Tree of Savior Forum

The Future of SAGE

INFINITE FIREBALLS

Image is so fuking small.

5 Likes

Apparently the image is only for ants

14 Likes

I hope it can replicate firewalls as well.

1 Like

How about in frost cloud? Is it possible?

Oh dear. I need my weekly KTOS patch note! I check KTOS thread like it’s news.

So well theoretically speaking, based on available snapshots, Pyromancer C3 will be saved big time.

Then, Wizard C3-Pyromancer C3 or even Pyromancer C3-Elementalist C3 is justifiable.

Hot balls for everyone (ew).

How would pyro c3 be saved big time? fire balls can still be pushed away instantly.

Fire balls after 4 will start to proc eachother like madness and actually reduce damage.

Bigger aoe sizes on your skills? well nice novelty i guess, hardly needed.

So what else is there?

If Sage can affect other people’s AoE it’s the follow-up for Chrono 3.

If they can’t it’s most likely for Ele 3 and Pyros.

1 Like

we can’t say for sure thats the only thing they can do since we haven’t see what attributes they might have.

if the skill that improves the aoe of other skills have an attribute that decreases or increases aoe attack ratio well no need for me to say the obvious is there?

There is a somewhat old video showcasing 6 Fireballs attacking a group of monsters. I saw them triggerin each other until the flame died out pretty fast.

Honestly I didn’t know that was a thing. So when I finally did, I thought yes Sage is no good (again, based on what we have for now).

They might come with Pyro’s fix someday. I dunno. Even if they don’t, properly placing Fireballs in different position–instead of tightly packing them on one spot–would yield desirable result.

The follow up of Time-mage being Space-mage? Paint me surprised :grinning:

I dont know but logicaly sage can duplicate all ground magic… So i think FW FP FG can be duplicated as well…

Triple max flame ground???

Sage is a DPS class according to it’s icon.

Sage’s 2 most talked about skills seem to work like this:

• the first is the one that doubles Fireball. From the looks of it, it’s most likely possible to double only deployment “stuff” like maybe Firewall or Icewall. Not sure if it works with Summons, AoEs, statues or anything else but probably not

• the second one increases the SIZE of your AoE. Increasing only it’s size is not really useful, so most likely it can increase also your maximum number of targets by a fixed value, or at least it’s attack ratio by a bigger margin. This one probably works for ALL AoEs.

If I were to guess meta Sage Builds:

Wiz > Pyro 3 > Ele 3 > Sage

Wiz 3 > Ele 3 > Warlock, Pyro or anything > Sage

Wiz 3 > Pyro 3 > Kino or anything but PP 4 FB = GG > Sage

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Ele 3 > Sage

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Pyro 3 > Sage

Remember it’s a DPS class from rank 8 so it’s very likely it will get a very good damage skill in the future.

IF those skills from Sage can be used on other peoples AoEs it might be the class Chrono 3 takes instead of Ele 3. But from the fact that it’s a Red Class I don’t think it would be this supportive.

The skill Micro Dimension attacks opponents with small distorted fragments of space and it can have a replicating duplicate attribute. The number of duplicates grows with the skill level.

Ultimate Dimension maximizes the portion of space to attack enemies. One attribute of this skill can also increase its perimeter and power.

Means Sage will have offensive spells. The duplicate and size increase on other wizard spells are attributes.

Source: https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=518&vp=2

@greyhiem

So you think those spells work for other players or only your own spells?

I can’t say for sure until the skill data is released however I think they will work for all allied spells. My assumption is based on the current skills in ToS. Most skills work for all players, such as Circling (falconer), Psychic Pressure on other wizard ice wall/fire ball, Linker Joint penalty working on fireball and objects, etc.

I will love this skill, especially if it will work for ET floors. Might reroll wizard for this.
https://treeofsavior.com/img2/news/developersblog/20160715/pic20.jpg
​▲ Open up a “portal” for you and your party members to move to a memorized location.

@Randy This is correct. I have that info in my database.

Fireball uselessly wasting hits on other fireballs:

1 Like

Just my 2 cents, it maybe true that the Rank 8 will have better DPS, but if we follow this route, that means that Rank 9 class will have better DPS than Rank 8, and Rank 10 will be better than Rank 9. In this case, if we were to maximize our DPS, won’t it means that we are going to have a rainbow build at the end of our class choice (Assuming there is a new DPS class in the rest of the rank)?

@random19201

no, because every class has it’s own best spells at specific circles. Even if rank 9 and 10 comes they probably won’t have 2nd or 3rd cirlces. So you can either finish your class with:

Rank 7 C3 or other ranks & Rank 10

Rank 8 C3 or other ranks or C2 & Rank 10

Rank 9 C2 or Rank 10 or other ranks.

We also do not know what other DPS classes are coming, or even if there are any other DPS classes, Sage is a R8 class so it’s the last class able to finish C3 IF there is 10 ranks in the future.

2 Likes

If Sage somehow makes pyro3 stronger then I’m pretty sure Pyro3/Chrono3/Sage will be a new meta. Chrono3 can make Pyro3 a lot better already with the time reduction and self buff but currently this build isn’t good because it’s so so dps and so so support but IF Sage makes Pyro 3 really good then this build will be one of the best Sage builds.

1 Like