Tree of Savior Forum

The Current State of PvP is Disgustingly Bad

This has nothing to do with whether or not there are OP classes in ToS. I don’t understand this argument, that just because I am playing a Kino, which is relatively a strong class for PvP, though being nerfed to the ground will be tier 2 at best, that I have no right to speak on the problems facing PvP… This logic is flawed to the extreme.

1 Like

2v2 and 5v5 should just be removed without a real matchmaking and elo system.

The pvp in this game is balanced around gvg and mass pvp. If anything, they should implement a 15vs15 battleground. Then there’s more of a chance that your team will have at least some healers.

Then again, it’s IMC and they probably put all archers and swordies on 1 team while the other team has all mages and clerics.

P.S. Rock Paper Scissor balance does not work in 2 v 2 or 5 v 5 when there is no balanced matchmaking.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

u are ungratefull
let say u allready maried most beautifull women on the world but still bitching ur friend wife more beautifull
then asked your father to put scar on ur friend wife face <<< something like that

You need to learn english <<<<<< something like that

if ur brain not enough to understand broken english that is ur problem not mine thanks

Get off my thread you bafoon

I still find it amusing that 90% of players initial reaction to getting beaten by anything at all is “That’s OP please nerf” instead of “I should learn what can counter that effectively”.

I don’t see a lot of the CCs as lacking balance.

Teams have their scores normalised so that the average score of each team is equal, that’s exactly what dota and league do. Both games also use an RPS balance. It works fine there.

The problem isn’t really the balance. It’s the game modes. We have 2 extremely simple gamemodes - kill enemy team 2v2/5v5 and kill enemy tower 10v10 by rushing and spawnkilling enemy team.

The reason the RPS balance works in the major mobas with such a large cast of charcters is because there’s massively more depth to the maps and strategy that teams carry out when playing a round. The maps are larger allowing for proper withdrawal from combat, and the maps have features that various characters can use to their advantage.

I really do not see this arena gameplay and the current gvg tower gameplay as very good gamemodes for the range of skills and abilities that characters have. Swordsman needs the space to withdraw from combat that they can’t win, mages and clerics need the bottlenecks to hold, teams on the defensive need the safe spawnzones so they can spawn together instead of individually, sneaky flanking routes need to be available, being able to go unnoticed by passers by is useful, map bonuses, terrain features like long grass that might hide a character. Etc etc etc.

Larger maps where people can use a more interesting range of strategies, perhaps with features like high ground that you can’t climb/jump so that routes on the map can only work one-way, etc, all these things would vastly change the landscape of pvp without necessarily changing any of the classes at all. When all of your CC skills are suddenly easy to stay out of range of using a more interesting map then all those skills don’t look as powerful anymore. When Swordies can use their sprint to traverse terrain at higher speeds and do more interesting things with a map, or withdraw from combat that they cannot win, then things get more interesting for them. The list can go on. If mages are no longer confined to such small spaces they gain a large amount of vulnerability as their range suffers and they have to stay still to cast. If they’re standing still you know they’re trying to cast so you can move in and out of range to bait it. And so on.

There’s much more to be explored, but we really need maps and gamemodes that aren’t the horribly simple modes we have now. These modes look like alpha gamemodes. Who thinks putting a 30 second spawn on every death is a good idea in gvg then putting the spawn on the tower (the target for the other team), then making it so all dead players spawn solo vs the 10 people spawncamping them? Nobody should think that’s a good idea, it’s a horrible idea and looks like a relice from 90s game design today, we’ve improved on this kind of problem drastically and IMC need to take a deep look at the improvements to sucky gamemode design that have happened over the years.

A better gamemode would change everything.

9 Likes

Not sure how my original post got there …

Cant wait for all ze QQ tomorrow with all this cards stuff :3

But raise is perfectly fine, right?

I pretty much disagree with everything in your OP besides JP + MM, which is getting nerfed right now.

So raise a 10 second stun (Raise) is worse than a 19 second stun (Iron Hook). One skill requires the character to get close and comfortable(Raise) and the other skill can be used from long distance (Iron Hook).

Are you that retarded?

Are you forgetting that you have mag force? Also nice attitude.

Raise deletes 90% of Swordsman classes from being viable at all in PvP. Especially in 2v2.

OP is also conveniently forgetting that iron hook requires you to stand there and use it, leaving you open to attack.

Meanwhile Mag Force + Raise has a higher range, and lets you move around while murdering your opponent.

I love to see PVP whine threats where the OP fails to mention the strength of their abilities, but demands fixes to everything else.

1 Like

You’re the one that came in hot insinuating all this bullsht

. Raise/Magentic Force are strong skills, but they aren’t over powered. There are multiple counters to Raise and MF. I dont see how these skills can be considered grossly over-powered. Kino’s damage is getting nerfed up the ass, lets get rid of the CC too? Is that balance?

In regards to Iron Hook, if the Corsair locks up 3 enemy’s while disabling also himself, who has the advantage?

There are significant counters to iron hook as well, like killing the user while he stands there using it.

It has huge downfalls, but that doesnt support your argument.

Those 3 players were out of position, they deserve to eat it. Hope that your remaining 2 can make something happen.

You don’t PvP much do you? Out of position? You need to understand how Iron Hook works before you come at me with this garbage

Nice non-argument “Hurr I bet you don’t pvp”

Currently rank #1 in 2v2, and I consistently get top 10.

Try again.

Continuing on from my gamemodes post… I’d really like an openworld gvg fix too.

Instead of the old openworld gvg system with multiple channel hopping occurring I have an alternate idea.

Each week a material should be called for by whatever you want to call the government of the game at this point in time.

Guilds can acquire this material by farming it on the zones.

The material can only be acquired in channel 1.

In order to accept this quest to seek the materials, guilds must come out of neutrality.

In order to “farm” the materials, you must collect the materials AND return them to your guild tower.

Other guilds can declare war on one another and intercept or fight with others over farming the materials.

Warping with the mats destabilises them and renders them useless to the government/whatever, so you’re actually forced to walk from the mat zone to your tower location to acquire the mats for your guild.

This keeps combat on channel 1 in only a few specific zones. It will make it extremely important for guilds to place their guildtowers near the zones with the mats so their members can farm them quicker. Territorial fighting will occur over the mats. The fact that players must return to their towers opens up ROLEPLAY opportunities for classes like scouts who will then be able to stealthily follow the enemy players back to their towers to discover their locations. ALL the maps in the game become a possible battleground for this but it can be controlled week to week by IMC. Players that do NOT want to participate can simply switch off of channel 1, but if they attempt to switch back to channel 1 then they are first warped to their guildhangout where pvp is switched back on. This stops anyone using alternate channels and non-pvp to travel, scout, or avoid combat for advantages.

Beneficially this concept uses mostly already existing content. All that’s required to implement something like this is for the channel switching properties to be developed and mat collecting at towers.

It also gives everyone a purpose for fighting, not just mindless violence, but real reasons for the guilds to be at war with one another.

Honestly I might make a new thread for this one. It’s been rattling around in my head for a few weeks now.

3 Likes