Tree of Savior Forum

‘The First Fan Art Fest’ begins!

Ah, I think there’s a slight misunderstanding, haha. What I meant was: will there only be one winner overall, or can there be multiple winners, but each winner only gets one prize?

The comment about “encouraging fanartists to participate” makes more sense if you interpret it as meaning there can be multiple winners (each with one entry), but you could interpret “one winner one work selected” as meaning there will only be one winner.

Hopefully that’s a bit more clear. :blush:

2 Likes

Yea oh, I understood what you were asking about, sorry!

Asking if there is more than one winner is a valid question!
I somewhat erroneously assume they’d need more than one artwork to have a decent variety of loading screens… (& hopefully everyone’s art that they chose to use would be considered a winner)
But you’re right in that there’s no guarantee for that until we are told so. @_@;;
If only 1 person gets a prize I know i’m not participating, haha.

Anyway my comment was more just to add in another possible view point that differed from that,
that was hopeful. :persevere:

Ps. Seen your work & really look forward to your submission.

1 Like

I’d assume there will be multiple winners. Seems silly to make a loading screen competition if they only plan to have 1 winner. @STAFF_John probably meant that while we can submit multiple entries, we can only win once.

1 Like

So nice to have a fanart contest on ToS! //// I hope to see a lot of participants! ^o^

I have a little worry, though ><

@STAFF_John I am worried about submitting the image at full resolution and no watermarks whatsoever because /art theft/. Wouldn’t it be best to submit a resized image, and have the winner send you the full res picture privately?

Hoping for a reply on this matter ; v ;

1 Like

Awwwww yisss… hahaha XD Thank you soo much @tsigetartseht for that obligatory tag :blue_heart: Woah! I’m so excited for this fest! With all the lovely and awesome artworks flooding the Fan Art Thread Section!! haha

diz gon’ be good!!!

Hey! @Aiiluro @Longtail check this ouuuutt!!! :blush:

1 Like

You’re very much welcome as I would be delighted to see y’all awesome arts to blow more tons of TNT to my eyes :joy:

dear sir just wanna ask if can i use existing tos goddess picture that you made~

Some clarification seems to be in order here.

Well, firstly, if one user submits multiple works, only one of them will win the prize.

Secondly, at the moment, collaborative work(a single work done by many artists.) would not qualify at the moment.

3 Likes

dear sir just wanna ask if can i use existing tos goddess picture that you made~

If this is the same as the other game fan art for in-game bg then the number of winners will be more than two, all will receive the same prize

The reason for no fixed number of winner is because: if they set 10 prizes for example, and all 10 will be in-game, if the contest does not have enough good art for all 10 slots, but they still have to pick 10 winner then it’ll result in some not-up-to-standard in-game bg

You see the duck fanart in the submission folder right ? I don’t want those in-game XD

So the number of winners may range from 1 to 10 or so, based on the number of concept art in-game atm XD

Just a guess, I have no proof though T v T

2 Likes

question, sir

is it allowed to put the “Tree of Savior” logo in our artwork or no need to put one?

You don’t have to put it in.

1 Like

Are you allowed to use an area within the game as an inspiration for your artwork?

@STAFF_John

As long as it is related to Tree of Savior and does not feature elements from other sources (e.g. other games, other works of fictions, real life people etc).
It might be okay.

1 Like

that gives me an idea for derps like me…

I will just need virtual scissors and glue…

are we allowed to use tos official art like rendering it? i see some of ppl do it…

Hi. How many winners might there be.
And would each winner get 300 TP.
Thanks.

Out of curiosity, who are the judges for this contest? The GMs, the art director?

just to clarify, 1 winner per server? or 1 winner out of all entries, all servers? o:

HELP!!! I am new here. I cant create new post on fan art category TT