Tree of Savior Forum

Suggestion on Stats Remake

I will not suggest numbers or what each status should give. What I wanted to say is that only clerics are benefited by the five statistics, int is useless for swordman and archer, str and dex have little to no impact on mages.

If there is a remake of stats, in addition to the proper adjustment in numbers, my suggestion is that these stats give different bonuses to the classes that currently do not make good use of whatever the stat, Int for sword and archer, str and dex for wizards.

I’d like to ask if anyone else has any suggestions for the stat remake issue

Stats are useless compared to the power of transcendance

1 Like

The biggest mistakes with the current stat system are :

1. Stats giving different amount of “bonus stats” the higher you make a stat aswell as the class rank bonus.
    Example : Increasing a STR statpoint from 1 to 2 increases your STR by only 1, but increasing your STR from 400 to 401 might give you like 5 bonus STR. This increases further the higher your class rank is because you get a bonus per additional class rank

I think this is a mistake because it makes dumping everything in just 1 stat more desirable than investing in a balanced mix of different stats. Investing in a stat should increase that stat by only 1, throw out the “the more points you dump in that stat the better your dmg is”-bonus and the class rank bonus because both only encourage dumping everything in 1 stat.

1. Every stat has different amounts of bonus stats you get by investing it
    Example : If you are a swordsman and put everything in STR you’ll end up with 742 STR, if you put everything in CON you’ll end up with 434 CON.

That’s bad balancing because it already influences your decision which stats to pick because some stats are essentially worth more than others. Again : Investing in a stat should increase that stat by only 1.

1. CON giving only 85 hp per point
    Giving a fixed amount of hp is bad because at some point each point of CON will become worth less and less the higher our level becomes.

Ragnarok Online had each VIT point increase the users base hp by 1%, which worked out pretty well because regardless how high your hp becomes its relative benefits stay the same. Changing CON to instead increase base hp by 1% would be better, i think.

1. CRIT rate decreasing by baselevel
    Why does a characters crit rate decrease the higher his level becomes and you’ll have to keep pumping stats into dex just to keep the same crit rate? Not only because it encourages, again, just dumping every stat point in a single stat (DEX), it also makes each invested point in dex worth less the higher a characters level becomes. That’s bullshit and, again, discourages builds with mixed stats.

Take a look at Ragnarok Onlines LUK stat and CRIT stat, that’s how a good crit rate system works : +0.3 crit per luk, which don’t get reduced by the characters baselevel and it worked out just fine. In TOSs case 100 DEX could mean 33% raw crit rate regardless of the characters level, reduced by crit defense from enemies.

1. STR and INT being worthless compared to trans equip
    That one speaks for itself.
    What’s the point of increasing STR by like 100 or something if your weapon can have 8k+ attack? The trans system needs a huge nerf and STR/INT need to have a bigger influence on the damage… maybe having each STR/INT add 2 atk/int and inrease weapon dmg by 0.5~1% so you actually have to invest in your damage stat in order to deal high damage with your weapon.

That’s it for now.

15 Likes

Maybe the problem is in the level cap being so high and having so many points to distribute without a stat cap.

Also today I was reminding myself that in ragnarok skills do not crit, only basic attacks. Tree of savior follows in a way the idea of ​​rag that magic does not crit or miss, but for pyshical skils it does, this more the insane attack of trans weapons, the base damage of the high rank skills + 50% (crit) is destructive. Strengthening the idea that full dex is necessary because lose a critical is lose too much damage.

2 Likes

Ops i forgot tos almost has no autoattack … Are so many disappointments…

Stats are screwed even for Clerics because of their being physical and magical classes within. Their class choices are arbitrarily forced more than usual because X class cannot do anything with Y.

I don’t know if Trans affects the secondary Mattack of Maces but I assume it doesn’t and vise versa for the small handful of primary Mattack Maces.

this post exactly, i feel that transcendance needs to removed as a whole since it’s toxic to the game.

i hope they’re reading sayuri’s reply and fix this nonsense. @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Max

indeed the level cap is too high @GabrielMS92

I agree that the system has unbalanced the game even more and should not even have been implemented in the first place, But if you just take off now people will go crazy … u known, people buy and sell fragments and some invested heavily in trans weapons.

This is something that needs to be done, but what to do with all those who invested in trans? Maybe return all fragments to the owners and give the item another use.

Just throwing random ideas to try to balance the game without harming anyone. In fact I think the game needs to review all its mechanics flat values ​​are proving ineffective. Many people in the forum share this mentality the stats provide values ​​being 1 for 1, In attack or defense is so bad.

Transendence caps at a 6.5x bonus.

The damage of rods for instance is their item level + 4.

So you know an i level 400 Rod will have 404 magical attack.
x6.5 is then 2626.

Swords averaged damage (min + max) is item level + 3.5.
So ilevel 400 Sword is 403.5. 2622 then with stage 10.
Maces are the same deal as Swords (when physical primary) and Rods (when magical primary).

IIRC.

That’s fairly simple. Those weapons are basically getting 6.5 more damage per ilevel excluding enhancements and squire.

You gain half of that for Critting so 3.25 damage per ilvl.

So if you can get 3.25 damage per STR you should be able to match dex value from Trans before all the other enhancements (and skill damage) are applied at 100% Crit chance.

In truth people often don’t have 100% Crit chance so the difference is less significant (ignoring again Anvils, Hats, skill dmg, etc).

Make each point of STR give 3 or 4 Crit Damage and if nothing else…Rogues and Highlanders will be happy.

Trans system will be fixed in rank 9 with another power creep. This is an easy prediction. ANY overpowered system can be indirectly nerfed by buffing everything else to be on the same level. Look to diablo 3 to see what happens with every new season. The FotM changes everytime.

Imo attributes are a pretty safe long term investment. Nothing else is.

Only some of them are before the skills run down to ■■■■ tier with stronger skills present.

Honestly i wouldnt count on any BIG systematic changes until r9 happens.

Trans system IS the endgame right now. Everyone knows you cant remove the old endgame before putting in new endgame first.

1 Like

Trans affects weapons, new weapons with more attack will be released and transcended which will give continuity to the cycle.

But with r9 they are able to nerf transcendence at the same time which they wouldnt be able to right now. We can see transcendance is too op, it doesnt matter that the cycle will continue. The problem is the current cycle cannot be changed.

The plan is doing the big changes before R9, they’re actually what’s delaying it, (along with optimisation).

1 Like

The problem I have with this is not whether it’s op or not is the imbalance in the stats system and transcending seems to be a major villain for ending diversity in the game, even if the stats system of that game was not even good before. The stats system needs a complete overhaul.

Stats system is in the shitty state it is in due to transcendence. During r7 full str/int was a thing. Dex was considered not optimal for Max DPS.

I was 4:2:1 in r7. Now? Full dex like everyone else.

It runs deeper than that. STR may have been viable but it was worse than DEX at R7.

The reason it’s so obvious now is all the numbers have ballooned too much. Skill damage is too high, not enough multi hits, Transcendence, base stats of enemies, DEF scaling, all of it has been a long time coming and all R8 did is make it undeniably obvious. These issues have been compounding since the beginning.

1 Like

Ya i realize now that full dex was actually really good in r7 too. I bought into the 4:2:1 shite cuz everyone was recommending it including the stickied topics authored by ppl who played kToS.