Tree of Savior Forum

The Grand Modifier Thread | Skill damage boosts and 'additional attack' sources explained

Not really enough info. The 30% damage increase from the attribute’s extra hit could be any number of things. Are we talking about a hypothetical skill or something that exists?

Treat it same as mechanic as Redel in Doppel (+5 hits +180% dmg), but here its +1 hit +30% dmg.

In that case it’s just

1000 x (300% x (100% + 50% + 30%))
x 3 hits.

Redel is a fake multihit attribute so it’ll display 4 but still be calculated as 3 hits in this scenario; it’ll simply be +30% damage, most likely additive to whatever debuff the enemy has.

ToS skills arent as cut and dry as this though. A hypothetic skill vs a mob with a random 50% damage debuff could do just about any damage it wants. The math only functions for test-able skills unless you specify exactly what every part of your hypothetical damage calculation does.

I was wondering if you are sure that Redel/Zucken/Zornhou multihit attribute is actualy addtive to debuffs like cleave.

Since in one chapter you write in multihits that Zornhou is 4 hits, but in reality one. So instead of being 1500% x 4 its 6000% with is not so true at all too. Since in second chapter you write the multihit attribute is additive to debuffs.

So its either 1500% dmg +300% attribute or 6000%, because for me 6000% is base skill damage where everything else multiply it.

The most confusing is Redel though, since its writen +180% dmg and it add 5 hits. Where 180% dmg is either +5hits and +40% dmg to each hit or +9 hits to keep it as 180% dmg increase. Where in game its just +5 hits.

The diffrence in this is gigantic, since comboing 50% cleave debuff and 80% zwernchau debuff multiply it greatly or just add to it.
Its either 1500% base dmg (300x5) x 4,1 or 4200% base dmg x 2,3. I think i will try to test it myself.
Since looking at it intuitivly if it change tooltip dmg (well amount of hits) it indicates that it should apply to base dmg of skil.

Made few tests in game with Redel, its attribute, Cleave and Zwernhau debuff.

Scenario 1) No Redel attribute deal around 6500dmg per hit.
Scenario 2) No Redel attribute + cleave debuff deal around 9800 dmg per hit (so yeah around +50% dmg)
Scenario 3) No Redel attribute + zwernhau debuff deal around 11500 dmg per hit (around +80% dmg)
Scenario 4) No Redel attribute + both debuffs deal around 15000 dmg per hit (+130% dmg)

Scenario 5) With attribute on deal around 7500 dmg per hit (15-20% increase, should be 9100 if its 180% dmg increase in totall)
Scenario 6) With attribute on + cleave debuff deal around 9500 dmg per hit (should be around 11000 if additive with debuff)
Scenario 7) With attribute on + cleave debuff deal around 10000 dmg per hit (should be around 12000 if additive with debuff)
Scenario 8) With attribute on + both debuffs deal around 12000 dmg per hit (should be around 13000 if additive)

The results sems as the process is additive BUT Redel attribute giving only +135-140% dmg not 180%.

When you see multiple hits pop up from a hit that technically only hits once, dont forget to actually count up all the values you see pop up to know how much damage you really are doing.

Redel for example, is 5 hits
With the multicut attribute, it’s still 5 hits. Each hit is just split into 2 making it visually look like 10 hits.

So a level 6 Redel is 305% per hit. That’s 305% x 5 hits.
A level 6 Redel with multicut attribute is 305% x 1.8 = 549% per hit. That’s 549% x 5 hits. The game visually just splits each hit of 549% into two unevenly split halves (it’s not 50/50). For the sake of calculating damage however (crits, bonus damage like concentrate etc), those “2 hits” are really just one hit. So you add the two halves together to know how much damage you’re really doing per hit.

For your example in your second post; You’re not doing 7500 per hit. One hit could be 4300, the next 7400. That combined is 11700 = 6500 x 1.8. And that’s how much damage that hit really did. The values can go really far apart, hovering between 50/50 and 10/90 split.

About the warlock skill invocation, nightrain_scy pointed out that the red spirits hit 6 times, but I couldn’t get a confirmation. If this is true, it is possible red spirits do 3 hits of 2 lines (like 3 cast of twin arrow or something).

When I claimed red spirits only did 3 hits, I was testing on jukopus which died in 1 hit each, so that might have been the reason.

PS: I updated the google sheet recently with a new page

I understand what you mean, but I was always taking the highest dmg that I have seen.

Also you made mistake in your calculation. It should be 6500 x 2,8 not 1,8, since its +180% dmg and that is equal to 18200 dmg.

If the highest hit I saw was 7500 and that is 120% dmg, then it means the second should be 160% of dmg with is even higher than the highest. So no matter how it splits the damage, there was no possiblity to deal 280% dmg of a single hit in two hits.
If minimal maximum dmg that I would observe should be 140% of dmg, so spliting it exactly 50/50. What I saw as maximum of maximum was 120%.

Also everything was done without buffs to prevent more complex calculations.

If a mob takes a 2-line fake multi it will still show both lines even if 1 of those is enough to kill it. When I tested this the red spirit only showed 1 line (for each of the 3 hits) so I’m pretty sure that’s not the case.

I had recorded a video of 2 black 1 red spirits hitting 12 times when dragged with ghastly trail, but there were multiple problems with it so I didn’t really pay it much attention:

1. didn’t record spirits spawning, so maybe they already hit things
  2. likelihood of extra spirits
  3. both black spirits are at the front, but the first 3 hits didn’t make any of them disappear

That said, the red spirit appears as the only spirit remaining for a split second before dealing 4 lines on a mob

PS: are there any limits on character creation/ deleting? If not, I was planning to create temporary characters and level them with free map exploration cards to test skills

Were you hitting a Plate mob maybe?

It;s not that I’m not open to discussion about things I personally tested, everyone makes mistakes, but with how intricate ToS’s damage calculations are you’re not giving me enough info to prove or disprove anything either way…

And I cant exactly test doppel myself now unfortunately, that was back during reset event.

Didnt hit plate mod, since I used Zwernhau debuff with doesnt work on plate mobs. I was testing on leather mob.

All damage are consitent as long as I dont use the attribute of Redel.
I doubt they gave +180% dmg on Redel, its probably typo and in reality its +100%. For now I didnt see any hit (no matter how it splits the dmg) that went above 120% of initial damage. With 180% dmg increase, on average all hits should do 140% dmg of non-attribute redel. Even if it split to degrees like 90%/10% then I should be able to see the 90% value hit with would be over 200% of initial hit. It shouldnt be hard to observe 15000 hit in row of 7500 hits.

I finally got around to testing armour type bonus today (didn’t try before since I only tested mages and skipped melee since it usually has a damage range). I think I figured out how it works.

The %modifier for armour affects mob def in calculation, not as a multiplier (like elem%)

Magic on ghost seems to be considered armour bonus as well

Eg
669~717 atk blunt auto attack on greentoshell (plate, 707def), seen dmg range is 236~260

new_def = 707 * ( 100% - 25%) = 530.25
min_dmg = 669 * min(1, log10((669/(530.25+1))^0.9+1)) = 233
max_dmg = = 717 * min(1, log10((717/(530.25+1))^0.9+1)) = 260

207~207 atk arrow auto attack on yekubite (cloth, 34def), dmg seen is 169

new_def = 34 * ( 100% - 12.5%) = 29.75
dmg = 207 * min(1, log10((207/(29.75+1))^0.9+1)) = 169

1 Like

Priest: blessing

The tooltip uses a slightly different formula for additional damage compared to what is actually given

lvl 15 blessing 50 attribute 287 SPR

blessing w/o attribute = 55 + 25 * 14 + 3 * 287 ^ 0.9 = 893.894…

tooltip = 893.894 * 1.5 = 1340
actual = 893 * 1.5 = 1339

Priest: sacrament and Chaplain: last rites

Tested only sacrament 1 and 2 (via divine might)

sacrament additional property damage varies constantly between 12~13 (lv 1) and 15~16 (lv 2)

last rites (>40% hp):

• holy property = 15+SPR (lv1 sacra) and 19+SPR (lv2 sacra)
  • additional property = 15 (lv1 sacra) and 19 (lv2 sacra)

last rites (<40% hp):

• holy property = 18+SPR (lv1 sacra) and 22+SPR (lv2 sacra)
  • additional property = 18 (lv1 sacra) and 22 (lv2 sacra)

Compared with pre-combat update, the only thing new is sacrament holy property +2 per level (from +3) and +SPR to holy property

Plague doctor: incineration

Tested duration on 2 and 5 debuffs
Duration = 10 + number of debuff before cast (but not sure if incinerating an incinerated mob gives +1s)
Number of dot ticks = duration / 0.4 (ignoring exact time ticks)

Eg 2 debuff before casting incineration has 12s, but only ticks 29 times

Black steam death multipliers incineration damage by 1.3, but the additional 0.3 is just magic type damage

Eg
1152 matk on lakhof (758mdef, earth, cloth)
lv10 incineration with 40 attribute (175%)
dmg seen = 1411 (with bsd)

main_dmg = 1.5 * 1.75 * 1152 * log10(( 1152 / ( 758+1)) ^ 0.9 + 1) = 1179.922…
added_dmg = (1.75 * 0.3) * 1152 * log10(( 1152 / ( 758+1)) ^ 0.9 + 1) = 235.9844…
total_dmg = 1179.922 + 235.9844 = 1141

I also tested on blue terra imp (dark, ghost) for the magic attribute

Just testing out multi shot lv1 (archer) and found it hits 11 times instead of 10.

Side note: Updating google sheet again

I played a few times with fencer calculation. My numbers are very close (whether I pop my glassmole or not) assuming they moved the epee multiplier to be additive to the 1,5x multiplier and assuming also that rapier aggression is on group 2. I don’t have time to play the game anymore than do Saalus and ET so if someone else can confirm @EternalDream

Hi excuse I don’t seem to understand the +200 bonus on Pommel Beat and Double Slash. What does that mean?

Sadhus Transmit Prana should also be listed; it’s a little complicated, because it works different for the additional damage part and the psychokinesis additional damage part.
It adds MATK × {1,5 x (0.5 + ([Skill Level] × 0.03))} additional psychokinesis element damage to your psychokinesis element magic skills and OOB autoattacks and MATK × (0.5 + ([Skill Level] × 0.03)) additional psychokinesis element damage to your other magic skills.

So, psychokinesis element skills recieve 1,5 times the damage boost from Transmit Prana that other elemental magic skills recieve.

Bokors Hexing:Dark attribute also needs a listing place.
It adds an up to 1,3 modifier to all Bokor dark element skills;
it doesn’t affect the zombies normal attack damage,though, although it is also considered dark element damage, so it doesn’t boost dark element damage directly.
No idea if it increases Warlock or Shadowmancer skill damage.

This forum may make me lose my sanity some day by this posting errors.

Hmmm I might need to do more testing but Epee stance is a another mods which multiply 1.5x after ( Patk x 1.5x + Catk)

So it become (Patk x 1.5 + Catk) x 1.5

I got pretty accurate result and I dont think anyone post about it here yet? :thinking: just sharing what I found