Tree of Savior Forum

The one thing in the class system that bothers me

And thats the fact were forced to take the current standart Rank 1 class.

Right now i am playing around ALOT duo to the event but my first rank is always in the way. I play archer and i want to build in appraiser into my Falconer/Ranger build BUT if i do that Archer stays on C1…no one needs that on C1.

So why does IMC dont put Archer,Ranger and Quarrel Shooter at Rank 1 ? That way when we create a character we could choose which Rank 1 we actually want. In my case i could need that 1 rank for Rogue C1.

Example:
RangerC3,Scout C1,RogueC1,Falconer C3

Does it have balance reasons or is that really a flaw in the system ?

2 Likes

#start of sarcasm
why dont they make all the job available to pick at level 1 then? you can make mergen3hakka2falconer3 out of it, isnt that even greater than your suggestion?
#end of sarcasm
This is their game, you play it following their rule. Nothing you can do about that. Try make your own game, you will understand it.

Yeah! Preach!

Why even have suggestion or player input, IT’S THEIR GAME, make your own game.

Jesus ■■■■■■■ christ…do you think before you write?

9 Likes

Eh? Calm down. You’re getting a bit too angry about him disagreeing.

I happen to agree with him. Restrictions force players to make decisions. These restrictions exist to enforce choices as a part of design.

There is no need to personally attack someone for disagreeing. All it does is derail a thread into needless personal attacks instead of the topic. Myself was merely pointing out that choices are a necessary component of game design, and that if the game lacked these choices it would be worse. His suggestion to make his own game was a poorly thought-through way of saying “You need to look at this from the design perspective.”

Regardless of that, they aren’t ever going to change the rank of a class. It won’t happen. It would change the entire balance of the game, and every person that has ever been forced to make hard decisions about what kind of character and build they want will be upset about it.

4 Likes

When IMC designs a class they design it around class combinations that already exist so being able to choose anything at any rank kind of goes against their design philosophy (what I recall reading a long time ago from a dev interview at least) so it just wouldn’t work unless they put in serious development time in re-balancing everything again (no thank you I want other things developed).

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this guy is just suggesting that every class goes down a rank so you could, for example, either create an archer, ranger, quarrel shooter, swordsman, peltasta, highlander, cleric, priest, krivis, wizard, pyro or cryo rather than just the 4 current rank1s. I don’t think it’s really necessary but it’s not as ridiculous as saying remove ranks altogether and let you be a dragoon3lancer3cata3. No need to strawman his suggestion, if you can’t come up with an actual criticism for it without misrepresenting it then maybe it’s not a bad idea?

Why? They could’ve done it this patch and nobody would really have cared (unless it made build orders weird) because they gave everyone unlimited rerolls.

I think it’s entirely unnecessary because you’re basically just adding one more rank to the game, which can be accomplished by… adding one more rank to the game, which they are in the process of doing. But it’s not the most illogical idea ever.

7 Likes

Why would they even give you a higher tier class at the very start of your journey -.-"
Did you even think before you started this thread seriously. Might as well go find a private server that let your tweak your level as you like so you can just try everything.

Aehm, this an RPG, did you already forget this? The reason we have a fixed starter Class is exactly for this reason. Every character you create has a prehistory that is not written down anywhere, but you know, people don’t come out of earth holes, do they?
If you chose a character, his prehistory determines his base Class.

E.g. if you spent your childhood till adolescence wihtin the woods or nearby, you’re most likely to be a child of Archers/Trappers/Hunters, and thus have spent your life outside training your bow mastery and reflexes. This is also why you’re not fit with using melee weaponry, you’re missing the muscles and training to do so.

From this Base Class you can either deepen your training or aquire new fighting techniques, which makes you become another “Class”.

This whole Class system is basically a synonym for proficiency with something that you acquired through education by becoming the apprentice of a “Class Master”.
This makes sense and is the best freedom a game can possibly grant you (except for the ultimate freedom in games like those of the Elder Scrolls series, but there are no physical attacks skills, only magic skills);
Other metagames fix you to a certain path once you’ve made your 1st or 2nd choice.

SlyGoat is actually the only one who understood what i was saying.

Also roflmaopapa wrote:“Why would they even give you a higher tier class at the very start of your journey” How much stronger is Ranger C1 or Quarrel Shooter C1 compared to Archer C1 ? Did you even think before answering to my post ?

Its just about “RANK 1” and nothing else. And later classes “DONT” move up on the Rank to be available sooner ! Thats why i cant understand childish posts like the on from myself.Like i said archer Rank 1 is in the way for a build i would like to play but the game hinders me.

Adeodatus wrote:
“Every character you create has a prehistory that is not written down anywhere, but you know, people don’t come out of earth holes, do they?”

By that logic you just said that i am right. Why do we start as archer when we dont even spoke with the master before let alone learned how to use a bow ? Touche.

Example:
RangerC1,RangerC2,RangerC3,ScoutC1,Appraiser,FalconerC1,FalconerC2,FalconerC3.

Not a single class is available sooner except the Rank 2 classes (which are on the same level with archer). And as you can see even tho Rank 2 classes are available sooner does it not change any other Rank. The only thing that changes is that you dont “WASTE” a whole rank in certain builds because Archer Rank1 is locked.

I dont even know how people could undertand that so wrong. Or was it more like “URGH…change…NOOOOOO !”

3 Likes

Yea what’s the diff between fletcher c1 or archer c1 or even hackapell which is just basically an archer on mount, why not let us start with it early since we need to learn how to ride a mount, babysteps.

Every higher rank, even rank 2 classes are a “stronger” and unique class compared to the previous, that’s why it’s call an UPGRADE. Someone above already explain it’s meant to be an rpg, having the standard warrior/archer/mage etc is a staple.

What you are asking for is beneficial for players who wants things easy, like you. But not by how rpgs work.
Sum it up, it’s a silly idea.

I’m calm. Not every opinion is valid, and this is a perfect example of that.

You are comparing a R5 to a R1 when OP is comparing a R1 to a R2… nothing else to add.

They could nerf a little bit base damage values of some R2 skills to make it work. But I don’t really feel like R2 are so much powerful compared to R1, new combat system is actually why there is not so much differences now.

How does it make the game easier ? I don’t get it. Did you really got into troubles to lvl up the first two ranks of this game xD ? You can reach lvl 100 in one day without any bonus, come on…

ps : Same problem on my Wizard > Pyro3 > Linker 3 > Enchanter, I have no use of Wizard.

3 Likes

Oh. Ok then. I guess I mistook the allcaps shouting, swearing and personal attacks for someone that was upset.

Might as well remove Squire, Alchemist, Pardoner circles from their respective class trees and change em into full fledged professions sub-class, since they are waste of circles outside being a afk shop.

2 Likes

why should they? It is their game. Why blackjack highest score is 21, not 22? It is their rule. You either play with their rule(game) or make your own rule(game). ONLY complaining about the rule(game) wont change anything on reality.

no it isnt flaw, it is to make you have limited option to your build. Because limitless is boring.

ok then, what will you do to change that fact?
A. open many threads complaining them every days until they change it as you wish
B. quit and play another game that let you choose archer ranger qs at rank 1
C. accept the fate and play ToS anyway

1 Like

Oh yay, change and revamp everything to suit OP’s desire. How wonderful~

Dream on, the rank system is fine. It’s not even like the current system is bad or bug or game breaking.

indeed.

/thread

Yay I wanna make alche till rank 3 only then stop playing, and maybe a squire on another account, then pardoner on another and appraiser! Then everyone does it and klaipedia will be like prontera

Lmao OP suggests a simple suggestion of making the rank 2 classes as rank 1 classes (essentially moving all classes down 1 rank) just so people aren’t forced to pick filler garbage 90% of the time at rank 1 and somehow people interpret that as wanting to select any class at any rank, removing crafter classes or OP wanting to design the game themself. Ironic that a lot of these people are telling OP to “think before posting” when they’ve completely gone off the ball.

Currently for each branch the class system has an inverted pyramid structure where everyone has the exact same base, OP’s suggestion would make it so that we still have the same inverted pyramid structure except there now exists a meaningful choice (unless I guess if all 3 of Archer, Quarrel Shooter and Ranger is somehow not useful for you) at the start so everyone isn’t the exact same start.

Although I forgot how hilariously dumb people on these official forums are so ■■■■ knows how my post is going to be interpreted lul.

7 Likes

It is good but not perfect.

When you use other’s words to prove your point, it has to make sense.

Should they remove this section in this case ? What the actual fuk with this prehistoric argument ?

Why should they ? To make the game even better. Our actual combat system is from player suggestions, just in case you didn’t notice it.[quote=“myself, post:15, topic:360757”]
no it isnt flaw, it is to make you have limited option to your build. Because limitless is boring.
[/quote]

It is not limitless, limitless is this :

Something OP is not even talking about.

You can suggest things while playing the game, I don’t get why it’s so hard to understand.

1 Like

More like making it easy for no actual reason for people who want it. What’s is wrong with the current system that let you starts with a fresh basic class, then pick which upgrade you want when it branches out? Wasting 1 rank you say?
You learnt how to walk first when you were born,then you run. I wonder why didn’t your parents make you sprint immediately, what a waste of time.