Tree of Savior Forum

The Founder Pack is a Done Deal

Warcraft was huge, thats why they created world of wacraft, KEK.

And lots of people were into Ragnarok Online, but ToS is failing hard in Korea.

But my question still has not been answered. What does a free player bring that a paying player doesn’t? Because as far as I am aware, a paying player brings everything a free player does to the game and money. And without paying players, even in a F2P game, the game would die then no one gets to play.

Paying players are the blood that keeps any game alive. Free players are just leeches who get to play because of paying players.

1 Like

Warcraft was Blizzards smallest franchise at the time. They could have made World of Diablo, or World of Starcraft as both were bigger.

Lets not divide free players and paying players. Together they make the community and that is life.

Free players can easily turn into paying players when they start paying anytime they want. Paying players in other games may be a free player here, it depends on how well they like the game, to each their own.

Therefore this isnt a issue of paying player/ free player but rather:

1. People who are easier going
  2. People who cannot let go of every single little thing

Number 2 type of people talk in circles, beat around the bush, unhappy about every thing that doesnt go their way. It may or may not deal with affordability, but one thing for sure, they exaggerate the problem.

It can also be summarized like this

1. Adults
  2. Children

If you think these two in terms of time you can actually justify their actions:

1. Adult - have money, no time to waste, hope to pay just to play and get on with life
  2. Children - No money, have time to waste, can rage until things go their way or at least they hope, can make silly sarcastic pictures, can ruin the community, can spread doom, can flag steam, list goes on

peace.

Well if you boil it down to its core, nothing. Technically a paying player brings everything and more that a non-paying player does. What a non-paying player has is numbers. There are a lot of them and keep them and well any player happy means they will recruit people, they will champion your game and hell, they might even spend some money if they’re happy.

People spend money when they’re happy with the product. When I was in highschool, I really liked Gaia Online. So I spent my money on their monthly items. I told my friends about it and some of them spent money too.

What free players have are just numbers. There will always be more, however a free player, from a business’ point of view, is an untapped player. They want the player to spend money. The question is how?

Again I agree. Free players bring nothing that a paid player doesn’t. All they have is more numbers but that in itself is quite powerful.

You have people who pay, and people who don’t. That is all.

If there was no paying players in ToS, then the game would be shut down.
If there were no free players in ToS, then there would be less players, but the game would be kept alive.

That is all there is to it. If no one pays, the game dies. If free players all leave, the game has a smaller community but lives.

i suggest they open new server every week cause 1 month gap is too much already!!! its so unfair for new players - thats such a scam to the newer ones!!! and again IMC great what you have done to your new community!!! no new server every week for new player!!! they gonna suffer against higher player and leave the game again!!! sarcasm off

And yet the most popular MMOs with the highest number of players are ones you have to pay to play.

Free players are the hobos of MMOs. You contribute nothing and just move from game to game. No one really likes you but it’s not like we can get rid of you either.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Then why make Tree of Savior F2P? You’re obviously missing something huge. Why didn’t they make Tree of Savior B2P or subscription based?

Think about it.

This is not a subscription based game. They need f2p players.

I really dont think the numbers are that powerful you know.

1. There are quite a big number of people who can afford to pay and want to pay to play. They are just waiting to throw money at IMC.
  2. The game can still survive, it can be arguably even better. More exclusive, more easy going people, less nonsense, less sensitive people, less people who can go from greelighting to flagging hate as easy as abc. Everyone makes mistakes, companies make mistakes, but if this community has 0 tolerance then they wont be fun people to be around with.

Fun people are easy going.

1 Like

Because the game is not good enough to stand as a B2P game. You see, to people who pay, quality is important and this game currently does not meet that level of quality.

This is why most F2P games exist. They know they cannot attract a core base of paying players, so they attract everyone they can in the hopes that a small few of them buy something before leaving.

hahahahhaaa exactly.

What about people who are actually busy with life and joins after june, are they going to cry about everyone else’s headstart? Lol

If numbers aren’t powerful then why is Tree of Savior F2P to begin with? Why didn’t they make it B2P or subscription based? Ask yourself this. Why is Tree of Savior adopting the F2P model?

It’s F2P in Korea and the number of players it has is constantly dwindling. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nexon shut it down by the end of the year.

If it can’t maintain numbers while being F2P, how could it maintain numbers while being B2P/sub based?

Come on man, we’ve been at this all day long…

That is their corporate choice. It is not up to me.

I would’ve preferred if it was monthly subscription based or B2P.
Since you asked, i really hope the new scheme would be either:

1. Changed to B2P across all players, no early access, no founder, just B2P for every players who want to play - $100 B2P

or

1. Subcription model 30$/month right on release across all players, no cash shop, no nonsense

@Garfy

I’m well aware of how it all works. I am subscribed to FFXIV.

You said it yourself, you don’t think this game is good enough to stand as a B2P game. It can’t maintain the numbers, right? But numbers aren’t powerful… right?

EDIT: Wrong person. Should have been directed at @hiei_iceworld

I’ve rarely seen an MMO that was owned by Nexon, last, that wasn’t part of its top 3 picks. I’m still having major issues with companies, dumb enough to contract up a partnership with these people.