Tree of Savior Forum

Strength seems to be the most viable (for warrior)

Hey people,

So I’ve been using this link as a guide to distributing stat points.

So far, the Strength to Dex ratio has been absurd. Been tinkering with gems/monster defense/weapon stats and the ratio generally lead to a range from (STR 10:1 DEX) or even higher for Strength.

Am I doing something wrong? If it’s not too much of a bother, can someone else try testing this on the spreadsheet to see what ratio they get?

It really depends on your build. Two handed can go for more dex but still need str. One handed weapon would be better with mostly str.

1 Like

Reasoning behind this?

I’m not quite sure I understand since Highlanders get a attribute to add 50% extra crit chance with two hand swords. Wouldn’t this mean that they don’t need as much dex to pad the crit rate (so they should add more to STR)? As for two handed spear users, they have finestra so wouldn’t that also mean they don’t need to prioritize dex?

As for one handed, the only class I see going for a more STR oriented build (theoretically) would be a one handed spear user (because of Finestra). Otherwise, one handed users that don’t use spears don’t really get a crit bonus. Why would one handed users need more STR if none of their skills/attributes give bonus crit chance (this is not accounting for Barbarian 5 second crit buff).

Again, thanks for your answers and replies!

the crit formula used by that spreadsheet is wrong.

it takes more crit rate to achieve the desired crit chance as your level increases, while that spreadsheet assumes the crit chance for a given crit rate is more-or-less static. this causes it to cap dex at a low value.

the 2hsword attribute is for crit damage, not chance.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight!

Do you know the increase in ratio for crit rate:crit chance as your level increases?

Edit* nvm I found it

I have a question that is both related and not related with the topic.

If a swordsman goes for a full STR build or a build that highly prioritizes STR over DEX, how will his accuracy go? Will the accuracy from the equipments make up for it?

Hello! during iCBT2 i make some test, here are results. I dont know how actual this info is now (something can change)^

Conditions:
build: sw-pelt-hoplite2-corsair, 132 lvl,
i was on the location “forest of prayer”, victim - archers on that map.
Equip: zega spear, dirk dagger, zachariel bangle, necklace+10 dex. no green gems.
only one buff - finestra lvl 12
and some reset scrolls, paper, pencil and a lot of patience…

I make 100 autoattack strikes with each of different stat builds and write all the results. Here they are, enjoy!
Total damage:
Full str:_________103 450
2:1 (str/dex)______95 700
1:1 (str/dex)______87 880
1:2 (str:dex)______77 600

Critical chance:
Full str:_________38
2:1 (str/dex)______66
1:1 (str/dex)______77
1:2 (str:dex)______85

Damage per 1 hit (crit, normal attack):
Full str:_________1515 740
2:1 (str/dex)______1150 600
1:1 (str/dex)______980 540
1:2 (str:dex)______830 470

But one more moment (may be for somebody it will be important): with dex builds i spent much less HP due to evasion.

1 Like

accuracy:

to have 99% chance to hit mobs in PVE you need to have lvl/8 (160 lvl - 20 dex). (experience on iCBT2)

i was just wondering. what stats to add to have accuracy? if i add STR at stats does it give accuracy? :no_mouth:

Youre not doing anything wrong. For content up to level 280 gems in weapons give you already the majority of crit you need, if youre a hoplite or barb you get some additional crit. For the most part you can have a full str build and still crit like crazy. Also, you get +70%strength from each point into strength and int at rank 7, so yeah its obvious strength will outshine dex.

As positive as the above is, this game doesnt end at level 280 in its entirety. The amount of crit rate needed for higher levels will be exponential. Meaning, probably by just investing every point from lvl 280 to 500 you will Still not have the same crit rate as on level 280. It will go lower and lower. Frankly for 50% crit on level 500 youre looking at something around 800 crit rate. And thats not counting mobs crit rate defense.

Yes, its not as grim as I paint it either. A krivis with zalcai can provide a lot of that crit, but whether full str build will be able to crit consistently at lvl 500? With correct gear and good support most likely. But dont take my word for it.

1 Like

Yea, this seems to be the case. I readjusted the crit value according to max level and still got a build that said I should go full strength for maximum damage output.

This was with added crit gems (tested level 5,6, and 7), toggled +50 crit rate for barbarians (cleave buff), and 4 different equipment each for one handed swords, daggers, shoes, gloves, pendant, rings, and shirts.

I also heard that around 70% of mobs rely on magic damage and projectiles that can’t be dodged so building dex for PvE late game isn’t a good reason (for now atleast).

I guess the only saving grace for building dex is to be able to PvP better against non magic players (evasion +, accuracy +).

Also I was told con should be considered since I heard mobs at Earth Tower do around 5k per hit. Can anyone confirm this?

No idea I only played until lvls 200, content open afterwards is a mystery to me ^^

If you go DEX route, you need to stay on it otherwise your crit rating goes down constantly the more levels you gain.

STR is a constant boost to block, crit damage, damage and every rank is 10% more of it.

This is why you DO NOT LISTEN to people who made it to level 130 and claim that a FULL DEX is the BEST THING EVUR! Because they are dumb noobs who don’t know anything. Seriously. I can’t be nice here.

Full STR with rank 7 bonus at level 280

Full DEX at level 280

My point? You just get more STR is all.

Make your own stat build: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/stat-calculator/

Just note

• Most of your dodge rating comes from level and gear, not dex

• Most of your crit rating comes from DEX will cost you heavily from STR

• Finestra is max 150 crit rating and will not scale well in the future

• STR increases how much criticals do

• Yellow numbers can be sexy, but don’t go full retard DEX

• Weapons can be gemmed with crit rating, up to 90+ from 1x level 10 gem

3 Likes

I think a major reason why many people add DEX is for Accuracy as well, not just crit rate and evasion.
People are afraid they will miss their targets a lot when fighting at high levels, especially in PVP against rogues buffed with Monstrance.

1 Like

Accuracy is pointless for PvE for a Swordsman.

1 Like

Yea, accuracy is pretty important in PvP. Same with con.

Mostly Str with some con and dex will probably be best endgame.

Umm, isn’t it CON that boost block?

Which is something most people probably will never even see, given how much gem exp is required to get it.

Correct. My mistake. It’s 1 CON is 1 Shield Block.

Here’s the math for STR and CON:

True, 90 million or something experience? However a level 8 and 9 gem are not too bad or hard to get. Not to mention gear, weapons, gloves etc. all have crit attack stats to a varying degree.

Not to mention if you dual wield you can put usually 1 gem into a dagger, and 2 into the 1H weapon.

Lolopanther 2H spear has 3 sockets
Lolopanther 2H sword has 2 sockets (dunno why less than 2H spear tbh)

1 Like

Some old table I found says 6->7 is 172k and 7->8 is about 5 times of that at 860k.

Going by that scaling then 8->9 would be about 4.5m and 9->10 19m or so.

Even that 6->7 is pretty tough for many.

If we’re talking about the ultimate socket weapon though:

Off-hand green gem does have higher crit rate than main hand, so dual wield can get more crit rate overall.