Tree of Savior Forum

[Suggestion] Complete STAT/TRANSCENDENCE Rework

Greetings! I posted this on a different thread but I would like it to have some visibility here.

I think that re-working transcendence to boost stats only would be a good option, however this will take a complete re-working of all the stats to make sense.

Honestly STR and DEX should just be combined with tweaking to make sure that crit rates scale in a similar way that it did when stacking DEX (since you get more STR per rank). This would remove the common complaint that physical classes have it worse than casters. Remove crit attack completely. Keep Accuracy tied to STR, move Evasion to AGI.

For INT, make magic able to crit and have points invested boost crit rate. aaand we are done here.

All stats need to boost properties by Percentages, not flat values!!! Flat values make your game incredibly hard to future-proof. Values would be determined by your equipment and its upgrade value, and after that make the stats boost those values by a factor. This will enable you to scale new gear properly!

Similarly, Defense/Mdef can’t be a flat value! Defense should be reducing the damage from incoming attacks by a percentage! Make defense/mdef hard to come by! Only armor (top/bottom/shield) and accessories, + their upgrade value should boost defense/mdef. Similarly, Boots should have a base evasion and gloves should have a base accuracy + upgrade value.

Flat out remove SPR and replace with AGI. Considering the above change to STR/DEX, remove the ties with evasion and move them to AGI, and make AGI provide crit resistance as well. This would make AGI a pure defensive stat similar to CON. AGI would boost evasion by a percentage, again, avoid flat values.

Crit Resistance: Make this stat lower crit damage by a percent, instead of reducing the chance to crit. This will incentive PVP builds to get it to reduce damage across the board for both physical and magic crits. Crit resistance will never result in a crit doing less damage than a non-crit, it could only reduce the damage to be = to a non-crit in a perfect scenario (don’t ever let it get there!)

Critical Damage: Pick a % boost to damage that makes sense. Don’t allow this to be increased by any stat or value, i.e. Critical Damage = Base + 50% additional damage.

Changing Transcendence to stats could look like this:

Weapons: Boost STR or INT, depending on weapon
Shield: Boost CON & AGI
Top/Bottom: Boost CON & AGI
Gloves: Boost STR or INT, depending on gloves
Boots: Boost CON & AGI

I am not too certain what to do with caster gloves, as having physical gloves boost accuracy while having magic gloves boost damage seems a bit unbalanced.

If anyone else has ideas feel free to post them here!