Tree of Savior Forum

The gone fishing event

Is this event designed to make players angry?
I have been fishing since the even started, and it will end soon. I have not received even ONE costume that I wanted. No red, no blue, no black. I accidentally picked the wrong gender, and there was no way to exchange it. I have spent so much of what little silver I scrape up, to continue fishing and am just frustrated.

I want management to understand that it isn’t a bad thing to release good costumes to people who play regularly…
It was clear that the black costume was the main ‘prize’ of this event. It is clear from the lack of items on the market; it is clear from its differing design.

I understand there are some consolation prizes for fishing like expensive materials, but the wording and the sheer miniscule percentage one player has of winning the main prize is ridiculous. The average player has no idea what the percentage of receiving a costume is; to our knowledge, we only have a MEASLY 7% of obtaining any item, most likely a fish we don’t have use for. It also doesn’t help that you have to throw out 100k+ silver every day just to fill up the 10/10. And it also doesn’t help that the 10/10 is mostly useless fish. Probability wise we don’t know the difference between the baits, what we should use if we want something, what we shouldn’t use. How are we supposed feel dropping our money into this? The guaranteed event costumes look SO different in design from the black ones, which feels like we’re being given cheap knock-offs.(I also don’t understand why you had to limit it to 1 per team. you could make them untradeable.)
It was also ridiculous that this fishing took more than 2 hours, and you have the characters stay logged on, unable to do anything.

Sure, the content of the event matters(what you have to do,what you get out of it, etc.), and in that sense, it may be arguable that it is not the worst event.
But the way you designed it, how you presented it to the game, from what i see from this event, shows how little you care about the player base and their gaming experience.
The lack of information; the amount of blind effort you require from the players compared to the little reward you give; the growing pile of crap items that this event generates for players is exhausting.

My experience was that, because of this event, I became more unwilling to commit any further into this game. Whether it was monetary, or purely time, I lost interest in playing a game that doesn’t care for the players.
I am sure, I am not the only who feels this way.

3 Likes

20 days fishing with shrimp and never got the Klaipeda Fishing Rod… stupid imc

1 Like

I’m actually enjoying this event, they could make the % better but that’s what we got for now, ppl r saying that the new journal will give a better fishing rod :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree, fishing sucks. Not everyone has the time to play for 5 hours a day, or even 2 hours. Yet, we are expected to spend up to 5 hours afk fishing for garbage. It’s also irritating that the descriptions of the bait and fishing accessories are so ambiguous and misleading. Different people seem to have different interpretations of what Paste Bait can do. In addition, as you’ve mentioned, we don’t know how the success rate of fishing works. Bait is overpriced and the fish that we get is useless. No one cares about the stupid buff that Silver Fish gives, and Small Silver Fish is supposedly better than Worms but not as good as Shrimp–in other words, it’s just another trash item to consume one of our Fishing Cycles. It’s a pathetic attempt at creating new and unique content.

1 Like

The event is ending and not a red/black maid costume and paper boat head gear in sight. I have terrible luck. Meanwhile my silver fish is about 40 now after giving 25 in exchange for blue maid. Wish they added more exchangeable costume for more fish…

for ex 25 silver fish for blue maid, 40 silver fish for red maid and 60 silver fish for the black one but that just me…

2 Likes

156 small fish and nothing… NOTHING!!! I WANT MY KLAIPEDA FISHING ROD :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

WHY IMC??? WHY??? :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

but blue costume is exchangeable with 25 silver fish. round this time it’s impossible for you to not get 25 silver fishes already.

Black still is rare af tho. I already gave up on getting it.

Edit: wrong gender? for something you were hyped to get, you haven’t checked whether you got what gender you want the blue box for?

And those wanting the klai rod . DONT. It doesnt do anything. I got more things from using the ordinary rod. [like 5 klai rods]

Its a stupid feature in the game but who knows? Maybe they plan to give other rewards from it. I never used shrimps because its stupid. I use worms (no bonfire - no fish bait) and got the tea set + cover + red costume and some 315 mats. The silver fish? will stack it from now, who knows? Maybe some day the fish will get tastier. Its a stupid in game feature for AFK and for some random chatting with friends and by-passers. But hope they can implement fishing in all the bodies of water.

Lets all wait and have patience. Well, we could also quit and come back later when the contents are worth it. For now, it’s stupid but who knows? Only RNGeesus knows :smiley:

Its not only this event that makes the players angry though, its a common thing.:confused:

What would tos ever be without its riddicolus rng.

Been using shrimps since day 1 and no costume yet.
Wonder when i will learn to not trust tos rng

1 Like

LOL Why are you guys using shrimp? I got red maid costume just by using cheap worms. Fishing is a great event. Just leave your character, go to sleep, when you wake up you get some items for no effort. What is the problem with that?

Id say it has valuable rewards, but i wouldnt call it “go afk” a great event.

mmmmm, the last day and finally…
Even so the drop is absurdly low

Because, supposedly Shrimp has a higher chance of producing better rewards, based on the description. However, it could also be interpreted as: Higher chance of fishing items in general(consuming a fish cycle). No one knows, and IMC’s Engrish is unreliable.

Just read what you wrote, and you’ll see the problem. You’re telling me that it’s great to play a game where one of the “new” and “unique” features is to turn your game on and go to bed. I bet you main an afk necro, and support the concept of auto attack and bots. Bots just want to turn on the game and afk and get a lot of silver–what’s the problem with that, right?

If the NPC gave a “box,” like the red and black box, there wouldn’t be a mistake. Instead, the NPC makes you choose a gender. To be honest, I nearly picked Male by accident myself.

Just because it doesn’t increase the chance of fishing something nice, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t look shiny. People can still want it just for fashion.

2 Likes

Random is so random.
I’ve got tons of Klai fishing rods (didn’t even count, probably around 10-15), two red costumes… and still no black costume. It feels quite sad, I do hope they’ll make it buyeable at least…
I’d understand somehow if they’d set some requirements I won’t be able to fulfill. But I fished all days, and at the time it’s not even on market to buy for silver. Feels somehow bad not being able to get the costume just because it’s given away absolutely on random, and you have limited amount of attempts.

While costume items from fishing surely is a neat feature, it would be great if you could actually do something else with the stuff you fish.

I’m a little sad that I didn’t get my black “buttler” uniform (who’s seemingly just a restaurant waiter after all) and that it took so much time to actually fish something.

It would be nice to see an enhanced fishing system where to can actively fish with a harpoon, using the spear throw mechanics to hit the shadows moving inside the water with a limited amount of harpoons per day (would make a great and actually fun event with luck and skill required).

Passive fishing count should be increased and instead be treated like opening a shop with Enchanter,Pardoner,Squire,Appraiser or Alchemist, i.e. you can set up the character fishing and then go adventuring with another character and/or log out.
The good items should be moved to active fishing, while passive fishing should have more actual fishes that grant buff effects when cooked and eaten over a bonfire,similarly to the silver fishes right now.

Good buffs would be boosts in block rate, evasion rate, movement speed and attack speed. Would be funny if there was a chance for negative effects,too, like poisoning.

Fishing should also recieve a level that enables you to differentiate between your caught fishes once you’ve caught a lot of them, making normal fishing a lot more fun and useful compared to now, while active harpoon fishing (best limited to only the coast maps) should be used for future events.

Another idea would be that there are fishing-only boss monsters that can be caught via fishing,looking for a fight with the people, featuring new cards,recipes and so on:slight_smile:

3 Likes