Tree of Savior Forum

Taoist papers cost waaaaay too much

Each paper cost 500g.

And all your skills require MULTIPLE papers.

You can easily spend 15,000 gold in 1 minute while fighting, and the damage is not high enough to justify this.

And their weight doesn’t let you carry many.

The paper cost really needs to be lowered. It is not possible for Taoist to keep up with other R8 classes without spend massive amounts of gold.

And even with that Taoist may not even keep up with other classes.

Taoist, by itself (no Kirvis) is far too expensive for the damage it does.

6 Likes

ye…you are right

all the skills you need to pay for are kind of too expensive in relation to their damage.

those basically being treated like normal skills (same damage etc.) but cost loads of silver. it just doesnt make sense. they should reduce the cost to 50 silver or remove it entirly.

and no…i dont have a taoist but a druid (2% sp drain cough)

ah…yes…another option would be to buff the skill…but just reducing the price should do it for now. since imc has enough stuff to do, dont need to more skill balance issues atm, seriously

A price reduction along with a weight decrease would be greatly appreciated. I stopped playing my krivis taoist because I spend so much silver just for single target damage(that falls off fast).

Paper weighs so much(7 per) and it makes it difficult to bring a healthy amount.

Another huge help that I would like over a silver reduction is to at least make zaibas double hit count or have a duration of 10-15seconds. Right now taoist storm calling is only for burst single target and it falls off pretty quick.

1 Like

It makes me wonder if IMC actually plays certain classes after making them. Seriously it’s pretty silly. Creeping death is strong, but it shouldn’t have a hit count if it’s going to cost silver lol.

Honestly the other abilities costing 1000 silver per cast isn’t a big deal since they’re mostly niche or a strong cool down (storm calling).

I spend around 50k every GvG and now we have open gvg and i spend more of 300 papers x day ;w; hurt

Seconded. Tao’s skill cost is just unnaturally high, basically there is no way for tao to grind silver at all (by using tao skills, ofc - cleric and krivis skills works, but they are too weak for these high mdef r8 mobs). Spending 1500s for 1 creeping death cast is just stupid, аnd you have to spam it to deal any substantial damage. And yes, charms’s weight prevent almost any tao from bringing more than 300 - 400 tops at one go (which is, yes, 100 creeping death casts). I mean, seriously? Did anyone do any balance check on this class?
So, as of now, Tao is only good for killing mission’s and saalus bosses, period. All of skills having hitcount doesn’t help at all. Class doesn’t need to be buffed, the premice is more or less fine - but should be seriously reworked.

Yah it will be seriously expensive if its on gold, but I got your point. :slight_smile: re work for R8 will be like waiting for long since they have not reworked ranks lower than R8 and its massive.

Agree… right now I’m making a KrivisC3 and my only concern about the class is that I NEED to get Taoist at R8 one way or the other, because otherwise Zaibas will just fall off hard, but those silver costs tho… makes me wonder if there is any sustitution for Taoist at that rank (I’m going a supp path with miko and oracle R6-R7) because it’s seriously a huge turn off, I don’t even make that much silver to begin with :x

Up for this taoist paper cost and weight adjustment pls.

yeah too expensive, reduce taostist paper cost or make skill use 1

Yes I agree, I’ve recently take up a build that goes Taoist WITHOUT krivis and it seems the class as a whole is very underwhelming, and then you factor in the cost, weight and number of yellow papers involved and it gets ridiculous.

IMC needs to stick to other means as a way to sink silver ( as if there weren’t enough already) Making skills cost money is a huge feel bad as it is and yes it adds a dimension to the character but in comparison to what’s out there right now I just don’t see it.

Now the one thing I think a lot of people are forgetting is at the very least, energy wave does scale very well with skill level. So at lvl 15 you get 60 hits per charm x3 witch is insane. with sweeping and divine might that’s 240 hits. That being said none of the other skills scale at all and the detonation damage is a foregone conclusion. Especially enough to warrant the cost of the paper.

Inquisitor wheels costs 1k each and weighs 15, you don’t know pain.

That is bullshit because taoist need to use 3 paper with CDC on a 3 overheat skill. That means 4,5k each cooldown(31 sec) just for this skill!!! Its way more expensive than inquisitor wheels.

Not to mention Inquisitor wheel is actually overpowered as heck. That skill actually feels okay with its cost.