Tree of Savior Forum

The Early Access EU Server Community Help Topic [Updated 28/3/2016]

I completely can agree on that, but on my case I didn’t buy it yet, waiting for the announcement.

8 Likes

nice thread man !!

now they know the best suggestion

make EU server based on NA and transfer later

if they dont do that they r retarded asfck

2 Likes

Not from SEA region am from India

US-East (Virginia) 258 ms
US-West (California) 251 ms
US-West (Oregon) 304 ms
Europe (Ireland) 166 ms
Europe (Frankfurt) 132 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore) 74 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney) 217 ms
Asia Pacific (Japan) 147 ms
South America (Brazil) 393 ms

1 Like

Yep, i’m doing the same. Until their plans for an EU server aren’t clear, i just won’t bother spending money. Buying the founder’s pack and not being able to use it until some announcement that may even just not come would be meaningless, anyway.

2 Likes

Exactly. Cause there’s 2 scenarios that I would hate and that are holding me from buying it. I think I said so before:

1. We start playing on NA server and hold the prizes from the packages for a possible EU server. EU server never arrives/in a few months we get the NO as a reply. We leveled and hold them for months for nothing

2. We spend the prizes, level a character to max. level, make friends, guild, etc, and suddenly months later EU server starts. You lost all the progress and items.

I really would hate that. That’s why i don’t even want the sever right now, I just want to know what are their plans. Just a Yes, in the future or a No, never DX

1 Like

@Staff_Julie This is a good alternative

1 Like

They already know about this. Ethan (or was it John?) answered me, when I suggested it. He said they will consider it but it’s more complicated than it seems.

1 Like

Well whatever it is making it “more complicated than it seems” is killing the game for a lot of their playerbase.

1 Like

At this point I wonder what is really the complicated part.

Because being upfront about your plans shouldn’t be.

3 Likes

They should let us know what’s going on. I’m not asking for full details, but keeping is in the dark like they are doing now WHEN THEY ONLY HAVE MAXIMUM 4 DAYS LEFT (and that is being damn generous too) before all hell will break loose, is one of the absolute worst decisions I have ever come across in the history of launching an MMORPG.

Simply saying “no” at this point is better. Right now it feels like we’re just waiting, and come tuesday we will still have no answer, and then they just shot themselves in the foot, HARD.

2 Likes

Its already Thursday, that means if they not announce anything today or tomorrow, we will have to wait till Monday 28 ( one day left to the 29) :S and i don’t think they will wait that late to say something because that will mean 2 days of forum burning as hell xDD
Everyday, when i wake up, i pick up my phone and enter Tree Of Savior website hoping to see some news about the EU server but…i don’t have hope now T_T

3 Likes

If they say no now, people from EU will not buy access.
If they say nothing, some people will buy access.
So if they don’t want to open a server in EU its better to say nothing for them.

6 Likes

Maybe They r w8ing to spring a surprise in the last moment that all major regions will get there own servers .

( I really hope so )

2 Likes

If they say nothing and then say Yes or No, there will be such bad press about it that it will be insane. It would be one of the absolute worst decisions a game company has made in recent history, and there has been a TON of bad decisions.

2 Likes

@ocmodak the optimist portraying IMC as a chaotic good
@sabakunomarek the realist portraying IMC as a lawful evil

3 Likes

Patience is a virtue. I’m not an expert running huge ass servers but I can imagine one does not simply call to the first server provider that comes into mind and ask if they could provide steady server for tens of thousands of players for the next day, or for the next week even. As long as they tell the decision before the early access starts, it doesn’t really matter whether they manage to come up with a conclusion today or on the day before the release.

True that IMC seemed to be rather unprepared when they decided to start the open beta phase and start monetizing their product. It seems to me that they are slightly rushing things now that the planned primary market in Korea didn’t seem to take off as planned (Of course, I don’t have any data nor first hand experience how things are faring on kToS). And now they might have troubles having enough resources, planning and budget to properly organize the international publishing without hiccups.

I don’t think there’s need to cry about it yet. All that happens if they don’t manage to decide this problem before the early access starts is that lots of EU players decide to not to buy the packages and play as a free player until they announce the decision on this matter.

At least I don’t plan to throw tantrums and stop playing over this and I’ll probably just keep playing for fun and bear in mind that I might need to start over again soon on possible EU server. One or two months isn’t that much playing time lost if you’re the type that keeps playing the same mmo for years. You’ll easily manage to catch up those who had the early access by then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I WAHT SOME ANNOUNSEMENTS ALREADY! :zap::blowfish::rage::skull::anger_right::punch::fork_and_knife::hot_pepper::crossed_swords::airplane_small::hammer::hotsprings::cloud_lightning::broken_heart:

5 Likes

We need a EU server !!!

3 Likes

Cloud servers are common now.

So actually it takes little more than some scripting to spin up new servers via Amazon etc.

gone are the days of flying out a tram to a server farm to manually set up a new game server.

Also this game is dead on arrival without eu servers.

No order placed until they confirm eu server. Seems like one blunder after another at the moment.

4 Likes

We NEED a EUROTOS Server , wtf with imc ?

3 Likes