Tree of Savior Forum

Suggestion on Stats Remake

Ya i realize now that full dex was actually really good in r7 too. I bought into the 4:2:1 shite cuz everyone was recommending it including the stickied topics authored by ppl who played kToS.

Yeah full build was a thing, but I mean builds. I do not even know if you can call distribution stats if almost all builds are full something. You simply do not need stats to hit, you do not need stats to survive. It’s almost as if it makes no difference.

I do not know how to explain, only those who played ragnarok know what I’m talking about, but if you do not need to distribute your stats, they kind of lose the reason they exist …

I think the stats in this game have been poorly worked out but I can barely express what I mean by that.

I think i understand, even tho i dont understand RO stat system tbh. I remember full agi sin/knight was a thing in RO too.

You know when you spend some time calculating everything about a char, how much evasion, accuracy, and damage you will need for a particular purpose that your build is aimed at.
In tree of savior what seems the only calculation that matters is the damage … since it has no attack speed, no autoattack and no need for minimum values ​​in certain stats for pve.

Ya i remeber stat system was complex in RO it is hard to understand completely. I was one of those who went completely hybrid but i didnt really know what i was doing.

I don’t blame you at all, at earlier Ranks STR did out DPS DEX, though I would argue that DEX’s other advantages made up for it.

I disagree with that. DEX does a huge amount of damage, plus the Evasion helps a lot in survival situations, CON can be a life saver in ET. INT and SPR when they scale do a ton of damage as well, it’s just not applied correctly. Stats definitely make a difference as long as you invest in the right one, which is exactly the problem because the “wrong” stats don’t help enough.

It really is difficult. :confused: Part of the reason for the trouble is how complex it all becomes, everything is so intertwined changing one aspect upsets the rest.

What I miss the most: healers that had to dedicate themselves to healing.

Here any heal is good, you only need more tiles to nom on.

The huge disconect between stats and skills is sad. there are few skills that need stats but their scaling is terribad.

Only build diversity we have is class system, there’s not much diversity within those classes either. Sure you can one skill or the other, but since your stats matter little there’s clearly no character built commited with damage in mind (unless full int stuff counts).

Even then, commiting to full int or full str, equipment saves your life, what risk you run when everything hits you 1? Sure you had to invest time into getting said gear, but, playing a god can be fun for so long.

1 Like

What I mean by no difference is you’re full strength and have 0 dex, and you’ll be doing all the quests with virtually no misses,If you get a little dodge of equips you also start to dodge quite a bit. Or you’re full of dex and its you all this precision that in the pve is useless, a lot of evasion that is good and the damage practically the same.

What I’m saying is that it should be necessary to have str to damage dex to dodge and hit mobs, con to tank etc.The problem is that in they put a lot of good things in dex evasion, critical and acurracy (if it was necessary to pve)

I’m talking about pve, because I do not think the pvp of this game is attractive for now

It was Good in R6…

The games scaling hasn’t changed at all.

Rods damage is Ilevel + 4.
I can already tell you a white ilevel 600 Rod will have 604 magical attack
So will the purple of the same ilevel it will just have bonus stats.

Swords and maces average out to Ilevel + 3.5.

Transcendence basically took that and made it boost another 6.5 (at stage 10) per ilevel.

So it’s fairly simple to think about. At 100% Crit you’re getting 3.25 more damage per ilvl. That doesn’t count skill damage.
Except Dex investment alone doesn’t = 100% Crit.
Full Dex (excluding bonus stat points from quests) gives something like 55-64% crit chance depending on if you’re an archer or not.

Not all that fair given Dex also gives Evasion.
Could probably just up Crit Damage to 4 or 5 if we were being lazy.

I agree that generally Accuracy isn’t an issue other than a few exceptions in the R8 maps.

If you go Leather you may not notice a difference, but if you’re Plate or Cloth high DEX will certainly make a difference.

The damage is not practically the same though. For most classes DEX will vastly out DPS STR, and will survive significantly better too.

I like the idea of needing to be somewhat hybrid to Block Pen, and not miss, and have some survivability, but different kinds of Damage and Survivability is even better as it allows different play styles. There’s no reason to limit it to STR = DPS CON = Survivability DEX = Accuracy and Evasion. TOS has a good idea in making each Stat have different ways of working in multiple areas. The problem is balancing them all out.

Me either, it’s really a mess and balancing PVE will help lead to PVP balancing., and PVE should be priority.

I like stats that create archetypes.

I guess the current stat system was made to not do so, as to allow the classes create said archetype.

But since the classes also do not get a boost on their characteristics by increasing stats, it also sucks.

Survivability is the domain of gear.
Damage is the domain of gear.
Utility is the domain of specfic classes.

Where do stats fit?! Only dex creates an impressive gap. full int with high transcendance… what happens then? I guess full int is kind of a poorman’s choice, it also sucks.

1 Like

Second what @Sayurichan said.

My additional inputs. I do feel that skill damage should be directly pegged to the base stat too. With the current setting, the value of STR and INT gets lesser and lesser worth as the skill damage advances.

Changing skill damage to be a % based off strength/int will be good in the long run. Dex is so good in the damage department cuz with it gives a higher change of achieving that 50% more damage, which is already high considering how much transcendance and high skill damage brings to the table. Furthermore it grants evasion which is a really sought after ability for melee players (R8 maps will be much less frustrating with dex as a hacka lol).

4 Likes

Although I’m not totally ruling out % base scaling, I think we should still look at flat scaling as a potential way to address the balance problems. My reason for concern is if everything is % scaling, then the stats become very dull. With a hybrid of flat and % based scaling, we can have really varied stats and builds.

There are so many ways to balance, scale, and vary skills. Flat damage, full %, high multi hits, damage based on Stats, and using hybrids of these. We don’t need to rule out flat scaling because it can work if implemented properly, and we don’t need to have all our skills scale in a certain way when so many viable methods are available.

Right now, even a STR, and INT, attack increase buff could be enough to help balance it. Even just making STR increase PATK by 2 or 3 would make high multi hit skills have the potential to out DPS Crit. I don’t think it’s that easy, but full % scaling isn’t necessarily the way to go.

2 Likes

Stats are fine just rework con to give 40 hp per point, than make each lvl up give 5 points.

There was a problem to change STR scale to % Patk because many item got Main Elemental property damage (Like element spear) and it too overpower to just scale it with STR now day (cuz of Transcends things…)

From KR meeting : May change all skill to base % damage

If they going to change STR, INT was in the ways too.
but if they buff STR or INT, SPR and CON have to buff too (increase Pdef and Mdef like Ragnarok things)
I thinks DEX and Cri rate was balance. No one except Ar2 can reach 100% cri-rate now days (compare to R7).

Consumption, IMC have to do a lot of homework. One miss step can change overall game.

PS: I don’t thinks STR or INT buff soon, because they just nerf all R8 mobs instead of buff player (I thinks they didn’t know about BUFF and Nerf feeling lol. )

hell no con doesn’t need any buffs, what are you smoking? if anything the stat needs to be nerfed -.-

Current Average damage of each weapon
Rod/Rapier/magical mace damage = Item level +4.
Sword/Mace/Spear damage = Item Level + 3.5.
2h Sword/Spear damage = Item level1.5 +5.5
Staff/Crossbow = Item level
1.3 + 5.
Bow= Item level*1.6 + 6

So STR already is less relevant on certain weapons than others.

If they’re not going to change up gearing again.
Change physical attack gain from Strength to 3 and crit attack to 3. Remove the block penetration gain. Overall damage should not fluctuate much from present.

Int. Increase magic attack by 1.2. Have it decrease crit damage by 1 and increase crit damage by 2.

SPR. Increase the magi def from 1 per 4 to 1 per 3. Increase the block penetration to 2.

I posted my input in the Suggestions forum…linking here:

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.