Tree of Savior Forum

The Grand Modifier Thread | Skill damage boosts and 'additional attack' sources explained

I have bit problem of understanding the elemental damage in the formula, so I would be thankfull for small explanation.
The best if you could answer my example if you can.

Lets say I have:
100 physical damage
100 dmg from concentrate
100 dmg from elements
200% dmg skill with 4 hits where two of them are fake hits

If i understand it well i will do:
800 physical damage, 200 concentrate and 200 elemental damage (is that right?)

From what I see in game, the fake multihits all show concentrate damage, but it doesnt apply in reality does it?

That is correct.

So let’s say the tooltip says 200% x 4, but it’s really 2 hits with each hit split into 2, then in reality it’s 400% x 2

From there you just consider it like any other skill;
(100 Attack x 400%) + 100 Conc + 100 Elem = 600 Damage per hit, 1200 total.

Some of the values I managed to recover

Your sheet is private atm. Do you want to set it so I can view or just accept my request to have access to it?

- Either all “hits” are critical, or none are -Archer
Archer Twin arrows 1 hit (display 2-hit visual).
Ranger spiral arrow 1 hit (display 6-hit visual).
Hunter Rush Dog 1 Hit (display 5-hit visual).
Fletcher barbed arrow 1 hit (display more hits based on enemy armour type).
Rogue backstab 1 hit (display 2 hit visual).
Falconer sonic strike 1 hit (display 6-hit visual).
Musketeer Buttstroke 1 hit (display 2-hit visual).
Musketeer Volleyfire 1 hit (display 4-hit visual).
Musketeer birdfall vs flying 1 hit (display 2-hit visual).
Hackapel Skarphuggning 2 hits (display 2x2 hit visual, and 2x3 hit visual vs stormbolt-debuffed targets).
Hackapel Stormbolt 1 hit (display 3 hit visual, and 5 hit visual vs stormbolt-debuffed targets).

Wizard fake magicbolts
Wizard energy bolt 1 hit (display 2 fake hit visual).
Cryomancer ice bolt 1 hit (display 2 fake hit visual).
Elementalist freezing sphere 1 hit (display 2 fake hit visual).
Alchemist Alchemist Missile 1 hit (display 2 fake hit visual).

Great thread as always! Can’t wait for you to test Shrink Size Specialty attribute (Thauma) out since I can’t seem to figure out what’s going on with it. On most of my skills it seem to multiply my damage by 2.2x as expected but on others it varies greatly, up to 10x damage when I tested with my friend’s Conviction (from 2x5k to 2x50k).

Additional Damage
Damage added at the end of everything, affected by nothing else.

Blessing = 55 + (([Skill Level] - 1) × 25) + (([Skill Level] / 5) × ([Character SPR] ^ 0.9)) × (1 + [Blessing: Enhance Level] × 0.01)

If the enemy was stunned, Conviction gets (a currently unknown amount of) bonus damage from that.

I’d love to test many classes but I don’t have as much free time as I used to; chances of me making my own thauma are slim right now unless another reset event comes along in the future. My only mage for the time being will be cryo3ele3. At least I can verify electrocute up in some earlier posts (and all the frozen/electric attributes).

There was no stun at all. Swell Left without Shrink Body = 5k hits. Swell Left with Shrink Body = 50k hits. The combo also boosts my dagger offhand auto-atk damage by around 5x. I’ll test it further and give you some actual numbers when I get around to it, but last time I tried I couldn’t really find an explanation.

Started reading the post but the formulas are all outdated. Are we getting an update here? :slight_smile:

The formulas used in this thread are up to date tho. I havent included the base formula (the one with log and stuff) since you could find it in other threads and this technically isn’t supposed to be a pure damage calculation thread. I can add it if you want; it’s not that neccessary for the thread.

Ok. I did some more testing and finally figured out what’s going on with Swell Left + Shrink Body. The damage bonus is based on my MATK, regardless of who is dealing the damage. After doing some math the formula looks something like this.

X = (Attacker's PATK or MATK + Thaum's MATK * 1.2)

Damage = X * logformula(X) * % Mods

So if for example we have a thaum with 2k matk, an attacker with 3k patk, using lv5 Bash (200%) vs a target with 500 def, it’ll look something like this:

(3000+2000*1.2) * log10(((3000+2000*1.2)/(500+1))^0.9+1) * 2 = 10558 damage

EDIT: To put it into your categorization, it would go under “Attack Modifier”. Something like this:

Attack Modifier

Thaumaturge

• Swell Left Arm “Shrink Size Specialty” Attribute:
    +30% [* Attribute Level] of the Thaumaturge’s MATK
2 Likes

Nice.

Adding it now.

It’s Attack Modifier btw, not Skill %.

This might be a dumb question, but if an attack has a flat damage value listed instead of a percent, does that make it that number/100?

For example, if Bash says “attack 200” does that mean “200%” so if you rank it again, it’ll be “209%”? Also where does critical hit factor in with the rework?

All skills are % now.
If they put a number without %, the % was forgotten. It should be 200% on bash level 5. In KToS they have put % on all skills without %.

ty, that’s one mystery solved, I’ll have to take another look at my build now, lol

@EternalDream

Small question to you, since I am not sure about critical hits.

Criticals have innate 50% increase in damage right?
Does the 50% innate increase boost the defense vs attack formula (so 1000 attack vs 1000 defense change to 1500 attack vs 1000 defense?).
Does critical attack from DEX calculate into the attack vs defense formula? (so 1000 attack vs 1000 defense change to 1000 attack +500 critical attack vs 1000 defense?)
Does the critical attack benefit from the 50% innate critical damage increase? (so the crit attack instead of calculating as 500 will calculate as 750?)

Updated main post with some tidbits regarding the main damage formula (also included a link to a more indepth topic on the rest of the game’s mechanics)

While those should answer your question;

Crit’s 50% increase ONLY affects the attack outside the log formula, not the one inside of it. So the relation between attack/defense as it’s used within the log is unaffected. Same goes for Critical Attack.

Critical Attack is a static value added after the critical bonus is applied to your attack. (Attack * 1.5) + Crit Attack

1 Like

@EternalDream I got another question for 10 points.

If I have ability that have:

• 300% damage per hit
  • 3 hits
  • 1 additional hit from atribute (with is writen as 30% dmg increase in the attribute)
  • 1000 physical damage totall as character
  • enemy is under the effect of 50%bonus damage debuff

How much dmg will this ability do?