Tree of Savior Forum

Suggestion about the latest KTOS boss loot update

@STAFF_Ines, @STAFF_John, @STAFF_Ethan, @STAFF_Max
If you see this post, please think about suggesting this to IMC, since I can really see how the KTOS change makes high-end players quit the game, because youtake away one of the only things they can do in the endgame right now.

I have a suggestion for the boss loot system that would not totally destroy the purpose of the game for boss hunters, yet would allow “casuals” to also participate in world boss fights for loot.

The current system gives loot to the parties of the top 6 DPS guys, if I understood it right. The lastest KTOS change makes it so only the parties of the top 6 DPS players can get the boss loot, and only every 8 hours of online time. This would destroy one of the few endgame activities for some players.

I want to suggest that you keep the current system in place, so boss hunters still can farm bosses like crazy - but also introduce a new system where EVERY paticipating player (or the top 20 DPS, or whatever) can get a loot cube from the fight, even if they’re not partying with one of the top 6 DPS guys. This second drop would come with a cooldown, which I suggest to be 20 hours, since this system is only for the casual players.

With this change, boss farmers could still get all the cubes, but casuals could also benefit from fighting world bosses once a day. Also, it would be somewhat forgiving for the top DPS players, because if they derped in a fight they could still get a cube if it’s the first derp of the day - and they could try again when the boss spawns again after four hours.