Tree of Savior Forum

The one thing in the class system that bothers me

In your exemple, the baby is a person who never tried a MMO in his entire life, it’s not related to the game itself. A basic class is a Novice like Ragnarok first class, or Free Lancer from Final Fantasy games. Archer, Swordman, Cleric, Wizard are not “basic” as they are already sepcialized in one particular thing. Actually the game teaches how to move, jump, interact with events, but it doesn’t tell you how to use your skills wisely. Or tell me when did you see a tutorial to use Bash, Heal in ToS ???

I have to add one thing to this : Dark Souls2 and 3, limitless options made these games really bad ?

1 Like

At the moment I think the only starter class that doesn’t end up being useless regardless of later ranks is Cleric because you know, Heals.

Some people here really just proved reincarnation because no one can be that stupid twice a lifetime.

Some people here just read something and understand something different. I mean english isnt my main language aswell but when someone talks with me about earth i dont argue about the Moon.

I have already proven that my change wouldnt affect any other rank besides Rank2. Nothing else is available sooner or later. So all arguments that go like :" Ah you just want it easy" or “yeah why not take Rank8 first” are invalid and complete bullcrap.

2 Likes

i never played that game but i doubt there is limitless option in those games

see, i googled it already to no avail.

err… which actual combat system are you refering to? for example many player suggested that developer dont change 0cd skill to 5 overheat with 10cd, but they wont listen. many player doesnt want leticia cube but they wont listen. If i were the developer i will listen to who invest the most on IMC funding in the market.

by forcing you to take archer1 is making your rank2-8 option MORE LIMITED than giving freedom to chose archerqsranger at rank 1. I think you dont understand what sarcasm mean, i even edited it so that sarcasm part is more visible than before.

See this thread title? one thing that bother him, yet he simply make a baseless statement

no one needs that?? really? no one??
If this small thing is already bothering him, i predict he wont last long in this game, wanna make a bet?

some of the replies maybe suit in @dark-watsch heart, but it is just a sweet empty sentence meanwhile at this very moment IMC doesnt change anything like he suggested, thats a fact. If you cant tolerate it, dont force yourself to play it.

Yes no one.

Name me 1 build that needs archer on C1 without any better option available.If you could chose at Rank 4 between Archer,Sapper,Wugushi or Scout no one would pick archer. And yes with my suggestion your “filler” rank would most likely be on Rank 4. Keep in mind that you said before that higher rank classes are better by nature then Rank1 or Rank 2 classes.

You again posted without ANY proof let alone facts that my suggestion is bad. The problem with you is that you just want to be the one who is right. In fact my suggestion would balance the game a bit better . Keep in mind that there are builds right now that have 7/8 Ranks (Rank1 wasted) while other builds have 8/8 (because they actually use at least archerC2.)

My change would increase the amount of valid build by a fair amount. If i look at some Guides its almost the same every single time. We can chose between so many class combinations but only a few are actually good.

Also really funny is:"If this small thing is already bothering him, i predict he wont last long in this game, wanna make a bet?“
That is coming from the guy who is bothered to death by my suggestion. So that aint a"small thing” for you it seems.

Next post from you might be again:" No i am right because you talk about the earth but i like the moon more". But please keep in mind that every single argument you made until now backfired. So plase THINK before your next post and think CAREFULLY.

1 Like

We are talking about builds, so I’m saying DS have limitless options among builds. Your character is not class locked, you can wear/do anything you want in this game.

Big facepalm man… I have no words to describe how stupid is your method. “Darks Souls 3 limitless option” :joy:.

The whole % based system we have now and stats rework (even if it’s not working as intended).

I’m not talking about what people suggested 1/2 months ago, but a year ago.

And ?

So do you ? Sarcasm is not meant to make your point right.

Baseless statement on what he’s feeling ? What da f… ?

If you have ArcherC1 or SwordmanC1, WizardC1 only, yes, you don’t have a lot of use of it depending on your build in the late game.

I was one of people thinking rank reset was a good idea, it took time to come into the game, but IMC did it. It’s not because an idea is carried by less people who are against it that it’s a wrong idea.

1 Like

iDreamy’s scout3

i will

i never wrote that before, please double check the name of the poster before making such a silly accusation. I dont care if your suggestion is good or bad, really, it wont reach developer’s ear. Let me play the song of my clan (linkin park - in the end)

@soldatazur
oh, you mean freedom to choose any job at any time like skyrim, right? skyrim is LIMITing your job progress using perks point. when you have maxed all your perks point (either cheat/normally) the game will become boring because you cant be stronger anymore. even if you can learn all the skill/magic/shout, the game still giving you LIMIT at how many skill/magic/shout you can use at the same time.
Dark soul is also LIMITing your gameplay by applying stamina bar so you cant spam your combo. when i wrote limitless, it doesnt mean only for build option, be flexible please.

it is really a waste of time explaining the fact that is going on in this game to both of you.
The end justify the means, right? Do me a favor, just login everyday and check if @dark-watsch suggestion has been applied or not. When that happen, make a special thread “@dark-watsch patch has been applied” and i will apologize openly in there. In the meantime, when you read this i already muted this thread. So long~

Was time he muted this thread because he droped his manhood alot in here.

For the other people:

iDreamys scout3 does not “need” archer c1". Right now he “has” to use it. Thats a big difference.

Also myself said he would chosse archer C1 instead of Sapper,Wugushi or Scout C1 which clearly is a lie. Then again…he has already showed us that reincarnation is possible.

WOW, I can’t call it a simple godwin point at this rate. “be flexible please”. No man, what’s you are talking about makes no freaking sense. We were talking about builds (LIMITLESS OPTIONS) each other, and you come with a stamina exemple. How dare you being in bad faith like that ?! Stamina is not an option in Dark Souls games, you start with Stamina, so please, stop make a fool of yourself.

It’s exactly what you are doing :confused:.

And what the fuk with iDreamys Scout3 needing Archer1 ? Where did you see that XD ??? Plus it’s an old old old build.

You’re forgetting that Swordsman has Pain barrier in this knockback heavy game, as well as Restrain for Crowd Control.

Archer has its Swiftstep buff. Although the C3 isn’t valued much overall and Wiz C3 is quick cast fodder + sleep 15.

A good buff if you go for A2. The increased movement speed while attacking is useless as you attack faster by smashing the button than holding it (if you don’t have Limacon or Running Shot).

Yeah I know but the main topic is about the Rank 1 (leaving them at C1), sure each class have those things but you’ve to INVEST into them (going C2/C3) while Cleric just as C1 gets Heal which is the main important ability already.

Not like it matters because usually builds always go for Cleric C2 but even if they decide to leave it at C1 it’s still useful just because of Heal.

Pain barrier starts at R1 and is useful from start to finish regardless.
Sleep is the same way, as is 1 point in lethargy for the Strike damage bonus for wizard. Earthquake doubles as aoe CC for breathing room if taking too much damage.
Archer’s deal is Full Draw.Swift Step just being free evasion. Technically it can also slow, but meh. Archer in general as a class is pretty meh which is why you only see it taken for the Swiftstep attribute. Which says more about its in class balance than a problem with the class system.
and of course Cleric has Heal, SZ, DP and Cure

i never played that game but i doubt there is limitless option in those games

see, i googled it already to no avail.

WTF LOOOL you’re actually serious. I’m actually dying of laughter.

1 Like

That again depends on your build.

Consider this:
You want your character to use a shield. Would you still go for Pain Barrier or would you pick Rodelero or Hoplite as filler ? Keep in mind that with my suggestion your filler class will be at Rank 4.

Its true that some C1 classes have " 1 " good ability…but thats it. Rank 4 fillers provide you with more then just 1 “good” skill. And good does not mean great…just good. Same goes for archers full draw. It is a good skill yes BUT i also could have any Rank 4 C1 skill i want.

Same goes for mage.What if you want to go for a pure ice mage ? With my suggestion you could build:
CryomancerC3,ElementalistC3,Rune Caster, Rank8 is your choice then.In that case Rank 8 is your"filler".

So as you can see Rank1 C1 right now has “good” skills yes. But in some builds like the Mage one i just showed you its not even compareable. As i said before the amount of “viable” build will be far bigger then now. And that just because of 1 “small thing” (thats how myself would call it).

You’d still pick up Pain barrier because Pain barrier is a circle 1 skill and if you’re going to just have C1 swordsman, it’s the most useful out of all the other C1 skills given the current state of enemy encounters.

Bud you’re free to go about your suggestion.
I don’t agree with your perspective on it.
The base C1’s don’t really differ conceptually from RO’s Novice start.

“You’d still pick up Pain barrier”

I dont think that everyone would. Its like i said a"good" skill…but not the best option.

Its actually the best option hands down for C1

1 Like

:thinking: what ? You mean Super Novice maybe, not Novice concept at all.

TDR; ToS has one of the most unique yet bad kind of linear class advancement/branching in MMO-RPGs

1 Like