Tree of Savior Forum

Templar Feedback

After the recent update I felt inclined to make comments on Templar.

• The Increase in guild members is amazing.

• The logout time isnt very useful because it just switches back to “Logout” after a certain amount of time. Because of this its hard to manage activity.

• Skills like Reduce Craft Time and Battle Order are under used. Reduce Craft time is a useless skill and probably could be replaced by something more combat oriented. Battle Order’s STR buff is fairly low. Classes like Krivis offer more + INT increase. Krivis’s Skill Divine Stigma offers 40 INT and STR; its only a rank2 class. While Templar is Rank 7, that buff is underwelming.

Recommendation: These skills could be replaced by something that could help people feel more inclined to join a guild. Such like having buffs that last 30 minutes, that buffs people regardless of location, and only to guild members who are online at the time of skill activation. Example would be like STR/INT buff +30 for Online guild members thats duration is 30 minutes. Or even say EXP Buff +10% for 30 minutes to online guild members.

• Guild Tower could be provided with easier access. Meaning, being able to teleport to it through Statue of Goddess Vakarine.

• Guild Events dont exactly come across as rewarding still.

• Forge and Shield Charger dont seem clearly influential enough that would motivate people to join a guild to utilize it. As well, it can only be used by one person at a time per item gained from Guild Events.

Recommendation: Similar to the previous recommendation. If these were structures built in the hangout that grants a buff to all online members that may help them progress in levels or convience something it maybe more wanted. Like 5 DEX while Forge is active to all members of the guild. Or 5 spirit while shield charger is actively charging. I dunno. There is plenty of games where there is guild wide buffs. FFXIV in fact does it. “Increase EXP benefits while in combat” and it lasts for a day. Or even maybe “Increase the effectiveness of potions” type buff

(In process of adding more)

7 Likes

Dont forget to mention mortal slash … this is a nice skill but to encorage diferent builds they need to remove the weapon restriction.
And summon guild member need a shorter cooldown on gvg arena, 1800 sec is too much … 5 min cd at max.

• We need a shorter cooldown to summon guild member skill in GvG … (like 2-5 min)
  • More buffs like “Battle Order” (but make it better, please).
  • No Specific weapon to use Mortal Slash.

With that templar will be on a nice spot for GvG

@STAFF_Max @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Letitia

Also, for this class/skill/stat revamp thing coming up. Templars have to wait I think a week to transfer leadership. This also stifles players who are guild leaders and their capacity to revamp their own characters.

I’ll just patch up some statments.

Don’t forget to add that its a tier 1 buff (even thou is an aura type) and also that Buff Share is a different version of Spiritual Chain (Linker C2, R4) with the addition of buff cast range and guild buff share…

The major problem here is that these skills are passives (and only available for guild master), those effects should be unlocked as guild level increase instead of forcing Templars to spend points on it, it’s way more interesting and exciting to see your guild get new features with levels (along with new events) than wasting a couple of points with skills that won’t do anything and that also will force you to get items to use it.

Extra Notes

• Remove some restrictions for Guild Master skills only, half of templar skills have no effects if the templar isn’t the Guild Master.
  • Templar needs to have more indentity (which is a general problem along classes), it’s quite nice to have classes with different themes but the identity (gameplay wise) is as important as the fantasy. If Templar is meant to be a Guild Master it should be more interesting to make it suitable for tactical play (building structures for defense and siege perhaps).

I have another templar individual in the guild and the only skills i know work is Guild Warp and Summon work, and the STR buff doesnt apply to allies outside of the guild.

I guess i wasn’t the only foreseeing reset event issue.

I’ve transfered leadership to my second Templar and did some tests along, so far Reduce Crafting Time, Forge and Shield Charger all require you to be the Guild Master (not sure about Build Guild Tower thou). If we do a roundup of points available for no master templars we get the following.

Build Guild Tower 5 (for transference)
Battler Orders 5
Summon Guild Member 5
Warp to Guild Member 1

At C1 there’s 16 eligible points taking a skill that isn’t really useful unless leadership is transference is required and also that also forces to get it at max level due hangout being the last feature unlocked.

Battler Orders 10
Summon Guild Member 10
Warp to Guild Member 1
Buff Share 5
Mortal Slash 5

At C2 31 has points which means that you can pass throught it with no problems but again there’s nothing that impressive to the class as a whole.

I got to say that Battle Order has no reason to be guild restricted since Templars can be subject to other party compositions aside ones with Guildies, specially for a skill that isn’t that strong for the rank.

Just discovered…

“_____ Left the Guild.” is no longer visible.

1 Like

Ok… here are some random ideas (just for fun) to make Templar a lil more interesting as an active GvG oriented class without sacrificing PvE utility, these suggestions shift Templar indentity as a manager class to a siege class cause right now it’s not effective nor exciting specially for a R7 class.

Structures/Devices In General **Suggestions** • Build Guild Tower, Craft Flag, Forge and Shield Charger skills removed. • Structures/Devices can be unlocked and enhanced through guild leveling and will still require raids to be obtained except for Guild Tower. • Non Guild Master Templars won't be able to use items to build any kind of structure/device. **Observations** With those skills removed Templar will lose all passive skills (which is the only class that has it at all) granting it more points to spend on active skills, it also removes trap-skill from Templar skill set and doesn't force players to max a skill as a need.

Battle Orders -> Morale Boost **Suggestions** • Add %HP Recovery and %Heal effects. • Change it to 2nd Row (since it's an aura). • Allow Party Members to receive buff as well. **Observations** These changes aim to get more utility to all kind of classes along wiht the possibility to make GvG defense a lil stronger when near Templars. It also adds synergy with Paladin (which is a defensive class) and along with clerics in general.
Summong Guild Member -> Guild Banner/Standard **Type**: Deploy **Hit Count**: 5+, extra X+ per lvl **Cooldown**: 2~10 Minutes **Duration**: 2~5 Minutes • Change the active component of the skill into an unit deploy, allowing guild member interaction similar to Squire's Base Camp. • Allows unlimited number of guild members to warp as long as the banner is active or let a minimun of 5~10 with more warps as skill level increases. • Warping to a banner will apply a debuff that prevents the warp use, debuff duration may change depending on map type (field, dungeon, instance, gvg) and will be decreased with more points invested. • Can be destroyed by enemies. **Observations** It's quite annoying to select members to warp along with the prompt window that can make the skill wasted by a bad timming, instead it's more interesting to let the skill be used by members and have the restriction applied to the ones that used it. This new setup allows Templars to set up locations on the battleground for allies to move and also add a new combat element to be protected and destroyed. Another interesting point is that due DEX change it can be easier to destroy hit count units since they aren't affected by attack.
Siege Cannon **Type**: Deploy/Structure **Hit Count**: 5+, extra X+ per lvl **Cooldown**: 5~10 Minutes **Duration**: 5~10 Minutes • Deploys a cannon that will fire in straight line dealing extra damage to structures (like Cannooner's Siege Burst). • Fires a projectile every 3~5 seconds that hits the first enemy and deals damage in AoE. • Can be destroyed by enemies. **Observations** This is meant to be a C1 skill in order to work as defensive against enemy assaults and also a way to deal with another skill coming later on this list, due its simplicity it shouldn't be hard skill to play around.
Battle Order **Type**: Debuff **Targets**: 1 **Overheat**: 2 **Cooldown**: 30~50 Seconds **Duration**: 10 Seconds **Increased Attack Towards Unit**: 5~10%, extra X+% per skill level • Siege Cannon will slowly rotate to aim the debuffed unit on skill cast. **Observations** Main purpose is to reaim Siege Cannon if no enemies are in range.
Fortress Tower **Type**: Deploy/Structure **HP**: 10.000+, extra X+ per lvl **Cooldown**: 5~10 Minutes **Duration**: 2~7 Minutes **Overheat**: 2 **AoE Defense Ratio**: 10+, extra X+ per lvl **Plater Armor Unit** • Casting the skill will deploy a tower at the target location that will track any ally towers nearby. The closest tower in range will build a wall bounding the objects (thus they'll share damage) along with a platform at towards the interior side. • Once a wall is created all the linked walls and towers will have their HP restored. • Towers and walls will block both ally and enemy movement and can only be crossed by flying units, jumping through it and using special mobility skills (Teleport, Swap, etc). • Towers and walls cannot be moved by any mean. • Outside GvG mode walls and towers will generate platforms at both sides and will have its duration drastically reduced, cannot be used in towns or near NPCs. **Observations** It may sound absurd but it might be a really interesting tactical addition to GvG, it allows a guild to set up a defense against siege preventing direct attack but also makes offense more dificult since it requires the wall to be crossed as an one way road. Due balance this skill should be C2 or even C3 to prevent skill abuse/spam making any progress impossible, worst case scenario it may require a catalyst. Both at GvG and PvP scenario walls can be used to force enemies to attack the structures or/and to move around it through narrow path.
Cease Fire **Type**: Channel **Cooldown**: 15~20 Minutes **Duration**: 3~10 Seconds • Prevents all units (allies, enemies, structures, mobs, bosses) in range to receive and dealt any damage and debuff within the skill duration. **Observations** The concept behind this skill is to have a last resource in battle and give enough time for your allies to spawn or avoid heavy control on allies. That's suitable for a C2 or C3 skill.

Those are just some examples of viable skills that can have GvG focus and also PvE utility, all 'em focus on more active gameplay and allow for multiples Templars coexist without limiting the skill pool.

This would require the latter to be a feature of the game. Unfortunately it currently is not.

I actually think the class needs to go one of two ways: It either needs to do all manner of “guild-style support,” which I’ll explain in a sec, or it needs to be viable for end-game content. Because if it’s neither of those, no one will ever have a reason to play it outside making a guild then bailing for another class.

Right now the warps/summons are the only feature of a templar I’ve ever used. Forges and shield charges are a tremendous amount of effort for virtually no payoff, and the other buffs are meaningless as there is no format with which to use them. Why would I bring a templar to a world boss, or raid, or GVG (let’s pretend it hasn’t been disabled for the last 2 months), when I could bring any other character that offers real utility or damage? Right now the best application for my templar is warping to a guildmate, porting 10 people over to me, and setting up a basecamp/squire shop for repairs while I basecamp myself over on a real class.

So what do I mean by guild-related support? Think about all the things guilds currently do together. Farm items, level alts, raids, dungeons/ET, do dailies, GVG (pretend).

A templar should make all of these things more lucrative or easier to do. If a templar is present, why not make the drop rate on items higher, or add a (low) chance to drop things like talt or useful materials from all mobs? Perhaps as a templar, let me build little structures anywhere on the fly, sentries or things which hold aggro.

Rather than craft speed, maybe make things require a small % less of materials to craft an item. There are so many ways to improve the experience, I feel like if a dev actually played one or made a guild they’d probably come up with plenty of ideas.

1 Like

I like this.

I think its something to consider definitely. It seems hard to be present for all your members. Specially with warp to member skill being such high CD. But to have skills that would make them desirable. make them guild wide. And make guilds more desirable to join.

I mean in general guild bosses, raids, missions are not rewarding at all. Its either potions or a chance at guinea pigs. Or seeds which seldom i find people farming. These are all things to consider. And give the templar class the capacity to easy a bit of level or whatever. For such a damage sacrifice would be good.

Wow good ideas … i think this changes os coming too soon, some classes like templars still pointless