Tree of Savior Forum

Support Paladin build with the new 7th Rank?

Been trying to get some ideas and been scouring the forums and what not. Wanted some input, basically playing around with the idea of Cleric > Krivis > Priest > Priest > C3 Paladin. Or Cleric > C3 Priest > C3 Paladin. One on the other hand would have the ability to grant additional buffs, as well as additional crit damage if I was to go Dex/Con/Spr instead of Str/Con/Spr, while also taking advantage of the Priests Monstrance since player/ally dex scales with it. While the other I would have use of Exorcise, as well as 10 into sacrament and more points into either buffs, self revive or mass heal. Both has its merits, just wondering what the community believes would be ideal, ill likely be either soloing alot or playing with a partner, but I want to be able to support and heal groups while doing decent damage myself as well.

Being a Paladin is a tough job when it come to support.

Cleric > Krivis > C2 Priest > C3 Paladin You’re limiting yourself to high-tier scaling for buffs and Daino. Another best option for this skill build would be INT + SPR (Using Zaibas + Conviction Combos for DPS)

Cleric > C3 Priest > C3 Paladin You’re limiting yourself to damages, but this is a great melee paladin set up (Based on your stats build). DEX + CON + SPR will not provide a good or decent amount of damage at any tiers. (Maybe considered using STR + DEX/CON build instead? Since most of Priest skill aren’t scale with SPR.)

The main issues here is that you are implementing too much Paladin role in your build. I understand that most people are more favor in Paladin when it come to Cleric, because they are good looking, bad ass, and awesome. (I don’t know what other way to put… but yeah…)

Now… don’t take my words in a wrong way, I’m not saying Paladin is bad or anything, but when it come to support. Cleric, Priest and Krivis C2/C3 are way much better and provide more positive results in my opinions.

Additionally, you can be both Priest and Krivis as the same time within the Cleric tree (At Rank 10 in the future). The current build right now that you have in mind will take away a lot of things; mainly damage for solo part.

I recommended using higher rank classes like Plague Doctor, Kabbalist, and other future classes~

Lastly, I’m huge fan of Paladin so… I don’t meant to bad mouthing about Paladin… xD

Its not the Paladins looks I care for, its the Skill 15 Smite, 15 Resist elements, and the 5 Barrier and 5 Conviction that I want. Smite is a highly damaging skill, Resist elements is very useful, and Barrier is apparently highly wanted for situations, conviction is a good debuff as well. Pretty much, players tend to rather have a Paladin capable of Supporting, doing good damage, and healing, than they would a full support buff/heal bot.

Its why im debating Krivis or priest, Krivis can allow more buffs to be placed, as well as greatly increase critical damage, while C3ing priest would have better buffs/heals. Spirit increases the effectiveness of Barrier, as well as as Zalacai from Krivis, Mass heal, Deprotect Zone, Aspersion initial dmg upon use, as well as boost your M.Def, SP max and SP Regen. And as the developers said, just because the hidden and future classes are there doesnt mean they would be more powerful.

Anyone else experienced with Paladin builds care to make any suggestions? Again I prefer a Hybrid Tanky Support build and seen quite a few builds where Smite Paladins utilized Dex to do ridiculous aoe dmg while being able to throw out large heals and buffs. But if anyone can recommend something else that still utilizes Paladin efficiently id love to hear it.

1 Like

I want to be able to support and heal groups while doing decent damage myself as well.

You already do decent damage as a Priest/Krivis even without Paladin if you gear right (Zaibas / Cafrisun). There’s no need to go Paladin for that if that’s what you want. In fact, many Cleric classes can do alright damage.

But if you insist on going Paladin, then I’d probably focus on Conviction. The other skills aren’t as useful. I’d pair it up with Plague Doctor to spread Conviction (though I haven’t checked if that is actually possible). Also, giving up on the rank 7 Cleric classes would be too much of a waste, given how good PD and Kabbalist are.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/paladin-c3-feedback-guide-and-suggestions/123367
I talk abit about it in this post. I feel like ppl are just too hyped right now because of the Rank 7 classes. And ppl overvalue too much Conviction(Those that didnt actually play with Paladin c3). Stat build-wise, the guide is abit outdated because it completly changed since Barrier now scales with SPR so, a build STR/CON/SPR is way better right now.
You should be looking forward for Army Chaplain instead, since it looks to be the improved version of Paladin for later ranks.
Im writing this on my phone so im sorry if its too messy xD i dont even know if the link to my post is working

Except most “full support buff/heal bots” can also dish out respectable DPS, especially if they go Krivis/Druid. So idk what kind of players you’re speaking on behalf of who “tend to” prefer Paladins.

+1

Japanese/Korean ones, aka, the main audience.

So your saying probably Army Chaplain for Rank 7, spite their seems to be no information as to what skills it may have? And as for Str vs Dex, you stated Paladins need Dex, but now your going back on that and going with STR instead?

I never said army chaplain for r7 XD its more likely to be a rank8, since its costume is already known an whatnot.
I never said Paladins dont need STR, they needed DEX for increased dmg b/c of low hit count and high base dmg on Smite. I’m not going back at all xD like I said in the post, 4/1/1/4 for str/con/spr/dex. But right now, its better to go for SPR instead of DEX eversince Barrier changes to scaling with SPR

So your saying probably 4/1/3/2 Str/con/spr/dex now? Or some other formula? Since yea, theirs yet another ability in the arsenal that scales now. I been looking over your guide but I only saw one class line I think you were theorycrafting on for the 7 rank setup. Actually two, One was Cleric>Priest>Priest>Pally3>Diev and Cleric>Priest2>Pally3>Cleric. What is your reasoning behind these? And what would the stat makeup be on those?

Hm, about stat building, I’m not so sure, since I don’t really like to defend stuff that I have no experience with. Regarding Dievs, the reasoning was that its statues have sinergy with Barrier, especially for grinding. You wouldnt have alot of difficulty to keeping people inside the Diev Statue range since thats where your archer/wizards would stay at anyways.
For the Cleric route, I feel like its a good choice if you think the Heal is too weak at lv5(probably is ;_;). I know that str based Paladins dont really heal for too much, but we sure help Healers alot with Restoration. Especially since Heal nerf, its going to be alot harder for us to keep up the HP bar like it was before XD, it basically cut it in half. I’ll be able to have a stronger opinion on this build once I get to play around the new Heal + Restoration

Sighs these wouldn’t be such an issue if they would put the Class Reset scrolls in at release instead of later on once enough players yell for em. Pretty much if your build ends up no good vs other builds, and the game ends up difficult and very slow to lv, players wont reroll, they will just quit for another game. Thats why I am trying to figure everything out possible, that or just go swordsman instead and be a tank, everyone wants tanks afterall.

So are you playing on the Japanese/Korean server? Or are you going to bandwagon them on an entirely different server? Because in all my experience playing iCBT1 and 2 I have never seen any party express a preference for Paladins over other Cleric branches.

And just in case you question my experience yes I have played to level 200 (and capped before the double xp boost).

Been keeping up with posts, roughly translating and looking at translated posts on Reddit and other forums as I can. Alot of groups really like Paladins due to Smite/Barrier as well as other things they bring. I may go Cleric > C2 Priest> C3 Paladin > Div then Chaplain whenever thats out. Probably go a ratio of str/con/spr/dex 4/1/3/2.

Also your experience has no point, due to the fact that they keep changing things within the game, unless your talking about having experience in the actual JTOS/KTOS betas which are ahead of us. As well as the fact that Asian players typically have more reliable information than westerners.

Looking at Div now I can see the power of it. The SP Reduction statue is a bit meh, but that cooldown statue, now that is pretty awesome.

I can read both Japanese and Korean and am one of the many translators here on this forum. So even though I do not play J/KToS I have quick secondary access to any recent changes. Please point me to a couple of sources that indicate a preference for Paladins. As a fellow Cleric player I am highly interested.

Sure, ill give you some tools to use.

www.google.com

https://translate.google.com/

etc.

Lad I been researching and doing theorycrafting on mmos longer than 99 percent of this board, first asian mmo being FFXI before Zilart, yes I actually played the Japanese vanilla, but even long before then, I played Ultima Online. Thankfully now with all these tools at our disposal compared to a decade ago, its gotten alot easier to figure out stuff. Do your own searches, I found many arguments on both sides. Paladin is not trash in the slightest. People who say otherwise just are not building them right and that’s what the problem is. Yet its because of that major problem that the game will quickly die off if no Class Respec options are available, via ingame purchase or cash shop, or some quest, in the event the player after his months of hard grinding, realizes he screwed up entirely and needs to fix things. Generally I make posts, I look up game boards of other countries, for asian mmos Japan/Korea being the most reliable, followed by Chinese, and then Germans since they are always serious players. Generally I value information given by a German player far more than any NA/Canadian/U.K player.

I do not want to be some heal/buff bot that sits in the backlines throwing a nuke now and then. I want to be a true, Plate wearing Hybrid like the Paladins of Old, not the fakes you seen in mmos like FFXI and FFXIV, but the kind that can throw buffs, throw good heals, debuff and do strong physical/magical based attacks, basically requiring the user to key bind and use many different skills, instead of just only 2-3 that is constantly spammed like the more caster oriented clerics are going for. As well as being in the thick of it with the other melee classes.

Bottom-line, if someone says Paladin is trash or isnt worth it, then he either does not know better, is one but didnt build it correctly, or is simply doing it wrong. If caster clerics wanna hang back and cower as they throw heals and ranged nukes they can go for it, ill be up front with the other brave souls at the frontlines. Simple as that.

Seen some other builds that uses Cleric > Kriv > Krive >C3 Pally> PD. Loses a heal and alot of support, but kriv seems necessary for full use of PD, otherhand Cleric > C2 Priest > C3 Pally > PD looks good too. Hm, something to think about.

Want to be a tough one? IMHO priest 3, paladin 3

5 5 1 3 4

or

4 5 1 5 3

since CON and SPR are strong stats. I may try something like this on release. I wish I would need less DEX.

Nobody here has said that Paladin is trash or isn’t worth it. Good job imagining things and making enemies though.[quote=“alexandrious2001, post:17, topic:126087”]
www.google.com

https://translate.google.com/

https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/
[/quote]
I was hoping for a civil discussion but this is just insulting.

Bye mister. Hope you get the help you need with this serious ego of yours.

3 Likes

You could go high INT and do Cleric-Cleric-Bokor-Sadhu-Paladin-Paladin-Paladin

You’d have: Incredibly strong Heal squares. I’m led to believe that Restoration has some hidden synergy with Heal, perhaps as much as doubling the value. I’d love to hear some hard numbers, paladins of kobt.

Unstoppable Out of Body attacks via Fade, Safety Wall and Barrier. Plus you can toss Hexing and use Effigy at the same time.

I’m not really sure how well OoB and Barrier work together though, I never was nor saw a C3 Paladin in icbt.