Tree of Savior Forum

Stat Reset or Delete Account, anyone else feeling same?

I am a f2p player who got into ToS around the f2p steam release, without a solid understanding of the game. I wanted to play a c6 build, but I was under the impression that 50 pts into INT would not hurt. Now that I know the scaling is really odd, I wish to be able to get a stat reset.

I do not want to re-level a character to replace it, because the time spent is simply too much (over 200 hrs). If I cannot get one I will more than likely delete my account, since I have no real interest in playing any other character. Iā€™m holding out for the moment, because my suspicion is that so many are in the same position that IMC should consider listening to that problem. But every time I log in to play now, I feel like deleting my account.

I asked about this problem with ToS support and was told simply that if any decision about it was made it would be posted to game news. While I understand that they maybe undecided about making stat resets available, this is not sufficient to resolve my dilemma. I simply feel that I should be able to know if I should stop pouring hours into a char that will never be able to reset stats.

THE POINT OF THE THREAD:
If you read this and you feel you need to reset stats to continue playing, please post and let us all know.

EDIT: First few people responding seemed to take this as a thread asking for advice about my char/account, which it is not. I have edited the title in the hopes of making that more clear.

3 Likes

well
im pretty sure one day they will give out stat reset pots, either in cash shop or in event just like ktos did

itā€™s hard to say when the day will come, but dont be too upset and donā€™t delete the account

50 int is fine, u just lost some dmg, doesnā€™t make a huge problem

I should have been more clear. I donā€™t intend for this post to become a discussion of ā€˜is my build bad or not.ā€™ I want to know if other people feel they need a stat reset or not. That is the only question I am asking here.

Edit: reply meant for OP.

50 int into cataphract? Quit. Swordsmen are weak enough as it is.

When imc sells stats reset come back or dont bother just move on to other games.

Its not a cata, its a cryo3 / chrono3ā€¦ but it really doesnā€™t matter what class I am. Again, the point here is to find out if there are many people who need stat resets to justify continued play. The reason I made this thread is that I donā€™t feel IMC (or anyone else) likely has a good handle on how many people have quit / will quit over the stat reset issue. Iā€™m just curious about that.

Yes, there should be one.

There isnā€™t one.

There probably wonā€™t be one.

Delete your account and try to wash your hands of this, better to rip it off like a bandaid.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I have no problem paying for a stat reset pot. Problem is, they donā€™t appear to be selling them. The point of this isnā€™t to start a f2p/p2w rage war. In fact, you have more or less just suggested I quit the game, simply because I made a mistake in my build. This would seem to be IMCā€™s stance atm also, but we donā€™t know because as far as Iā€™m aware, they simply wonā€™t say.

The problem is that the game is all TRIAL AND ERROR. There just isnā€™t enough information on skills and stats benefits with skills to make informed decisions before you actually try it first.

This is going to lead to people f*cking up their builds a lot and having to remake. Itā€™s an outdated oldschool style of game design that really doesnā€™t work anymore in my opinion.

13 Likes

Your only options as of now are:

1. Remake your character.
  2. Quit.
1 Like

With how skill tool-tips being completely fked up in this game and how stat points affect your damage, but there isnā€™t clear information on that unless you datamine. IMC should make stat reset potions available to all if they have a ā€œRenewal Patchā€. Players shouldnā€™t have to rely on third party websites to find information on skills. That information should be provided in game or on official website.

2 Likes

6 Likes

if you are an OCD person that needs everything to be perfect the way you want it to be, then remake the character. if not 50 int is ok.

i mean you might want a damage class later when R8 comes and 50 int would be not so bad anymore.

2 Likes

50 int isnā€™t too bad. Currently the only form of stat reset is from the previous founders pack 1, they will probably implement it in future just like how kToS did.

I agree with the others. Either you are a casual gamer that only wants to have one character and then 50 INT isnā€™t so bad as that you had to quit the game over it or you are a min-maxer and then just reroll like all other min-maxers do, even if itā€™s 200 hours of work to getting back to there.

Stat reset isnā€™t needed right now, but I think it should become available when they do large balance changes to the game or add new classes.

You guys shouldnā€™t want him to quit. Heā€™s playing a pure support for your sake, which is uncommon. Cryo/Chrono is supposed to be heavily sought after arenā€™t they? If you LIKE this game you shouldnā€™t want anyone to quit, other than bots/cheaterz. I agree that stat resets should be in TP shop and see no reason not to have them there.
They should also give them out if a major change was done to your class, like many other games do~ like Marvel Heroes for example, which is something to think about: Respecs were sold and obtained from some quests and they did free resets after patches till they eventually made respecing 100% free anytime/anywhere because the overall community had a lot more fun during free respec eventsā€¦ and happier customers are more likely to spend money.
Not saying it should be 100% free here yet but unfun restrictions push a lot of people away and will just hurt the game because many would rather quit than throw all their time in the garbage rerolling.

8 Likes

Nope. Not feeling the reset. Go reroll noob.

I play full support except built correctly, ill take his place trust me youā€™re better off in my care. Abel of Orsha & klaip

im for the reset. my reasoningā€¦ ive already rerolled onceā€¦ you know what i did during my reroll. quitā€¦ i didnt like doing the same quests. the same wayā€¦ the same grindā€¦ the same hours spentā€¦ doing the same thing with a different stat builtā€¦ it didnt make me feel like i did something rightā€¦ it didnt make me feel like i did something wrongā€¦ it made me feel like i wasted my timeā€¦ you can datamine and cookiecutter your way through itā€¦ or you can live with your decisionsā€¦ but i didnt like that i had to reroll the same build JUST for a stat resetā€¦ seems simple really. and just recently they allowed stat reset potions to be team transferableā€¦ still doesnt help the fact that the reroll caused me to quit. i would say super disappointing, but in reality, ive almost forgot about this game and its hype and where my next few years were going to be dumped into.

shortly after i quit poe garnered another 50 bucks from me. league just grabbed another 20ā€¦ imc would love if my story wasnt other kids storiesā€¦ wonder if thats the caseā€¦ i imagine it is.

13 Likes