Tree of Savior Forum

Team Dex Vs Team Str ( Trash talking, discussion, roasting each other, math magician war ) Aka Debate STR Vs DEX

Huh?

Did you just say dex is bad?

Keep up, dex is going to be the new meta, dex builds are everything on ktos now.

1 Like

Or maybe, you know, get a life? lol.

and uh, you basically mock other builds right after saying ā€œas long you enjoy the game, who cares~ā€ thatā€™s probably some schizophrenia right thereā€¦

sighā€¦ hail THE ONE!!~ Praise be unto Him, everyone be loving Him!!
THE ONE!!
THE ONE!!
Bravo out.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

i have to agree with @akisera here, i played dex dopp before and now going high str, and the diference is big (most of the time full str will do the same dmg as full dex crits). i agree that dex can be better cus skilll base dmg is high, but not for doppel.

redel and zucken lvl 6 have around 900 base dmg and hit like 10-12 times.
all doppel skills are multihit with low base dmg, each STR point u go for will be x10-12 when u use those skills.

if u are going for dragoon, with a 1 hit skill that deals 16k base dmg u can go high dex cus ur str wonā€™t make a big diference (cus it hits once)

fencer too, new skill increase ur crit damage so its a way to scale ur high dex build

but for doppel, STR is the way to go, cus ur skills are multihit
also DOV, crown and crosguard scale from STR and donā€™t forget the cross guard 8s bind debuff

actually with level cap of 330 i believe that any doppel without high STR will do a LOT less dmg

as they release more skills, the only way to keep doppel skills relevant is to have high STR (or u will just use rank 9-10 skills and ignore doppel ones)

EDIT: if u want pvp so bad u can get more DEX but u need STR too (so donā€™t go full dex!!)
in the end u will sck at pvp unles u are sword3>cata3>X>Lancer

I am going full dex dopp ā€¦
top ranking said str is way to go ā€¦ for dopp ā€¦ it is the right direction ā€¦ but i decided to go the wrong way ( in matter of perspective ) ā€¦
Why go wrong direction ā€¦

For adventure ā€¦ and memory collection of all deleted characters

1 Like

do i have to remind your dumb head what the OP asks for?

His Goal is PVP, all your arguments are invalid.

Also, your saying ā€œGEARSā€ can cover up with your crit? please enlighten us almighty ā€œTOP SWORSMENā€,

provide us a Vid against a Full-DEX Archer in PVP.

All hail aki-sama.

Well, itā€™s not like iā€™m promoting Dex doppel, iā€™m arguing about its viability here. But it seems to me people are just looking at one side of the question.

First, people always seem to forget that DEX brings Dodge Rate to your character. A high dodge rate means a better survivability, and a better survivability meas a better DPS, since Dead DPS = no DPS.

Also, a DEX build does not mean only pure DEX and CON. In fact, most of the builds I bring in my tables are somewhat balanced between stats, the only big diference is between extreme builds (280 STR and 280 DEX)

Second, even tough Redel and Zucken skills do scale better with strength, the gap is not THAT big. Also, weā€™re not counting possible buffs here that enlarge the skill damage.

Same thing to be said by the new cyclone, at lvl 15, it breaks the 1500 damage mark, where most high dex builds start to get really close to a full STR build.

Yes, DoV gets better with strength, still, with 10 strength stacks, most DEX-heavy builds start doing the same damage than STR builds at the 1500 damage line, with better survivability to boot.

About highlander skills, we still dunno tthe full working of crow. It could scale with your overall damage rather than your strength, it could always reset stats back to 1. Cross guard is not a skill a DEX char is going to rely on, you know? And even then, putting points on the skill will supply your needed BLOCK, since it scales with level as well.

All in all, DEX builds are viable, but itā€™s up to proper testing (@Lenny What you did to maximize your DEX doppel damage? You used what equip combinations?) to say what will work or not, so you canā€™t really shoehorn the class on STR.
So go on little OP, make your DEX-doppel,.You may be behind some builds, but not by much, and you will be able do do your job just as well as another class.

1 Like

agree with what u said, both builds can work. At high level dodge is not very reliable but i understand what u said. i used to think the same way (high dex = same dmg + dodge + accuracy + if skill dmg keep going up we will have even more dmg)

but some skills scale badly with dex (doppel ones mostly), ur dodge fail a lot and u will see a high STR doppel doing the same dmg as ur crits and criting for huge amounts while both fail to dodge.

About cross guard, even if u level it to 15, u will not block everything unles u have high STR. once mobs start to hit a TON and ur dodge canā€™t keep up, any STR guy will just time the blocks right and survive.

See, boss will do an atack u can run or block, if u are high STR with max cross guard u block and continue atacking. if u are not u have to run and lose DPS

Looks like doppel was made to play with high STR, a lot of skills scale with STR, ur survivability (cross guard) against physical dmg scales with STR and all ur skills are multihit with low base dmg. Now STR is 30% better for swordsman and gives us A LOT of block pen. for me its a no brainer, just go high STR

I played dex doppel back in beta xD, so i didnt have all the gear options we have now. I know that u can boost ur crit dmg a lot and iā€™ve seen DEX doppels, some STR ones and done a lot of research too.

But i donā€™t get it, the guy is doing the same build as me (high3>barb1>doppel3) and i consider myself full PVE, not cus of STR/DEX but bcs this build is pve, if u want some pvp u can get barb3 for pouncing and seism.

Well, both builds can work, DEX builds are viable, but i still prefer STR.

Last thing:
id sugest the guy to roll swordsman3>high1>barb1 or corsair1>doppel if he is all in PvP as doppel. i have this build with corsair and restrain + cyclone = insta death cus once u use it (if theres no PD) the other guy just stand there and die.

and remember, pvp has a lot of high CON builds (almost imune to crit) and even some pve mobs have high crit resist. another reason to go high STR, ur damage is always good

EDIT: HOLY SHT SORRY FOR THE WALL OF TEXT OMG o.O i hate these walls of text :disappointed_relieved:

EDIT 2:i saw a video of a lvl 300 doppel with like 350 dex and 200 str doing awesome dmg (40k crits with cyclone and 14-16k with redel)
Sooo i guess we will have to wait R8 hits to really know whats the deal now.
but i still think STR will be better in the end

Link pls senpai
20 characters of link

http://blog.naver.com/king_sop/220792576572

i think all vids are from the same guy lol, but yeah here u go
when he combo skul swing + new debuff + cyclone he hits 40k crits and 15k redel crits (and redel sems to hit 12-15 times)

id like to see someone using all this with cleave too

Umā€¦ TBH I donā€™t know why some ppl are saying DEX is useless and its only for Archers. Regardless of the fact that STR scales better for Doppels, you just have to invest some DEX if you wanna hit anything in PvP. Iā€™m not sure if some of them even tried Team Battle Leagues with a Doppel build.

With that said, I think the main point here is that your final goal is PvP. The real problem isnā€™t your stats. I went C1 H1 B3 and D2 same build with similar stats, but, trust me, with all due respect, you should have chosen other, better PvP oriented builds if you wanted to have a more meaningful time with Team Battle contents.

Highlander, Barb, Doppels in my opinion are all PvE oriented classes.

this one is STR Doppel

I would love to know the weapons and rest of equipment and atribute levels of those doppels in the videos.

Like seriously, damage does not come 100% from invested str or dex, cmonā€¦

hmmā€¦ PvP without restrainā€¦ or iron hookā€¦ so how do you catch anyone?

Knockdown work against people with bloodletting. Tested

1 Like

Good to know that. Thanks.

well I guess Iā€™m a retard because I didnā€™t take DoV at all.
kinda negates what you have stated here:

I donā€™t like DoV 'cause imo it sucks, both its stupid conditions and tradeoff.

still negates what you are trying to say. ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

because you totally know me right? lol. whatever floats your sinking boat. :wink:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.