Tree of Savior Forum

[Suggestion] Stay Away from Linear Progress

Maybe those who had better items and money had afford leveling in best exp areas… not everyone but there was still variety to grind in different places when u were much lower level…There was not one map line that u need follow constantly when u have progressed with your levels like Tos currenlty have…

Yes!!! So glad someone else noticed that there is no assigned town per chosen class. Even if we all begin in the same town, our class changes, attribute NPC’s and class specific merchants should be located in towns that have lore involving that specific class.

Speaking of class changes… I found that the so called class change quests were kind of, for lack of a better word, lame. No excitement involved. It just was go gather this, go to this place, and bam! Class change. It should be more dynamic and interesting. The class change should be part of a deeper story, not just “oh I am gonna be a pyromancer”. I didn’t feel like I earned any of my classes.

2 Likes

That, too.
RO, heck, even Lineage II had class change quests designed in such a way that after completing them you felt awesome just because you managed to accomplish something. “Go and kill 3 ghosts in the house next door for no reason” or “Go to the mines and smack some random goblins” feels completely bland.

5 Likes

You said it right. Maybe i’m being harsh because i’m really disappointed. But i haven’t deeply take my time to “appreciate” the environment . Thanks for the suggestion. But they have to feedback our feedback. I’m still feeling that we are unheard voices.

But man, i will give it another try. As i said before, this community is so cool, that it(you) made me think about how i think to think better about the game(does it even make any sense?!).

You don’t have those options like RO where you had Payon dungeon / Wolves / ant hell / numerous other viable low level maps / dungeons. The choices to grind here are mostly arbitrary, and along the same map progression. For example, Tenet Garden, Chapel B1, Chapel F1, are really considered on the same progression line and not truly “options” for places to grind, although all are viable for ~lvl 40 players.

1 Like

When I went to the Pyromancer lab to get the class, I was expecting to run a trial by fire. Maybe fire mobs in a fire dungeon, or do fire related things… Or maybe do something for the Goddess Gabija! Spread some fiery love from Her around town… Light some hearths or do flame magic to help people or something.

It was disappointing, to say the least =_=

4 Likes

That’s interesting to know that they hid most of the quests here. I think Main quest line is pretty ok, concise and progress you from area to area. Nothing too special.

The problem I have is that the side quests implemented do not expand on the background of the main background setting.

RO had no main storyline, how ever they had numerous quests (essentially all side quests) that told a myriad of stories from friendship, love, to backstabbing hate, and everything in between. I think we could use more focus on these kind of story telling / side quests.

4 Likes

I do agree that class change definitely need more depth in the story telling. It’s very underwhelming right now. Give very little “AWWW YISSSSS” kinda excitement.

Reminds me of my job changes.

Cleric>Krivis is… go to the mining town and save a couple of NPC priests holed up in a building so you can recover a holy artifact.

Archer>Quarrel Shooter is… go to the crystal mines and recover this crystal lens. For unexplained shady reasons. In said process of going to hunt for the crystal lens a hellspawn demon with flaming eyes comes and claws his way up out of the earth intent on eating you. Oh and… he also has the very item you are looking for.

I think a lot of people had their expectations meter set too high. I’ve had to deal with some really linear games before and this game is so far not quite as linear as they are. I can understand the early portion of the story being linear but my general expectation would be that after completing the crystal mines and helping the paladins out that would be the point one would expect it to branch out and we can go various routes.

I mean, its not like the goddess requires the slates to be recovered in a very particular order in order for her form to be restored right?

I have only completed the crystal mines thus far, but the level of my expectations were pleasantly met thus far.

Though they were low to begin with after having been burned many times by other games.

Very well said, changing a class should be something that gives a player the feel of achievement. Having specific “trials” for every class change also gives more replay value later on when you decide to create a new character.

2 Likes

More areas to grind at for each set of levels would surely be nice, no doubt about that, but we are already talking about a ton of areas being developed just for level 1-600 progression. There will probably be patches and expansions that will add on to the game later on, but I’m perfectly satisfied with the sheer scale of the game as is. I would rather not wait an additional year for the game to come out, just so leveling is slightly less linear.

But there are like 80 classes…It would take so much time to fill every job quest with a story + quest… So I understand why they went in that direction…Maybe they can update those in future…

The class NPC was scattered over the world in CBT2 but Korean testers complained that it was too hard to find them… So they moved all of them in one towns…

That’s what this thread is for. To inform them that we need better replayability in future updates.

And about the scattered Class Masters. Wrong move, in my opinion, to place them all in one place. Speaking as an Asian gamer living all of my life in the eastern Asian region, I have to say that Koreans, Chinese, and other gamers around these parts play differently than international gamers. They are a lot more hardcore and are focused on efficiency rather than immersion.

Hard to find Class Masters would actually add a ton of replayability, and now that you’ve informed me that this was the case before Koreans tested it, I would like to urge IMC to please…

4 Likes

Different initial towns depending on the class is a bad idea, even more when someone calls his friends to play together, would force the players who were supposed to play together, to do the quest line alone until they reach a level where they cross path.

That is one of the things I disliked on Eden Eternal.

This is exactly my sentiment as well that class masters should be scattered and placed in theme appropriate locations (like Mage master in a Mage tower).

1 Like

That’s easily solved by the other suggestions in this thread.

• Make it possible to teleport between all the class towns anytime you
    want.
  • Multiple leveling fields so you can level together if that is
    what you choose to do
  • Bringing them along to your quest line and them bringing you to theirs adds longevity and replayability.
4 Likes

Similar to your post, take a look!

I think the story can change dependig of your chosen , not by your class/ race . There must be exist others path to leveling up , quest, grind … and DUNGEON . But the game is only in the begning

2 Likes

More and more people are realizing that giving players options will give the game replayability and diversity.

1 Like

On Atlantica Online, the player used to be able to pick which town he would start at.
Maybe something like this for the different towns?

2 Likes