Tree of Savior Forum

Stance on addons?

i dont know how big that disadvantage is but even without that addon there’s tosbase for the list of quest per map

there’s toscamp for the whole map and npc location (but some area are in korean language) and chest location and also non npc that provides quest

edit:

so its the same if a person doesnt know how to properly search then having an addon that displays quest wont affect them.

1 Like

I don’t see any problem with that quest addons, right now Ktos already has the same thing
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=154469&site=tos
it’s show all quest mark in that map and player can see all quest available via mini map
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=154822&site=tos

as long as an addon doesnt alter anything like auto target or auto skill or auto pots on low hp then it will be ok

i would like to see if they can make an addon that fixes the hitbox of mobs specifically made for mouse users (can target the body or every part of the body instead of the ground or circle below the unit) since pets and such really obstruct our targeting

No they don’t. Vital quests can’t be missed.[quote=“Leiloni, post:69, topic:141262”]

The game was designed so that quests are hidden and players must take the time to find them and it should remain this way.
[/quote]

The addon specifically states that it does NOT reveal any quest that are intended as “hidden” quests.

Every quest is technically hidden because they don’t show up unless you talk to the NPC that gives it. The only ones that show up automatically are story quests. So yes, a player without this could potentially be missing a ton of quests if they’re not careful enough.

1 Like

That’s why we use it, right? For clarity.

I’ve seen that addon everywhere on vids on Youtube I think it’s accepted.

On that note the popular one atm on ToS subreddit is a quest revealer.

I wonder, if they were to use VAC for this game, if addons would get us auto-banned.

There’s a similar thread about all this here too. Frankly, I find it silly that there are people against this addon.

1 Like

@STAFF_Ethan

Hi i’d like to know if we are allowed to use the addon that shows the elements propierty and HP value of the monsters, and the one that shows how many monsters we still have to kill for get the reward… thanks!

Please like/comment for an official process! It will help speed up the approval times as well as promote user safety when dealing with addons.

2 Likes

I need help i have correctly install all Excrulon lua mods. But i click that Load Addons. It doesn´t load the Addons

Any news on this ?..

How to add addons for show ping on screen game ??? latency monitor plz addon

showLatencyPingDelay = true; ???

or

showLatency = true; ???

i wish know the comand correct for show ping on screen fixed.

i think ping meter is bad idea. it puts unnecessary more load to server and consider everyone using this it is as bad as ddos.

ACTUALLY, no…ping is returned by the client by checking latency from time from the previous server response, not the server sending replies (which would show incorrect ping times due to the extra return trip being calculated…)

You can spam //PING and it’s not doing anything different than running 3000 pings with cmd > ping to the server, it’s not CPU intensive across mass amounts of users anymore…ping DDoS is obsolete on large, load balanced targets.

(I have //ping as a toggle copy/paste on my keyboard so I can see just how crappy the server is handling traffic…)

This list is incomplete, but some of these addons/mods are extremely intrusive (I’m looking at you, LKChat.) Any addon that is capable of tampering, altering,or misinterpreting data should not be a safe/green addon in the first place. IMC should just buckle up and face this issue already, but we all know the final verdict.

@DxDark: Do you even know how ping tools work? Ping tools ALWAYS check the connection to the server, and that isn’t done by magic; It’s done by sending a ping package to the server which shall be checked; which results in an answer from said server. So please don’t tell me that a ping addon would not increase the connection load, because the connection is tested by using it.

Hi, IMC can you please says comment about addons like a MapFogViewer, because in serious they give small advantage over basic players, allowing you to explore the map faster.

And maybe you do something in style of the green list for allowed addons…

Thanks

they allowed any add-on that gives you information you could get through the community, and since you can just alt tab and get a map on the internet, they won’t punish you for using it