

Yeah I said im not max level so 17 8x exp scrolls and the other ■■■■ would be invaluable. That’s hours and hours of grinding saved. I’d argue that they are worth more than the difference between those pets and those stupid headgear. I invested in a founders pack to support a game I liked. I guess I have to concede that the 650 TP is worth something but idk that the stat reset has any significant value considering the current event.

Also your “1st world problems” argument is trite and pointless. Anyone complaining about anything that isn’t food, shelter, or clean water has only first world problems. Your complaint about me complaining is even more of a first world problem than my complaint that my money was wasted.

1 Like

Simple.
Don’t come back.

You already paid for the founders pack.
It’s not like you get a special service or anything.

Example:
Crybaby bought fried chicken last week.
Luckybaby bought fried chicken this week that tasted better.
Crybaby cried because of spending friend chicken last week and not tasting the better chicken this week.

Solution:
Post to forums how Cribaby wasted money for buying fried chicken last week.

genyus.jpg

12 Likes