Tree of Savior Forum

Stats preference for zealot

• STR
  • SPR
  • DEX
  • Other

0 voters

To those of you who played zealot, I was just wondering what your preferred stats are.

I personally think full SPR is the best. Good healing, better zalchiai, less SP hungry, more CON from enchanter, and high damage from blind faith. The downside is less accuracy, but can be compensated by gears.

Tell me your preferences and why? Thanks.

SPR because I go diev3 route and have super strong owls as a result too.

In the end high Dex is the strongest build with high invest.

Spr is just the cheapest build where you dont need to eat sp pots like crazy…

Hm… not necessarily just cheap. I think blind faith that ignores pdef/mdef is quite powerful especially against boss.

What is the reason you think DEX is strongest? I tried a DEX build on a kriv3-monk3-zealot, but double punch is still slow due to ping.

I’ve made cleric 2 krivis 3 druid 2 zealot 3 and it only needs a good weap and SPR basically.

Mine is not a main build, i think that for main zealot3 you will need a mix of STR/SPR/DEX from gears and stats, but mainly high DEX for the damage.
It’s also an expensive char that need good supporting to perform.

Depend on what u want and build
STR for AOE (fanatic illusion)
SPR for single target, especially wb/velcoffer (blind fate)
Dex for double punch

druid2 zealot3 can get benefit from any stat (str con spr int dex) u can mix what u want
my cleric2 krivis3 druid2 zealot go full spr with any good stat gear

Dex gives more Dp speed and Crit Atk.
As Zealot you can get a very high critrate with good investment.

And Blindfaith holy impact increase your crit dmg even more.

Not to forget the Armor “melt” Attribute from Zealot C3.

Well after the R10 patch my fps drops realy hard ~.~

Dex is only good for auto attacking builds.

Physical attack multiplies crit as well and just based on the formula, STR beats DEX in terms of damage output, even if you have like 80% crit rate.

And there dp spamm comes into play.

I could argue for str but not for spr how much sp does a full spr build even get?

Close to 15k iirc, for around 450-500 SPR. But it’s only tested on simulator.

I know that around 370 SPR you get 12-13k SP.

Edit: oh by the way, I probably wasn’t clear. I’m not asking which one has highest dps. I’m asking what you guys think are the best/preferred stats. So in my case I voted SPR because it’s more versatile (good heal, not mana-hungry… etc)

Around 20k and around 30k with arcane energy scroll.

There’s more zealot builds than just the monk build though.

It’s not the first time I’ve heard that claim, but most times it was claimed as such because they either testing it solely on monk3 zealot builds or literally only tested dex performance. At this point, it’s more of a running gag, even if they aren’t joking about it.

Anyway, IMO when it comes to stats:

Str:

• Easiest to gear. But needs potions.
  • Best AoE dmg.
  • Lowest physical def penalties since that’s based on the patk to pdef differences.

Spr:

• A bit harder to gear, needs high spr and high patk.
  • Best single target dmg, best healing and can bring additional support/utility with ease.
  • Less raw dmg and thus higher def reductions, but blind faith ignores defenses anyway.

Dex:

• Hardest to gear, you need a high crit rate + patk and a ton of potions for it to work well.
  • Has single target dmg from DP and AoE from Zealot, more of a middle ground between the two tbh.
  • Since crit attack is calculated after defenses it runs into larger def reductions.
  • Ideal for monk3 builds obviously, but arguably not ideal from a zealot perspective.

It still largely depends on the build though, but I’m rather fond of an str/spr hybrid for the druid2 variant.
And keep in mind that sp also scales with user level, so with further ranks blind faith gets even more powerful.

@wurmheart Your reason with SPR is pretty much the reason why I chose to go full SPR.

But what’s weird though is that I play kriv3-monk3… Yea I know SPR is pretty much useless to monk, but first of all, I was told that 2-handed mace is much stronger than 1-handed. Zealot skills are quite risky as well (immolation and fanaticism), so golden bell shield acts as an emergency skill. Hand knife, palm strike, one inch punch are quite nice against single target too, like you said.

You are an expert at clerics right? Would you like to share your knowledge and comment on my build and stats choice? I was thinking about changing it to cleric2-kriv3-druid2-zealot, but then I lose 2-handed mace, and stera throfh (it provides immunity to damage?) is much slower than golden bell shield.

Should be a 20% ~ 16% patk improvement over 1h hammers based on your enhance/trans values. (The higher trans/enhance the lower the benefit?) But that doesn’t take your other patk into account.
So arguably a higher benefit for dex/spr builds?

The matk benefit is a lot lower though, and rods have better matk than 1h maces to begin with. So 2hands are best used on physical or minion builds (which lack other dmg boosts).

Kind of, I’m lagging behind r10 info atm as I wasn’t active for a while. And I’m not as knowledgeable as I’d like to be, but the usual IMC shenanigans make that rather difficult for anyone. (bugs, misleading descriptions, stealth nerfs or buffs with unintended side effects etc etc.)

Spr can still work, you got Zalciai for 1.5 crit atk per spr and Blind Faith is still very good.
You should, however, aim for a solid chunk of dex from gear though, and my estimates are not as accurate as I’d like to them to be but around 200 dex should be a good idea.

For reference, these are some of my old auto atk speed notations. (Keep in mind DP should scale differently and I forgot to list my ping.) But just for a rough idea on how dex can affect atk speed.

(50 hit test timing btw)
3 dex = 32s aka 1.56 aps
28 dex = 30s aka 1.67 aps (+07% for 25 dex, avg of 0.28%)
48 dex = 28s aka 1.79 aps (+15% for 45 dex, avg of 0.32%)
83 dex = 28s aka 1.79 aps (+15% for 80 dex, avg of 0.19%)
106 dex = 27s aka 1.85 aps (+19% for 103 dex, avg of 0.18%)
134 dex = 27s aka 1.85 aps (+19% for 131 dex, avg of 0.14%)
151 dex = 26s aka 1.92 aps (+23% for 148 dex, avg of 0.15%)
251 dex = 24s aka 2.08 aps (+33% for 248 dex, avg of 0.13%)
351 dex = 23s aka 2.17 aps (+39% for 348 dex, avg of 0.11%)
451 dex = 22s aka 2.27 aps (+46% for 448 dex, avg of 0.10%)
522 dex = 20s aka 2.50 aps (+60% for 518 dex, avg of 0.12%)

Plus keep in mind IMC essentially has a bracketed system (or rounds these values down prematurely), so, for example, you may have 2.27 ap between 440 and 460 dex. (and latency binding should mean these values even differ based on that. )

Still, getting a 20% or 30% atk speed bonus should be quite possible with something like 100-200 dex at least.

The harder part to quantify is how well chortasmata/carnivory/thorns compete with the 2hand dmg buff and monk skills. Vs flying monk wins obviously.
But chortasmata is really op atm, so I can’t imagine it being to far behind.

But Druid is much more defensive IMO.

• Transform can give +50% defenses and +75% max health from a large insect, so it makes surviving somewhat easier. (Beast is also tempting for the +200 crit attack, but will need to see how bad the melt armor thing is first) Or you can use a speed transformation, you take less dmg if melee mobs can’t catch up :smiley:
  • Sterea Trofh has a 10s invuln with a 30s cd at lvl 5. Which is incredibly op, but like you said takes time to set up so it’s best to just spam it.
  • And chortasmata heals 1k+ per tick, though fanaticsm will block that most of the time.
  • Thorns also binds ground enemies to boot. And druid/zealot doesn’t need to facetank either.

And monk has golden bell shield, a bit of silence and some knock backs if you choose to use those.
It’s not that bad, but not on par. Though GBS is quicker like you said.

Just pick what you like tbh, both builds are strong enough.
I miss tos neet, so much useful info… q…q

1 Like

From my testing it doesn’t seem to.

1 Like

Whaaaaat?! Property damage that doesn’t ignore defense?!

Idk where the idea got spread that property damage ignores defense. If that were true, most wizards and a good proportion of cleric skills would all ignore defense.

Most wizard skills are property damage? No, I don’t think so. I think only enchant fire and enchant lightning give property damage.

Property damage does indeed ignore defense. What it doesn’t ignore is property resistance. Or at least that’s what I was told in this thread: Need Advice: Zealot C3 or Inquisitor C1?

Oh I understand your terminology now. No, Emphatic Trust is just like any other skill, it is not Elemental Property Attack. One way you know this is because it can crit and is boosted by fanaticism (I’ll try to reconfirm this later, but I’m pretty sure this is the case).

Yeah the terminology can be confusing at times. In many skill descriptions like emphatic trust it says “deal Holy property damage”. This just means the attack is holy property, but is not referring to elemental property attack (which is the kind that ignores defense).

Emphatic trust is just a holy damage skill. It can crit and is affected by defense like any other physical skill.