Tree of Savior Forum

The meta for tanks have changed

So with the discovery of Rodelero’s Slithering being able to evade magic attacks, tank builds are going to change significantly to include this skill in their builds. Currently being able to negate magic attacks is OP for both PVP and PVE.

With this in mind, the ultimate tank build will look something like this:

Swordsman -> Peltasta C1 -> Peltasta C2 -> Rodelero C1 -> Rodelero C2 -> Fencer C1

Notable mentions for this build:

Swordsman’s Pain Barrier - protects against knockdown/knockback (once it’s fixed)
Peltasta’s Shield Mastery: Block attribute - adds 25% block at level 5.
Peltasta’s Guard Defense attribute - increases defense by 50% at level 5 when using Guard (raising your shield).
Peltasta’s Guardian: Evasion attribute - increases evasion by 18% at level 3.
Peltasta’s High Guard: Defense Increase attribute - increases defense by 50 at level 50 when using High Guard.
Rodelero’s Slithering - evades magic attacks for 10 seconds.
Fencer’s Lunge - increases evasion by 50% at level 5.
Fencer’s Esquive Toucher - increases evasion by 50% at level 5.
Fencer’s Flanconnade - increases your block rate (according to description).

This gears up your character for high defense & block from Peltasta, high evasion from Fencer and magic evasion from Rodelero. Stats would be something like 1:1 DEX:CON.

The only part I’m not sure of is Fencer’s skills, especially Flanconnade. If anyone has tested the block rate increase, please fill us in.

Edit: Once rank 7 goes live, there is the chance of going Fencer C2 for increased evasion on Lunge and Esquive Toucher, as well as increased block with Preparation.
It’s either this or Centurion, if it gets re-introduced at rank 7.

1 Like

Whats funny is this was my build for my tank. I never bothered following people’s builds. I just wouldn’t follow the 1DEX- 1 CON its much more complicated then that. I went Fencer just for the piercing attacks. I didn’t want hoplite cause most of his skills have long cooldowns and lack of overheat skills.

maybe getting peltasta c3 and fencer rank 7+? for lvl 15 highguard?

The difference in block between level 5 and level 10 High Guard is like 50 block.
With Fencer C2 you can make Lunge and Esquive Toucher go from +50% evasion to +100% evasion, as well as obtain Preparation, which gives +75% block rate.
Higher rank classes are much stronger than lower rank classes imo

Depending on the rank limit in the future I was thinking of going Full CON:
PeltC3~HopC2~FenC3~HopC3. Magic defense could maybe be filled with equipment not to mention if your a tank there will be magic defense buffs from other classes… hmm but dem Rodolero skills >_<.

Or for a more Granado Espada type of fighter using CON/STR:
SwordsmanC3~PeltC3~HopC3
^in any order but, I’d prefer getting Pelt C3 first in preperation for the future, r7+ classes will obviously change things a bit either way Peltast C3 would be part of any full CON tank build.

a Tank Hoplite3 is still more practical in PvE. your not losing DPS and Defense.

and you can still be affected by any CC during Slithering. thus its a very situational skill

Why is a tank worrying about dps, if so then your not actually a tank lol. A tank only needs enough damage to carry him along the way when he can’t find a group. With how things are from Lvl 120+ things become a burden to solo. Would be much easier to party and let your team do the damage while you soak up damage.

4 Likes

yah the mindset of those that aim for tanks isnt DPS, it should be support, survival, and aggro