Tree of Savior Forum

Support character for magic dps?

Merkabah’s Divine Protection grants +10% mdef to allies and the +10% holy damage for every hit that is done to a monster while the monster is within the Merkabah wheel aura. It also becomes like a moving safety zone as the wheels soak up hits instead of the player.

But it is still kind of wonky, the buff seems to disappear and reappear when the player is in-between wheels. Hopefully IMC can resolve this.

Gevurah like I mentioned, it doubles the damage for X hits based off the number calculated, with a minimum of 3 when attributed. It also draws aggro towards the Kabbalist if the monsters aren’t aggro’ed in the first place.

@Bizarre Thank you for your compliments.

In terms of dps it shouldn’t fall behind zealots imo due to BDS’s reach. Just like paladin zealots, paladin PDs can still sanctuary while Black Death Stream and Incinerate are active. Having Inquisitor’s Malleus also help in increasing the dps too.

1 Like

@Nekorin Thanks A LOT :satisfaction:

1 Like

Thanks, Rin!
I swear I started typing my reply before any of your post and yet somehow you managed to ninja post me. Speak volume about my typing speed I guess.

Won’t BDS damage as PD2 sort of gimped as full SPR build? I remember a while back people were looking down on full SPR PD2 compared to full INT PD2. Has that changed?

Will Blind Faith works together with Sanctuary? E.g: Fanaticism-Blind Faith- Fanatical Illusion-Immolation followed by channeling Sanctuary while the DoT skills works their magic.
If so, I think Zealot2 will still pull ahead better compared to PD2-Inquis route.

Actually going back on what I said about lacking DPS hunter 3 might be overkill for CC, so just having falconer3 aiming should be enough. But if going for hunter 3 the most practical rank to pick for the last one is mergen imho unless you invest on both the crossbow and subweapon in which case hacka and BM are okay choices too.

1 Like

Well, only Barrier is affected by SPR for paladins. The build can go INT based too since Sanctuary doesn’t take pdef/mdef buffs in account while boosting damage if one doesn’t mind having lower mdef boosts off barrier (based off formula it doesn’t really affect that much since SPR is calculated as flat mdef boost in the formula).

Blind Faith + Sanctuary is something which I didn’t get to test, don’t have enough days of resets to test stuff sigh.

Zealot2 is more of a soloist style of dps compared to Inquisitor imo. PD Inquisitor caters more to party, Malleus boosts dps for the entire party, breaking wheel can be used by other melee attackers while the PaladinInq channels sanctuary.

@Nekorin Is there a magic SPR number i should get, or i can just forget about SPR?

For the build there isn’t any magic SPR number, I would say enough to make you feel comfortable and not starved for SP. Unlike zealot/priest/bokor paladin variants, there isn’t really much need to go high SPR.

One short coming I can forsee for the build is your carry weight. You will be carrying a lot of things, woods for statues, wheels for breaking wheel and boatloads of holy water for Sanctuary. Really hope IMC will reduce that 10 holy water per Sanctuary channel cost. :persevere:

Not to mention the 1k cost for each Breaking Wheel used. :tired:

@Nekorin
Maybe we can test them if you’re free later (it’s Moo here btw).

@Bizarre
Full Spr was good pick before because of your Priest circle 3 option.
If you are not taking Priest circle 3 or Zealot 2 there is less benefit going full SPR as pala3-PD2-Inquis1.
Barrier and Turn Undead scale off SPR but not good enough that I would recommend them in good conscience. Be warned that Inquisitor is quite SP hungry, so going full SPR will save you from having to buy SP potions, at least.

High / full INT would boost your heal and PD2’s BDS and Incineration damage.
While high STR will boost pala and Inquis’s physical attack skills.
Some CON would benefit should you want to tank damage for the whole party while they’re inside Barrier.

I would probably pick some CON (50-100, or any amount that you’re comfortable with) then the rest in INT if I were in your shoes.

Needless to say, the final decision on stats probably depends on your preference and playstyle.

2 Likes

@elaties That’s what i will probably end up doing :slight_smile: I will get all the SPR i can get with items and focus on INT

Hi! I’ve read all the thread. But I want to recommend something different, oriented to a completly submissive support to farm in a static spot on HG, also great for Challenge mode.

Cleric C2 -> Dievdirbys C3 -> Sadhu C3 -> Taoist
(Full Int)

Skills:
Cleric: Heal 10, Safety Zone 10, Divine Might 5, Fade 5
Dievdirbys: Vakarine 2, Zemyna 15, Laima 15, Carve Owl 8, Ausrine 5
Sadhu: OOB 14, Prakrite, Astral Body Explosion 15, Possession 10, Transmit Prana 5
Taoist: Begone Demon, Storm Calling 5, Dark Sight 2, Tri-disaster 2, Creeping Death 5

Cleric 2 for enough heal, divine might (maxed for party usage) and Fade (mobile Dark Sight)
Dievdirbys 3 for ultra SP consumition reduction, cooldown reduction (both statues maxed for comfort), Carve Owl to tank and aggro insanely, Ausrine for some situations where you got caught in middle road and it’s so good being immortal.
Sadhu for utility and damage at same time, buff him with Prana and while inside your Dark Sight control and damage with Possession and a boom capability with the Explosion.
Taoist to create the safe zone for you while supporting, more boom capabilities and Storm Calling to buff your mate Lightnings damage. (dark sight and tri disaster at lvl 2 for comfort)

1 Like

That’s a cool idea :open_mouth:

Best support for “damage” is thaum 3 + linker , clerics won’t help you more than this, unless you want to keep your friend alive, but to really improve his dmg, thaum + linker is the best one.

The best support is Thaumaturge if you’re willing to invest in your character gearwise.
You can even go as far as building a full support Wizard with Thauma3>Chrono3 or Linker2>Thauma3>Enchanter2.

Cleric doesn’t offer much in boosting damage, I guess the best option would be Cleric3>Paladin3>Kabbalist3 simply because you get level 10 Divine Might, Fade/Guardian Saint [depending on your preference], Sanctuary, Barrier, Double Chance & Geburah.

The damage increase of Divine Might, Double Chance& Geburah is a lot more gimmicky, though, because it doesn’t provide such a huge & continuous boost as Thaumaturges +2000 - +4000 matk do,though.
The only similar boost that Cleric can offer is Paladins Sanctuary, and it has a lot of downtime, so I guess Thauma is still the better option, especially if paired with Linker&Enchanter.

What people tend to forget: Merkabahs Divine Protection attribute also provides a chance to evade magic attacks while near a chariot, similar to Murmillios Cassis Crista, hence the name of the attribute: Divine Protection;
it is the main effect of the attribute.

Merkabah also draws a lot of aggro when summoned, with each chariot having its own aggro limit, unless the summoner is using a quest that generates more aggro to mob monsters (like me e.g.);

In this case Merkabah does not draw aggro since your aggro is higher, even if your monster limit is already saturated.
This also applies to e.g. Geburahs aggro effect, it will not aggro monsters towards you if you’ve already reached your aggro limit with this type of quest active;
Or if your friend/party member has such a quest running for easier mob control/influx.

Kabbalist is not a SP-battery/accumulator. And reducing Ein Sof to it is pretty sad.
Ein Sof is a survival skill that’s supposed to increase the max HP & healing capabilities of people, to recover SP people have to start investing in SPR and pots instead of crying for Ein Sof as if the SP recovery was the basic effect of the skill.

I only use the SP recovery when soloing to save ressources, otherwise it’s far better to have 4,2 times your natural HP because people still die in PVE although it’s so pathetic damagewise simply because they don’t use pots at the right time& don’t spend a single status point in CON.

Linker isn’t that great anymore IMO. The damage cap on links basically means that bringing a linker will never give your party as much damage as bringing another DPS.

Actually that’s generally true for supports if you’re just partying with 2 people, I don’t think any support is going to be worth bringing along compared to just another DPS, since the point of supports is to boost a whole party’s damage. If you can’t double your friend’s damage you might as well just bring another DPS instead. The only exception is when you’re just completely ungeared in which case a Priest’s blessing + sacrament will probably give you more than double your DPS.

I already have a 350~ LInker2>Thauma3>Enchanter2 that i use to farm HG :confused:

@Nekorin I really liked @hinasis_ro point… Can you tell me pros and cons of picking Tao instead of Inqui for the build you adviced?

Many thanks for the reminder. I am one of those who forgot about that. :3

Agree, but sadly in most pve cases the skill is used for its instant SP recovery. Hence the comment about it. I too don’t use it much in pve, mostly save it to help increase a dpser’s dps. Not all players plan their build or have the gear with enough SP recovery to be not starved of SP in their rotations.

From what I see the main 2 pros of having Taoist C1 instead of Inquisitor1 in the build are:

• Have Stormcalling which boosts lightning damage for your party’s damage. Since your friend is enchanter C2, it will boost dps for quite a bit during the time Stormcalling and Enchant lightning is active. Stormcalling also has a huge aoe which can act as an opener to draw monsters.

• Darksight. Good spell to have. One really good synergy with your friend’s build is to drop it at a location where your friend can safely do his/her Icewall without drawing any aggro.

• Being an INT based class, Taoist damage is more inline with PD.

Cons wise are as follows as compared with Inquisitor:

• Lose synergy for Paladin <> Inquisitor. Can’t aoe with breaking wheel + conviction + godsmash.

• Malleus Maleficarum has a 22 seconds uptime (level5) as compared against Stormcalling’s 7 second duration (level5). The former grants buffs to all kinds of damage while the latter only increases the lightning portion (not counting the melee side as build is mainly for support of friend’s wizard build).

• No Inquisitor Burn attribute which is a good source of additional damage as your friend’s enchant lightning buffs its damage which is based off auto attacks.

1 Like

So, taking everything into account, Tao would be inferior DPS wise?

If we base it only on interactions with your friend’s build, imho, taoist dps support will be lose out.

Taoist’s Stormcalling does boost Lightning hands to damage beyond what Inquisitor’s Malleus can hope to achieve, but that is for Lightning hands only.

Other spells are boosted by Enchant Lightning and with lv10 enchant lightning’s formula being

2 × ((0.8 × INT + 0.8 × SPR) ^ 0.9) + 700

With a 700 INT and 700 SPR (high tier gear stats?) we are looking at around 1800ish Lightning damage. Stormcalling boost it by 900 damage. This compared against Malleus Maleficarum which on average increases damage by around 2k,

Malleus will be much better when used in the Icewall Pressure combo as compared to Stormcalling. Not to mention with longer duration, it is easier to set up both Malleus + Sanctuary as compared to Stormcalling + Sanctuary.

1 Like

Thanks again for everything!

Edit: @Nekorin Can i bother you for the last time?

I’m really lost with the skill distribution for Pala3, i went with the build you pointed out, but Pala skills are all useful and i need guidance on how to use the skill points :sad: