Tree of Savior Forum

Synergies withh murmillo

What are the synergies murmillo have with squire and shinobi?

Seems like Sword1-Pelt3-Squire3-Murm and Sword1-Pelt2-Rodel3-Shinobi-Murm are very popular builds.

I do not have any experiences with Murm yet, but personally i rather just do Pelt3 and Rodel3 because of how the helmet increases damages for those C3 skills.

Experts please advise, thanks.

Shinobi’s clones from Bunshin No Jutsu can copy:

Swordsman: Normal Attack (Z), Thrust, Bash, Pommel Beat, Double Slash
Peltasta: Umbo Blow, Rim Blow, Umbo Thrust
Highlander: Crown, Moulinet
Hoplite: Synchro Thrusting
Rodelero: Shield Bash, Shooting Star
Shinobi: Kunai

And then murmillo’s attribute(my god they are expensive)
Enhance pelt
Enhance rodelero
Enhance hoplite

So combine both synergies = you can melt normal boss instantly.

Squire brings nothing but hey you repair gears yourself as you bite those mobs
Cause basically you’re just a deadweight and mobs kiter from pelt c3 and squire(unless geared well) until you can DPS on par when murmillo

Pelt2-Hoplite2 (3) is all you need to be a super tanky Murm with 1k+ block.

Pelt 3 Rode 3 Murm gives the highest sustained dps in a prolonged fight due to stacking strike debuffs and attributes and this will be needed with the new world bosses. Shinobi builds dps falls off after the clones go on cooldown and this causes enough dps loss for pelt 3 rode 3 to overtake.

Hop 3 dps is crap. Spear throw is pretty much the highest dps skill for this class but it is a joke with its animation and it is pierce damage which doesn’t get boosted by strike debuffs

However as mentioned above, pelt 3 rode 3 is the most expensive build to make. Hopefully money isn’t an issue for you

What are you even talking about. Finestra + High Guard = 1k+ block -> Poop on all p. attacks.
Spear Lunge -> Synchro Thrusting = oneshot anyone

Plus Finestra gives you a crazy Crit Rate that allows you to do insane damage with Murm skills.

When u have 600 crit rate u crit around 40%. Adding Finestra (150 crit rate) brings this up to about 50%

Rode 3 Murm has 2 strike debuffs vs spear lunge only, and most hard hitting Murm skills are strike dmg

I tested both, synchro thrust is powerful on pvp now because its a pierce attack and the damage is not lowered by 49% in people that uses solmiki pants or by 24% lolo pants (they both reduce strike type damage by %). But if you dont have corsair or rodelero for cc its a pain in the ass to hit. PvP case hop3 is better because of that and the 20% medium damage, but high guard is a waste, better to grab a cc class. In pve case tough, its not good without shinobi… You ran out of good damage skills very fast.

@GoldenCross With a chrono in your party this isn’t really a issue for shinobi, but for dps checks in solmiki pelt3 rodl3 was way better for me (and farming too). Shinobi murm overtakes the damage in bossing hands down against pelt3 rodel3.

Also DONT build pelt2 rodel3 murm, pelt1 hop1 rodel3 or sword3 rodel3 is wayyyy better.

Of course you have a corsair/rodelero in Pelt-Hopl build.

GoldenCross, you still don’t get the point Finestra. CritRate is just a nice bonus for op block boost.

@nfprivaron I guess I should clarify - I was talking from a PVE perspective where you have clerics in your party casting Safety Zone, heals, ausrine, Stone skin etc. so Block isn’t much of an issue. I was talking in terms of damage alone and not taking defense/block into account.

@Di3rn fair point about chrono’s pass for Shinobi. Yes for bossing I agree Shinobi wins hands down, but for dps checks where swarms of monsters appear and AOE is required, then yeah pelt 3 rode 3 all the way DPS check floors are way harder than bosses though imo.

Oh, ok. I thought we were talking about PvP. 'Cause, you know, who want PvE Murm D:

Murm is not good with PvE?

There are classes that are way better in PvE

And? Its the best swordman overall for doing both pve and pvp content and with shinobi the best boss killer.

Hybrids sucks. Character must specialize in one thing, otherwise he will suck at all things.

Murm is the best sw for TBL, yes.
But PvE murm is meh damage compared with, for example, Doppel.

The damage of Murmillo is on par with Doppel, Strike debuff are the best in the game.

And the Hoplite build is decent too, Spear Lunge have a really good synergy with Kunai.

Buddy i do solmiki 35f with just me and a falconer as dps, and today i grabbed first dps on both new WB. Oh and ranking tbl is not difficult when you oneshot everybody. So yeah, Don’t talk about the class if don’t play it right :slight_smile:
Btw

Do you have any argument to prove that about Hop?

I’m currently playing a Pelt 3 Hop 3 Murmi and the burst damage is decent (you can’t compete with a shinobi tho) but the sustained damage is really high too.

Synchro thrusting is not to overlook when you have the Murmi attribute. Even without any offensive cards (ie Glass mole) and only 30% attribute, I can already reach hits over 400K (trans 5 +7Wingshard)… The attributes stacking (50% free pierce value when removing the mediocre strike damage from it) and the bonus when using it during a boss animation (counter) are helping. Its cd is really short.
Evade thrust is also ditching heavy damages under spear lunge debuff complementing nicely Synchro.

Stabbing is still one of the strongest skill in the game even if it has a lot of problems (can’t be used while moving, easily cancelable but will be helped with the 3 Grazing golem cards).
With the pardonner OP blessing (the one over 7K), it was melting bosses in 3 sec. Hopefully it wont be the case anymore :smiley:

You also overlook something really important: Finestra gives you +3 AoE ratio . With my actual gear (Wingshard + 2*Phada) I have no problem to hit 6+ targets with my skills letting you to be also decent in Aoe.
The other point has been also been exposed, with an outdated gear (nyx) I’m able to face tank everything with my high block value from Finestra (I don’t even have High guard because of the dps loss) for the physical bosses (8 nuaele cards for the magical part)

Your reasoning is a bit biased because you don’t have the time to use all your attacks under your debuffs.
The only right part about the power of the strike Damage is that it is easier to synergize well with your group members (Monk / Lethargy strike debuffs). The pierce damage doesn’t have that many debuffs in comparison (even if attaque coquille is insane with your really high base damages)

@Di3rn without your stats, this is just irrelevant but whatever thanks for sharing experience.

That just says a lot about server you are playing on, lol.

Thanks all. Lot of good info, a little hard for me to absorb them all…

I guess long story short, i wanna know what is a build for a tanking murm in PvE?
From what you guys talked about, hoplite3 with finestra maybe?
I am more interested in pelt-rodel build tho.

Thanks

Yeah, silute one of the most populated :slight_smile: shin murm is the meta dps on ktos too, guess the server there is “newb” also

@Parmenion 250 CON rest str trans 9

@gexmnlin13 both are fun, hop3 is cheaper.