Tree of Savior Forum

Summoner class fan Sorcerer feedback

Hi everyone

After some time with sorcerer i can write some thing about him.

pros
-unique
-fun
-has a demon on a leash ;]
-we can ride our summons
-has nice buff(for pt only - about that later)

• cant think anything more atm (maybe later ill add some more)

cons
-prepare for tons of money spend on mp pots
-meh dmg(we cant use prev cricle skills if we want to use our summons for a longer time and scaling dmg from INT is not that great)
-due to bad AI its a bit hard to not die trying to keep our summon on enemys and only one card is viable
-card problem(low drop rate/untradable etc)
-buffs(some of them are great BUT only for party - theyre useless to us if we have our summon up)
-and some more but less annoying/can work around them(sorc players will know about them)

now some points from me that could make sorc class (and necro too because i see on forum necro has similar problems with summons)

1 Dont block our mana regen
Before ppl start tossing stone in my direction. Summons eat % of mana so to keep them out longer we dont invest in SPR or SP regen/increse gear AND WE CANT use any spell to maximize summon usage. Whats the point leveling a MAGE class up to 127 level if we cant use our prev circle spells? to have a summon for some time and auto attack? Were mages we should cast spells (support or dmg ones depending on build). In my example my plans to build a support char with summon to add a bit dmg from me while im supporting my team is useless (2 links + hangmans knot while summon is up and i dont have SP and ppl are not exited to sit 1 h or more in dung because i need to sit and regen my SP A LOT). If our SP regen was not blocked while summons are up we could be more useful in party/dungeon. I cant count how many times in random dung pt ppl said to me to me that i SHOULD focus on supporing and not use summon (i have c2 linker)

Or just let use have our SP regen( but lower or delete sp regen attribute) and delete that part about summons eating our SP

2 bugs bugs bugs
I wont write a poem here because someone made a great topic explaining all sorcs bugs (range ai etc) with videos and some ideas how to fix them

3 cat buffs

[Increased SP Recovery Speed] — totaly useless because we cant regen sp while summon is up
[Increased AoE Attack Ratio]- this one can be nice
[Stamina Recovery]- ummmm we dont use stamina? its better for sword classes and classes that use stamina to cast spells
[Increased Magic Defense]-this one is nice
[Increased Dark Property Attack]-well its great buffs for c3 (summon familiar is not that great in my opinion) spells or warlock dmg boost but well if we want to max out time our summon is up we cant use spells

in long run those buffs are great if we made a dmg cricles going up to sorc and we wont use summons (and thats dumb because whats the point of doing sorc if we dont use summons). And cats buff range and his speed is too small

4 Cards

Atm AI is bugged so only Templeshooter (world boss)card is only usefull. Going further we NEED cards to level up our own and we can get them ONLY from bosses. And heres the bad part…they have low drop rate and we CANT fight again bosses to get them so our only option is to hunt for world bosses and hope were in a party that makes the highest dmg to get cube and after that we need to pary to RNG god to give us a card instead of talt.

Why cant we get for example a skill like Alchemists Item Awakening to teleport to another dimension and fight a boss that will drop a card with 100% rate so we can use its ONLY to level up our card?Or let us trade in team storage cards from other chars(we need tons of them to level our cards anyway so why not?) or just make them 100% drop. Only 3 classes use them anyways. And whats the point of wanting this or that card if drop rate is so low and we cant fight quest bosses again ?

And AGAIN before you start throwing stones. Card battle is garbage…too dependant on RNG - IF you can play(tested today if someone would just play one game with me and ive ended siting 6 h in town waiting for anyone to come and play) and why ive said its garbage? well one point is up…too RNG dependant and after talking with some ppl with 200+ what theyre doing with card - they said that they throw/sell/stash them away (pokemon style catch them all) because they dont need them.

Another thing is that sub cards (its not working yet?) were supposed to boost main card stats …and again we need to level sub card too (for ppl that wanted to make full summon class sorc/necro its even worse) but to do that again we need to hunt like mad world bosses and pray.

5 Summon control
Why control skills are in c2? its so frustrating to play when summon is doing what he wants. In every other mmo that had pet/summon class i could control my summon/pet from 1 level or when ive advanced to that class so why here i need to make SECOND cricle to be able to control my pet and on top of that we need to spend skill points to get them? its not a companion its our summon that we use to fight with/for us

6 INT scaling
It should be better summons should be our main source of damage as summoner class. Investing more in INT (no SPR because % mana drain and due to lack of SPR our summon def is low) is not that great. Or just add like in other skill attributes to boost a bit pet dmg.

ill end it here for today (ill wirte probably more later on) im a bit too frustrated about killing 4 world bosses and geting only 2 cubes with talt.

This class has potential and can be fun but needs love from devs… a lot of love atm i can rate sorc only like this :
Grind 2-3/5 (depends on build)
Boss 3/5
DPS 2,5-3/5
Tank 1-3/5(depends on build)
Support 2-4(depends on build)
CC 3-5/5(depends on build)