Tree of Savior Forum

Stance on addons?

By harming the gaming environment, do you mean in a community-level? E.g., if said DPS meter would induce players into quarrels and discrimination between classes, would it be disallowed?

Good to hear. Thanks!

I know it’s kinda offtopic but if we manage to run ToS Steam client on Wine (Linux) would it be allowed?

Sure, I don’t see why not!

3 Likes

It’s good to have an official answer (before messing with things like this one, lol)

@STAFF_Ethan,

The new terms of service just posted essentially says these mods aren’t allowed. I don’t know what to believe now. What are your thoughts?

https://treeofsavior.com/ts/

• Unpacking the data and resources included in the distributed client and repackaging them to make separate files.
  • Altering the contents of the files in the distributed client.

Thanks.

I think that has more to do with hacking and exploiting the game, than addon related :\

i think it’s more like:

“we don’t care if you do it, even if we said that it’s not allowed, because it’s harmless, but tecnically we could punish you for breaking the rules, so don’t go too far on it”

Oh, the client just works without a problem at least until login screen :3

As @DrRM said, it has more to do with hacking, exploiting, and excessive data mining etc. The stance on addons is still as mentioned above.

1 Like

haha, i still remember that. well, they will find something different this time with random party system.

You’re not supposed to get past the login screen yet :wink:

4 Likes

but if i suposedly do, and create my character

Would i keep my team names?

or are you guys testing in a completely different server, that will not be on the server list?

:smirk:

2 Likes

I kinda know. Is it the login from iOBT because of the old files?

But the game didn’t changed that much internally so it wouldn’t run on Wine or did it? I guess the engine being the same and so we’ll still be possible to run it fine o:

@Tomazelli I guess it’s a different/test server since it’s running a Windows on that end.

We just wanted to let you view the fine art in the background. :stuck_out_tongue:
As you mentioned, there were no big changes in the engines etc.
So if you could play the iCBT2 version, I don’t think there will be any problems playing the iOBT.

3 Likes

@Excrulon, I mailed you regarding your addon and some questions.

If DPS meters are allowed, and if you get one set up… for the love of all that is holy, please formulate buffs to award the DPS to the person who cast the buff and not the player using the buff.

If a support gives you +500 damage per hit then you are delivering the damage but it would be the person who cast the buff that made that damage boost possible i.e. it is the support’s damage but dealt through you. This could require a little more work (checking damage against active buffs, possibly even as far as requiring the support to have the addon as well to track buffs cast in case ownership isn’t a given) but this would finally help prove how much a good support who juggles his buffs appropriately can do and not just slap them at the bottom of every DPS chart by default.

1 Like

@arendarskib
any news regarding your project? i’d love to see your api :slight_smile:

the viewer doesnt work. i followed the installation steps and edited the lua, but it wont work.

you’re probably with an outdated version

Try this one:

1 Like