Tree of Savior Forum

Support Paladin build with the new 7th Rank?

Str/Dex Cleric>Priest>Priest>Paladin>Paladin>Paladin
or
Int Cleric>Krivis>Krivis>Paladin>Paladin>Paladin
for rank 7 i think that higher rank class (Druid, Oracle, PD, Kab) have stronger skills than the early rank class.

You brought the ego first lad. And you also insinuated that Paladins are trash. Brought it on yourself.

Yea and thats what I am thinking on. Cleric> C3 Priest > C3 Paladin would keep things simple and provide stronger heals and support. But unless those flat values for Sacrament and Blessing change to percentage value like Aspersion has then they just wont be worth it later on in the 300s or hell even 200ish lvs. Monstrance at least scales with the Dex of the ones buffed. Exorcise looks strong and has 100 levels of attribute, but it doesnt seem to scale with any stat, it probably just does with just raw Magic Attack, but of course that would mean youd need INT in your build. Other hand like you suggested, STR/DEX cleric > C2 Priest > C3 Paladin with one of the higher rank classes would have a stronger benefit. Plague Doctor for example would allow a way to remove Lv 3 Debuffs, a really fast high regen heal, an ability that would spread debuffs as well as an ability that causes damage based on how many debuffs is on the target. PD would essentially give me another way to heal, another way to support and another way to cause damage.

Im thinking maybe a build like this one? http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/?reference=hb9bova45s give your thoughts? Calling it Alex V1.0 build.

And yes I looked at Oracle, its pretty appealing as well, a long lasting buff that increases max sp and stamina as well as give additional damage. LV1 stat prevention, abilities to predict enemy attack patterns or even what they may drop. Class seems more special utility than true support but it has high conveniences. But its honestly not necessary. Hence the “convenience”.

Hm…what do you all think? Oh and of course once I have access to Army Chaplain I will be using it. Course in the end, if a Dark Knight class is ever announced for obviously the Swordsman branch, ill be making that my main.

You don’t have to argue with him, and you are not the only person who has issue with his response.

Regarding Paladin, I don’t have much experience. But if you are not interested in Buff Bot, you may consider not to take Priest. Meanwhile, it depends on what you need from Krivis, as Daino can be crafted by Pardoner, it is up to you if you want easier access with Daino or just buy from Pardoner.

The classes before Paladin is tricky, as I am not feeling those classes have similar playstyle with Paladin. However, I think Priest is the closest, and taking C3 Priest with Stone Skin is not a bad thing (against Archer within Barrier?). Perhaps you may find a Rank 8 offensive class to makeup for the missing offense?

Note: Exorcise does no damage if you have no INT invested. Stone Skin can block even without a shield.

Hm, perhaps yes. Gotta see what rank 8 has to offer, Paladin majorly is a type of class that does everything, traditionally, buffs/debuffs/support/healing/attack/tank. Basically can do everything well to some degree, but because of that can be very hard to balance. Thats why I feel they seem so out of place being in the Cleric line, and not the Swordsman line, honestly it should be a higher ranked class with 7 skills one of which could be a heal. Makes me wonder what the swordsman Templar hidden class may have.

And yea as I said, Exorcise will work off magic attack, but you need int for said magic attack, thus it becomes useless, Stone Skin however is pretty damn nice and scales with SPR. So if going a Str/Dex/Spr route, Stoneskin is something to take over Exorcise. That and Plague Doctors incinerate likely also scales off int and magic damage. But yea, for the non int route, the Paladins main form of attack will be Auto, Smite, Aspersion and Conviction, while using the debuffs and buffs at his disposal to amplify the damage. Thing is seeing as how hard enemies seem to be hitting in the KTOS version now, makes me wonder, should I sacrifice Plague doctor for that 3rd Priest? Since pretty much ill be left with no way to counteract debuffs save for lv 1 debuffs if I took Cure in the Cleric line. Hmm…

Also keep in mind, unless PVP evolves I have no interest in it, for now.

Indeed, and by then, I wish they make some improvement on the synergy between these classes.

Just really feels like Paladin is totally out of place here yea. Thats why its kinda frustrating.

To sum it up I guess. I take Priest, get better direct heal, Stone Skin to prevent damage, and slightly better buffs, as well as possibly maxing out Aspersion to get the full dmg potential out of it and a 48 percent physical defense increase, go with Plague doctor though, get an attack thats likely based off Int so wouldnt work for me, but can instead get immunity to Lv2 debuffs, can heal Lv 3 debuffs, can spread debuffs on enemies and a powerful regenerative HoT. One choice seems more direct, the other, more technical.

Beh…well we got another what 2-6 months before open beta? Lets hope more info on the rank 8 / hidden classes come out then. I honestly really feel Paladin should be looked at by the devs, it just really feels out of place.

I think they need to rework on some classes, and more importantly, rework on the Stats.
The problem I have with classes before Paladin is lack of synergy with STR. I posted it on the other thread, but many disagreed with me, so I am not sure if that will help resolve the issue for people to consider Paladin as a melee instead of a support.

Makes me hope Army Chaplain will have STR based abilities then. But isnt this why their are Paladin builds that utilize Dex instead to go with Monstrance to get somewhere over a 80 percent crit rate, amplified more with the Krivis Crit buff?

Can you link me to that thread? Trying to find it under your posts in your forum sheet.

Cannot remember, most likely out dated.

I feel like you two have a disconnect between what paladins are in your head, and what paladins are in Tree of Savior.
When you build your paladin, are you looking at what skills the class gives you, or are you looking at the name and then being unhappy that the skills do not match?

This focus on strength confuses me.
If you want to play a melee character in this game your stat choice is simple. You take enough dex to crit ~90% of the time, enough con to survive until your next heal, and then everything else into strength. Dex/crit buffs are STR synergy because they let you take more str.
Paladin’s strength synergy is a big melee hit, a healing aura that lets you dump more con and an elemental defense buff that lets you dump even more con.
C2 is less interesting to a strength build. Like many attacks, Smite doesn’t scale well with skill points. Neither do Restoration or Resist Elements. Conversion helps in that it reduces damage you take, and scales with your str, but ‘dead’ is a much better CC.
C3’s skills are not str skills. Barrier deals magic attack and moves enemies away from you. Conviction’s debuff is much more effective with multihit skills such as Cure or Zaibas.

And really, why would you take Paladin c2 on a str build? You could be taking Monk!

When I consider paladin for a support build, I see three major things:
Restoration has hidden synergy with Heal. Taking a few extra circles of cleric might be a good idea.
Conversion and Conviction are good debuffs with a tiny aoe. Plague Doctor would fix that right up.
Barrier has a pretty hefty magic defense buff, what else scales with SPR? Oh, Zalciai, Deprotected zone, Stone skin, increased Magic Defense. How may I take as many of these as possible?

So then we cross reference a little. I decide to take Plague doctor to go with c3 pally, So c3 of priest for stone skin isn’t possible.
Krivis adds divine stigma and two other defbuffs, that’d be nice with PD.
Cleric gives more heal squares, and unlocks fade.
Priest gives all the really nice priest stuff in c2.
Bokor adds hexing/effigy, which supposedly is amazing with PD.

So maybe cleric2-bokor-paladin3-plaguedoctor?

1 Like

This is exactly what I think when Im making a build and exactly how i think when i distribute my stats as im leveling and seeing my current set of skill strengths. Its honestly so simple but a lot of people over think it.

Sounds like STR built is not a viable option here?
By the way, you can only have Deprotected Zone, Zalciai and Effigy. There are only 3 possible out of 3 Ranks before Paladin at most. Even you take Increased Magic Defense, you are at most 4 through 4 Ranks, which is not very useful. In your example of cleric2-bokor-paladin3-plaguedoctor, only Cleric, Bokor and Paladin C3 requires SPR, so how is it better than a STR built?

I believe the debuffs should alow you to hit harder since they scale well with SPR

So how would you divvy up the stats every 10 lvs?

I divided the stats every 10 lvls on my swords man but with my Cleric I leveled my stats based on which class i picked next in the tree and and character level. When I did it this way my stats were somewhat even in SPR and INT but I dived the rest between CON and DEX( 40% SPR/INT 20% CON/DEX)

So how about for a Paladin thats C3 Priest C3 paladin? or one thats C2 Priest C3 Paladin 1 PD. What do you think is best for stats?

Cleric-Krivis C2-Paladin C3. My build was hybrid damage but I never struggled solo and did average dmg in dungeons. Peoole should know you won’t have the best damage as a support hybrid.

If your taking C2 or C3 Priest and your main source of damage or your playstyle consists of auto attacks then Id go 5STR 2CON 3SPR.