Tree of Savior Forum

The reason why this game bores is because the mob AI is not challenging

The monsters are not well designed. The AI is too easy. Monster attack animation delay is too long. No class is weak to any types of mob. No strategy is needed to defeat mobs.

All of this results in - no need for party play, hence repetitive and boring.

While this might improve in higher levels, I’m already at rank 4 and it’s not any more difficult. I’ve also read high leveled people say that lvl 10 is the same as lvl 100 is the same as lvl 280.

IMC please tweak the monster AI so they don’t take 3 seconds to react to being attacked. and take 2 seconds to attempt a basic attack. It makes the monster look absolutely stupid and pointless.

6 Likes

Meanwhile STR swordman suffers

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Okay-Meme-Gif-05.jpg

6 Likes

Hurry up and reach rank 6 and 7 please. Then comeback here and see if you will still have the same impression.

11 Likes

Still an awfully long time to start playing content that actually requires team play. As it stands now most classes don’t need a cleric / tank to progress.

Most social bonds should be formed early in a gaming experience, not until late game.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure many people already team up for Tenet Chapel, that’s a level 40 content

This is a lie.

7 Likes

I pretty sure even lvl 200ish is early in the game i mean its supposed to be 600 lvls even if we don’t have info about it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

8 Likes

More like bosses are not challenging. Not in a fun way at least. And to make it worse a lot of content is unrewarding. Talt 99% of the time is just borderline mocking.

I don’t expect to get some good stuff like weapons easily, no, drop rates for that kind of stuff is totally fine, but “consolation” rewards shouldn’t be completely worthless and useless garbage that just gets you 5k silver which is irrelevant at high levels. They need to add more variety for “semi-good” and “not complete junk” kind of rewards to every dungeon boss drops.

Hope all this will improve eventually.

4 Likes

OK. No need to comment much.
First, please continue go to rank 6, and go Sentry Bailey.
You must meet the mobs who named: Brown Rambear
Try to lure 2 or 3. Stand there and count how long you can survice.

Most of you are missing the point. The mob AI is not challenging. Just because the content kills you due to unreasonably large damage number it’s not really the kind of challenge that makes the game fun.

Also the context I mean here is specifically about monster design, not the overall content (collections, puzzle maps, side quests etc)

Why should the game design for party play only at the very end of the content, and make the first 200+ level a solo grind only?

That’s what I’m targeting here, the Monster AI is pretty terrible and it makes the combat aspect just DPS on an HP sink.

Just because a mob can kill you in 2-3 secs doesn’t mean the mob AI encourages creative counter play. That’s what’s lacking right now, there’s little strategy required to fight these mobs.

5 Likes

Oh. Then this game not suitable for you.
Please try TERA or DragonNest.

Always this reply when people make a legit feedback.

“take it or leave it”

Why can’t it be: “that’s something we may be able to improve”

I don’t know why making a feedback on monster AI gets you so uptight that you have to be aggressive / offensive towards it.

When a mob AI takes 3 second to react to an attack, and 2 seconds to charge up a BASIC attack, something isn’t right with the AI. It’s the same for companions / summons. They also react slowly and apply damage poorly due to a retarded (literally) AI.

1 Like

Magic mobs.

/20pikachu

cause your simply playing the wrong game, no need to change it just to suit YOUR taste.

So you’re saying an AI that takes 3 seconds to even realize it is under attack and 2 seconds to attempt a basic attack is reasonable?

And magic mobs are great design?

Companion AI works fine?

Sorcerer summon AI works fine?

I would kindly ask all of you “Take it or leave it” people to not respond, it doesn’t add to the discussion. This is a feedback thread and if everything is “take it or leave it” might as well not have feedback at all

1 Like

please complete earth tower before you say the game isn’t challenging.

1 Like

Because at early level (below 120) most of the mobs are passive mobs. They don’t attack you unless you fling at them first, and they take like 2 hits to kills so of course they won’t hurt you.

That’s neither good nor bad design, it’s a simple welcome tutorial

It shouldn’t be until Earth tower that the game poses some degree of challenge. Providing a fair degree of challenge throughout the game should be part of the game design.

Let me raise a few examples:

In RO, even very early game you’re met with challenges:

• Familiar that has high attack speed that keeps interrupting mages, but poses no problem for melee classes. This scales up to mimic / ancient mimic in higher level places.
  • Insect monsters that will mob you if you attacked any one of them.
  • Plant monsters that have very high attack but have low range and immobile
  • monsters that have burst damage skills (sonic blow etc)
  • most maps have a mix of passive and more powerful aggressive mobs

And they don’t take 3 seconds to switch to aggro mode.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like