Tree of Savior Forum

Talked to my Bank. They are more then happy to do a Charge back

whatever, you don’t even need VPN. neither of them are IP-locked.

how spoiled can you get? you can use the LUG server or not use it… that’s your choice. but they’re not going to make another one just because you cry about who they partnered with.

Yes, I understand banks in Germany work differently and charge backs are not an option for you. :slight_smile: Neither I nor the original poster ever said this was an option for German users, but it is a valid option for U.S. users, which is all I was clearing up for you and other readers.

I was merely confirming the fact that it can be done and is not just speculation, as I have done it personally myself for other games. There is very little paperwork involved, you sign one piece of paper confirming you want to file a charge back and if the bank approves it, it is done.

You may doubt the process all you like, but I’m just letting other users know that I have personally done it myself before and it is surprisingly quick and easy. It is not a made up thing, I was simply informing you of that since you are not familiar with it due to it not existing in your country. :slight_smile: It’s like koalas - they don’t exist in the wild in my country, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t countries in the world where they do exist in the wild. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now, I never said that the bank would side with the original poster based on the reasons he provides, it is entirely the bank’s decision. It isn’t a matter of who’s “fault” it is, the only thing that matters to the bank is trying to please their account holders and uphold the transaction and trade law agreements that exist in this country, as other users in this thread have even given quotes from.

However, never in this thread have I said I support filing charge backs against IMC. Please don’t mistake this to mean that I am supporting the original poster’s decision or actions, which is why I really don’t care one way or another if they do or don’t do it, or what their reasons for doing it are. I just wanted to let you know it is possible and this is far from the first thread that brings up the subject.

If the original poster wants to file a charge back, that is entirely their own choice if they feel they are dissatisfied with the product they purchased. They have every right to try and argue their case to get their money back, as does every other U.S. user on this forum and I think it’s good some unknowing users are being made aware of their rights.

1 Like

and will you be coughing up the money for it, then?

1 Like

There will be another transfer given out to founders after launch, 3 weeks after any new servers are launched.

This first wave of transfers are separate from those.

THE WHITE KNIGHT IS HERE BRACE YOURSELF

I’m laughing so hard…

Guess nowaday it’s so easy to become a white knight, all you have to do is to oppose the opinions of one other and Bang, class change. EZPZ.

I want to be a dark knight as well.

1 Like

I would love to hear that phone call. “Hello, I purchased an Early Access pass to an unfinished game, knowing full well it would have problems because that’s the purpose of Early Access and also knowing before purchasing it that there would be no refunds given. My butt hurts because the game wasn’t immediately perfect from the second it launched, and it takes the programmers longer than 3 seconds to fix problems, please steal their hard earned money to give me an illicit refund.”

That’s like donating to cancer research, waiting 1 day, then punching the scientist in the ■■■■ and stealing your money back because cancer isn’t cured yet.

1 Like

Enjoy the banned steam account after you complete the charge back.

If you’re curious the conversation went here’s the cliff notes when I went to talk to my bank.

Me: Good afternoon, I have a bit of a problem. (Explained how the situation is being handled, by devs. Out of country exploiting. How steam handles retail, and how this company decided to handle it’s retail via that service provider.)

Me: So what are my options?

Banker: Service provider won’t give you a refund?

Me: Nope.

Banker: And you feel services rendered have not been handled professionally?

Me: Yep.

Banker: Have you used any major services that may have monetary value?

Me: Nope. Everything is still on the servers and in full amount.

Banker: “Well thats kinda shitty.” <-Direct ■■■■■■■ QUOTE!
I have no problem doing a charge back for you towards that service provider for services you have yet to receive. Does the service provider have any consulting issues or contract obligations in their Terms of service.

Me: Yes, but they are aware of the situation and it’s a non-issue.

Banker: And just to cover my end your card nor your identity have been stolen and/or compromised by the service provider during this situation.

Me: ugh… not that I’m aware of anyways. There was a security leak few years ago but nothing was taken as far as I was informed.

Banker: Excellent. It’ll take 2-5 days for the money to be put back in the account. In case there are any hold put towards the money please contact us so we can email you the form.

I was in and out in under twenty minutes. Gotta love Chase.

1 Like

Have fun in the next game you find! (and yah im serious)

1 Like

Steam doesn’t ban for charge backs. It only flags the account as if it’s been stolen and limited activity. (sales, transfering steam cards, ect)

That is until steam support gets told whats going on and why. I’ve already talked to steam support about this situation.

So to burst you’re negative little bubble. I’m not losing anything on steam.

Know what?
I think the point has been made. With over 1000 views, people know that they have options they weren’t originally aware of.
That the situation was bad enough that I felt this extreme measure was justified for my case.

I’m going to ask a mod to lock this and let it die. The information will still be there case anyone still needs it.

Nighty Night folks.

1 Like

Wow sounds like a good legit exploit. Let’s all charge back our DLC money guys! We will still retain everything anyway.

Source : OP.

@OP
good luck with the charge back from your bank. Steam will prolly ban your whole account.

You should place this information in the first post.

Good bye cause you might be banned from your current ToS account :frowning: And if steam is the one losing in here, why wouldnt they ban your account too? Every game ive played has banned those accounts that charge the money back! Why not steam too as they would be losing money unless IMC gives them the money! (Most likely).

@Masamune I would love this too but as we can see he did lie to the banker instead. xD Or well, he didnt read what imc said and then went “OMG I DIDNT GET WHAT I PAID FOR, EVEN THO I WASNT EVEN SUPPOSED TO GET IT”.

“Yes mr banker I didnt read what I was buying and when I noticed I didnt get the service I wasnt supposed to get I got mad. Now I just want my 20 dollars back cuz boohoo and I want my steam account banned.”

OP please explain how would this be an issue? The transfers are working as they told us in the beginning.

Also the a BR server is coming up and thats about it. Was never promised anyways I think.

You chose your server and then what? Well too bad if you dont like your server. And unlucky for the DLC you popped there. :confused: (They will probably be selling transfers later on if you can wait but you already charged your money back.)

It isn’t working any different in germany. You can get your money back via charge-back just the same there is just not unlimited time for it.

IIRC it was 90 days.

How is it unfair to them? They are getting their own server when level up is ready to put it up. If they choose to play on international instead of their regional server then they have no right to complain about the ping. They actively made that choice.

I almost feel dumb answering back when you are already off the game by now, but hey i like to voice my opinion in relation to your experience.

First i been playing Orsha since day, at the start i did not even know the SA unofficial thing until i had a used my founders pack.

Secondly i had zero problems with BR players, actually talked to one of them through 1 word google translates cuz we were doing a quest together. That they chased me around for 1 hour sounds improbable.

Third this i quit because of no transfer is extreme, you could of just re-rolled on Klap and shed 60 dollars down the road to get the 600 TP if you wanted them so bad.

Sorry you had a bad experience but Orsha is fine with all the foreign players on it. As far as i heard most SA player are getting 150-300 ping so considering how they dont seem to like the partner in charge of the ToS local server, they are here to stay.