Tree of Savior Forum

The Journey of my Chaplain Build Path

Just tested last rights and it appears to add 35 holy and a extra hit at 70.
It does just appear that it adds sacrament a second time.

Tested the buff below hp threshold and about a 30% increase with a lvl 3 Last rights, not sure if it scales in lvls or not. After all this testing I do believe I will be adjusting my skill points, may even take up exorcise.

Anything else needs tested?

1 Like

Is that with 10 sacrament ?

So the damage of holy rites was identical to that of your sacrament ?

yep yep identical, the only thing I have to see is does the dmg increase in a % at the 40% health buff. Either way I don’t think that it would be worth it.

1 Like

depends, does it add holy damage to every attack, like blessing ?

that said, for 10 sacrament, 35 really isnt much at all. might be around 50 or so with 5 last rites. not amazing at all.

Yes it does add it to every attack, I believe anything that has elemental dmg adds to every attack. I’m leaning towards sacrament and last rites being a 1 point wonder.

1 Like

I’m rethinking of changing my thread again, seeing how from how it started out as just a Q&A of skills I was to choose as priest and paths after chaplain into a discussion where everyone who goes or wants to go chaplain and the understanding how its skills work. I would be glad to have help in rearranging information here to at least collate all the useful information shared here on the top/first post.

On the paths after Chaplain, thought of a Pardoner c2 since it does benefit from the buffs it can sell and crafting of spells as well. Though promising, it would be a really autoattacking build if this was the route taken. Again, the question lies in how much skill points to allocate between aspersion, blessing, sacrament (though I see from the vids that 1 seems enough), mass heal, revive & stone skin if Pardoner was the end route? (since we kinda have more ideas on how the skills interact.)

Also quite thankful to the number of useful information shared here, especially those who tested and did damage calculations (since I too did my own calculations based on the available videos around, only on paper though. :joy:)

2 Likes

Ha yea sorry we hijacked your thread. Pardoner does seem good as a support AA, especially with increased magic defense as that seems to be the biggest hitter late game. With most of the main support skills being stone skin and magic defense, high spr would be the key stat to aim for.

Really not sure how aspiration will work with spr, but if your going for more of the support side I wouldn’t invest much into it as the def% buff is not to great.

But yep 1 point into sacrament will work and free up the points to go into mass heal and the rest of survival skills.

Thank you for the reply, but could you clarify the ‘30%’ part? Is it a 30% increase as in the bonus goes from 35 to ~45 ? Is the entire additional hit value increased by 30%? All hits?

Hi Love your calculations. Could you Calculate how much autoattacks you are able to do in 45 seconds?. (Chaplains have 5 stacks on autoattacks.) Which will mean the answer needs to be multiplied by 5 i guess. Now, If your calculations “autoattack in 45 seconds” results to < or = to 36. Only then, Blessing lvl 15 is Worth it for your Offensive Chaplain, If it isn’t, then might as well find the Exact lvl with the exact amount of hit count is achievable if After you use the Blessing you start Autoattacking. (without casting anything) Blessing lvl 15 is probably only really really worth it if you have a Party with Tick/Dot Damage, Or Attack Speed Builds. Basically friends that can reach 180 hit count in 45 seconds. If not, putting up 15/ going max lvl blessing is utter useless.

Deploy Capella Deploys something like a pirate flag, An object, A table and The Carve World Tree Statue (dievdirby statue) on top of the table. Which gives an instant party buff. I’m not sure if it does any Aspersion damage, I also don’t think it casts Monstrance -Def/evasion circle. Only gives the %dex buff.

Now, my own thoughts. Best Heal in the Game is probably Healing Factor From Plague Doctor but thats rank 7

cleric c3 heal tile lvl 15 = 5x15 multiply by 2 (overheat)
150% heal

Cleric c2 heal tile lvl 10 = 100% heal
Lv10 revive which gives 50% heal and 10 sec Invulnerable. yes 2 minutes cd.
Cleric c1 heal tile lvl 5=50%
Mass heal @28%

Revive quite underated. Does no one know how Overpowered being Invulnerable is?.. Free cast
 for 10 seconds. Combo it up with Safety zone. No one would be afraid of bosses. Heals will defo come in within 10 seconds. + you’ll already have 50% max hp returned. hahaha REVIVE REVIVE REVIVE FTW

Blessing works on skills, not just auto attacks. Even Cure has some serious hit counts (30 at lvl11 with Divine Might).

Wizard being the popular class, has a lot of hit counts.
Archer, another popular DPS class, has even more hit counts.

On Revive, even with it players will still choose not to die in the first place. It’s an emergency skill. It’s not a skill like Diev’s Ausrine where everyone will enjoy its full benefits. If no one dies during Revive, it’s basically a moot skill. Hence you cannot ‘calculate’ its benefits like how you do, you can only know its potential benefits.

Try casting Revive and ask you party members to die purposely, they won’t.

An mmo means Massive multiplayer Online, Try playing with Real life friends on Skype and use its benefits. Or get a guild m8. stop playing like Kirito
 and play solo 24/7 hahah You play support. Why the hell would you support people who aren’t your friends? :smiley:

FYI I did say “only really really worth it if you have a party with Tick/dot Damage, or auto attack speed builds” This meaning
 Tick/dot damage = wizard or some archers. like i said any class “that can reach 180 hit count in 45 seconds” So I dont know why you think i’m against Blessing :smiley: Please Read before you spit on my comment.

Moot skill or emergency skill is up to you. I don’t heal anyone if they are on revive. As simple as that. As i know they’ll have 50% health if they do die. Who dies purposely? honestly everyone tries to dodge, If they fail to dodge they recieve 50% heal +10sec invulnerable. If Revive buff dissapears, then I heal them.

BTW What I said about Blessing is that if you are a SOLO PLAYER like you are. Calculate your Autoattacks made in 45 seconds. If you reach 30 autoattacks + MAX CURE or 36 autoattacks. Feel free to max your Blessing, As it is worth the full hit count. If not, Why bother maxing blessing if you are not going to hit the full hit count. max blessing is at 170 with 180hitcounts, lvl 10 blessing is at 150 with 130 hit count. +20 every hit is that really going to change anything, if you can’t even do 180 hits in 45 seconds. but only Wizards and Archers can do so, WHY BOTHER? thats 5 Skill Points spent, [ONLY USED FOR TICK SPELL ARCHERS/WIZARDS]

AND just so you know if you are playing Kirito, Screw other people, Helping dot/tick wizards and Archers. What happens if you get a party that only have slow attack speed and can’t hit 180 hits in 45 seconds. Whats the chances there? I’m telling you,

make sure You can use your skills to its fullest, Other people are 2nd priority.

Especially, if you specified to [wizards/archers] unless they are your friends, then again if they are [revive CAN be used CORRECTLY] hahhaa now ALL OTHER CLASSES That don’t benefit from BLESSING MAX 180 hits 45 seconds this from on top of my head, Linker, Thaumaturge. Sorcerer. Pyschokino, Chronomancer, All Swordies, Krivis, Sadhu, Paladin, Pardoner, Oracle Won’t gain full potential from your blessing. I know Some classes are more popular than others and you’re more likely to find them, buuuuut

Don’t base your Skill SETUP just cause the Possibilities you find “Popular builds” and you can suck it up to them. USE YOUR SPELLS FOR YOU.

I am playing with friends. I’m in a guild. I’m on discord. You?

You mentioned that Wizards and Archers can make use of max Blessing, and you know what are the most common classes? Wizards and Archers.

Sure, you can play solo and probably doesn’t need all 180 hits. But you will eventually need to party up at the higher level contents (260+).

I could nit pick your list of classes (Chrono with lvl15 Quicken, Pyrolinker with Fireballs/Flameground/Firepillar hit counts), but I would rather you do the research necessary before throwing out vague examples yourself.

Also wow, you are so easily offended; calling a simple discussion “spitting on your comments”.

No need to be so defensive there.

And stop contradicting yourself. First you said people should play with friends, then you advocate building your character not based on other characters.

Yep contradicting, as you did with Revive -> not being able to be used in a party situation as you mentioned, but especially for people on discord with microphones on, its as simple as saying “Revive up!” and people start going in crazy. instead of hurdling behind the cleric/priest. Mass heal heals infront of the caster. I guess allowing more DPS to be shot at the boss, instead of hanging around waiting for heals.

Blessing for sure like I said again, if you have many friends who are classes with loads of Dot/tick damage based spells sure. Do Max Blessing, And like I’ve said again and again, Finding “Meta” Dot/tick spell classes if you play “Solo” will happen quite often, But lets say in the case you don’t, then whaaat? Blessing isn’t used to its full potential. That said,

I’ve actually calculated how much hits my chaplain can do in 45 seconds. And it was around 60. So maxing it is definitely worth it.

My opinion on blessing:
I guess maxing blessing will improve your time doing quests early on the game. with 60 hit counts in 45 seconds mean that you can just have Cafrisun + Sacrament and you’ll be able to do 30k dmg. with only 3 ticks on your autoattack. So its even less if you have 5 ticks (+Aspergillum and +last rites?(i might be wrong)). you’ll have around 24/60 auto attacks which can be converted into dodging, rebuffing, healing, debuffing and the rest.(this to maximize the blessing you used on yourself)

My opinion against blessing:
Is 12 skill points on blessing really necessary. You are going chaplain, So you probably are getting MAX Aspersion for Aspergillum damage, which gives you 90k± damage in 45 seconds in autoattacks.

So now i’m wondering where you are placing your points into. You have 15 skill points left on your priest skill tree. (if you’ve max aspersion and blessing) When sacrament 1 is a must, mass heal only really shines at lvl 10. Ressurect needed to be at lvl 2 to get your attributes for Revive skill. Exorcise a good dot/tick magic attack. (lv1 probably) you’ve got 1 skill point left. And there are still spells you haven’t put any points into. Stone Skin, Revive and Monstrance.

Haha, just read my comments about how its defo worth it if you’ve got friends who are tick/dot damage classes. (Which are whatever you just nit picked, pyros,elementalists, a few archer classes yeah you know the classes I dont need to explain seems like you know loads)
I’m not defensive, or offended. I’m telling you to read my earlier comment and dont just read my complete irrelevant “spit on my comments” comment.

anyway, [quote=“Clarityrence, post:113, topic:161376”]
I am playing with friends. I’m in a guild. I’m on discord. You?
[/quote]

I’ll slow clap for this, and give you a handshake. and tell you congratulations.

FYI: All I care about is our disccusion on the topic, not the unnecesary dramatic comments spewed here and there. A good drama makes a good read, makes a good discussion ; )

@bartkoopmanslippens Chaplain autoattack dmg currently falls off really hard endgame, to the point you only use it for solo. Up until 220-ish the solo dmg is relevant, because solo questing is the most you’ll be doing, but after that there’s not much of a point of not going for parties (exp is much better).

If it’s going to be like that, then, imo, it’s much better to actually get Blessing to 12~15 and Aspersio/Sacra left at 1. Blessing is the only offensive buff that isn’t made obsolete by Pardoners. So leveling Aspersio/Sacra would only benefit your own autoattacks. And, considering you’ll barely be DPSing after 220 anyway, it just seems reasonable to invest skill points into the role you’ll be playing most of the time: support.

It should also be considered that if it’s a SPR build, and IF we get the KR Blessing updates, then points on Blessing will give more autoattack dmg than points on Sacra/Aspersio by pretty far. There’s a thread with calculations, I can link it to you if you’d like.

Personally, I think it’s pretty likely that the Blessing update will come: it just makes sense, too few reasons to go SPR for Clerics atm. Even if it doesn’t though, I still think it’s more efficient to put those points on Blessing after all.

Hey dude, agreed on all points you mentioned. Do you know, whether Aspersion Gem and 0 points skilled up on Aspersion itself. will Create the minimum damage for Aspergillum (lv 1 aspersion damage)?

No need for gem, level 0 = level 1