Tree of Savior Forum

[Suggestion] More Weapons Types/Skins! *Updated

Hello there. Im wondering if IMCGames would implement more types of weapons in the future. Ive seen a few posts about the RO’s Assassin/Katar not being present in the current game and then I had the idea of creating this topic.

Weapons diversity in a game like ToS is something that I find very important, since you cant change your class costume(as far as I know at least). And everyone knows that there will be like 80 classes in the final version or in a nearby future, so lets say that I guess 50%+ of them will be melee weapon wielders. Here are some suggestions for new classes/new weapons or even weapon skins that I personally think are awesome:

Note that those are just samples/options. They can come in any size and shape and some might fit into the SAME category, but Im quoting them separately because theyre in fact, different weapons and they could be used differently or in different classes, or not.

War Glaive/Dual Glaive [one-handed] [dual-wield] [sword/special]

*Dual wielding characters is something I wish it was more present in the games industry aswell. Those kind of weapons, often called as fantasy glaives or warglaives are by far one of the coolest fantasy weapons there is(Not to be confunded with the real Glaives) due to its high attack speed and critical strike chance. Theyre often attributed to fantasy assassin-warriors or classes alike.

Twin Blades [two-handed] [sword/special]

Scimitar + Pistol [one-handed] [dual-wield] [sword] + [pistol]

*After seeing a little bit of the Corsair class, haha, I just had to. Pirates anyone?

Katar/Jur [one-handed] [dual-wield] [martial/special]

*RO assassins anyone? Those weapons were by far my favorites one there. They may not be the most useful assassin weapon, but theyre also cool-looking, and common, its a game.

Battle Staff [two-handed] [martial polearm]

*Normally attributed to martial artists, I think these fits perfectly to Monks and alike.

Battle Axe [two-handed]

*For Berserkers, this is a must. Sacrificing their defenses for more damage, those reckless warriors are often seen using giant blades or axes in the battlefield.

Giant Shield and Spiked Shield [one-handed] [shield/special]

*Who never wanted to go full tank once in a while? Great-shields, Tower-shields and Giant-Shields may require some CONS and STR, but they are awesome when equipped in a full-plate armored tank character. Who needs mobility when youre as sturdy as a rock?

Giant Sword [two-handed] [sword] [sword/special]

*Following the Battle Axe fashion, heres another weapon commonly used by those who prefeer offensives over everything else. Its heavy weight will require some extra STR/CONS points.

Katana [two-handed or one-handed] [sword/special]

Katana, Ogatana and every other variant is a must. Not only the Katana is one of the most letal swords out there, its also one of ppl’s favorite. While this exotic blade is equiped, it’ll benefit from your DEX points instead of STR points for damage calculations. Equipping it in both hands will add some extra damage.

Kusarigama [two-handed/both hands] (Kusari+Kama) [martial/special]

The Kusarigama is one of the less seen “melee” weapons in game. But its “shape” is something very interesting. Just imagine the skills that could be used with this baby.

Ninja Weapons(Sai, Shurikens, Kunais) [one-handed] [projectile]

Heavy Flail/Flail [two-handed/one-handed] [mace]

Whip Blade/Whip Sword [one-handed/two-handed] [sword/special]
http://imgur.com/YoQ6I1a
A sword with flexible whip-like blade that could have been created by the use of magic. Thats pretty much a fantasy weapon but its design is something I also find very interesting.

Guan Dao, Chidori Jumonji Yari and Naginata [two-handed] [martial polearm]

The chinese Guan Dao and the Japanese Chidori J. Yari and Naginata, theyre all cool looking martial artists polearms that again, could be implemented for Monks and alike.

Fist Weapons and Battle Gauntlets/Combat Knuckles [one-handed] [martial/special]
More weapons that could easily be added to the Monks arsenal.

Knight’s Lance [one-handed] [polearm]

Scythe [two-handed] [martial polearm]

Tonfa [one-handed] [dual-wield] [martial/special]

Kukri and Kris [one-handed] [dagger]

Those are all weapons I can think of right now. Sorry for my poorly edited images xD. So, what do you guys think?

24 Likes

please get your world of warcraft outta my face.

2 Likes

The only reason I used one of WoW’s weapon as a model to that sample, its coz I find it cool-looking. But Im actually talking about glaives in general. I currently have D&D’s glaives in mind. Theyre both pretty similar anyway.

1 Like

More weapons are always nice. Scimitar and Pistol -

Btw did you draw those? If so, good job dude o.o

1 Like

Yeah, I did, thanks. I think the images helps to better illustrate my point there, lol.

I like how the great shield has a sword in the middle. Makes me feel like you can just take it out of the middle and make the shield a huge sheath lol. But yeah, different weapon variety is always nice.

Heres a small list of weapon types that could be added to the game if you dont mind:
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Weapons
&
http://rodriguezvaughn.com/geekspeak/index.php?topic=133.0
Hope it enlightens some minds about weapon types.
The world is rich in weapon types and designs, lets not just see a sword as a medieval european sword as default.

Yeah, I actually pretend to add more weapons there, its just that Im not done with the illustrations yet xD. But thank you :smiley:

• Those are some poorly edited images.
  • What you essentially asked for is weapon skins. (and animations)
  • If you actually want them with as weapon types, you might want to go over their properties. (in detail)

I have no opinion on whether or not I support this.
(rather, I have opinions that conflict)

Loved all your ideas . I like different weapons and tos does lack on that department.

2 Likes

1- By poorly", Yes, I said so in my very own post. I guess you didnt read it carefully.
2- Nope. I did meant types, not skins. I didnt even mentioned skins and animations in there.
3- I dont get what you tried to say in here. Be careful with english translators out there.

1 Like
  • I did read. I repeated your words. I meant to type ‘poorly’. That part was a mistake. Fixed.
  • Your suggestion only barely covers the idea that you want more weapon variants.
  • Weapons have roles, if I’m not mistaken. Mobs are weaker or resistant to certain weapons.
    Weapon attack types correspond differently to different skills. So on, so forth.

We could add Cutting and Hacking as extra roles. Cutting does a lot less damage than slashing to leather but more to cloth but adds a bleeding debuff at a low rate and Hacking does less damage than blunt to armored but higher damage to leathered but leaves a disable debuff at a low rate?

Kinda defeats the purpose of the weapon roles atm but it’s still nice to have a ton more variety. Those two roles would be for the Scimitar and the Axes while the others would fit nicely into piercing and blunt.

2 Likes

Can you make one with Combat Knuckles Gloves.

I dont know if you played Granado espada but Sword + Pistol was used by a class there so Its quite possible to be here too. A new class or maybe even higher ranks of corsair , who knows.

Greatswords are technically in the game already, 2h swords for Highlanders/Barbarians.
As for the rest, Illidan/demon hunter wannabe glaives aside, at the very least monks need knuckles/claws or some other fist weapons. It’s beyond weird for a martial arts class to carry a shield and a mace.

1 Like

Adding some weapon types, why not ^^
Good idea, but that probably means a lot of rework on actual classes…
Or perhaps they already think about that, for the still-unrevealed classes. :wink:

Well, when Lineage II first released most one-handed mage weapons looked like yellow books. They reworked them into proper items much later. Let’s hope ToS weapons for more interesting classes (shinobi, monk, whatever else is there among the classes we havent’ seen yet) will look unique, not placeholder’y as they are now.

I would love those who likes and encourage his ideas to like his thread please.

Its in game already, something similar

0:38

1 Like