Tree of Savior Forum

Tree of Savior and Unix Systems

Hello everyone,

I’ve been tested TOS in closed beta seasons, and I really found in TOS, a grace and glory of MMORPGs. I’m in “total hype”.

The Windows client is a reality, and I never heard about of a Linux port. Okay, most of games dont have a descent port for Unix system, and I prefer a total Windows game, instead of a full broken Linux amount of code to translate a DirectX to OpenGL. My question is, a Linux (and Mac, why not?) port has in the plan of IMC? (Remember the Vulkan API :heart:)
If not (and probably not), can I run the TOS in wine, without break any rules and passives to lost my account? Because, in most of legacy MMOs, the third-party (I will not quote names) Hack shield/guardian, blocks the wine background process behaviour, and this makes me sad. :cry:

See ya, IMC and all community of TOS. :smiley:

They haven’t finished the windows version yet, and i doubt we will see other systems, but we never know the future. All you can do is wait, or use the windows client for now.

I guess that the Windows port is in final steps, and the main adjustments of IMC devs now is in game engine, fixing bugs and rebalancing the game. I know, the Linux/Mac port is a future plan (If the ports has in the plans). In moment, if can I run TOS in wine environment, I will be a happy guy. :slight_smile:

Yeah, that will depend on wine, but probably someone will make a nightly build or contribute with the correct fixes to make the game playable.

iCBT 2 worked on Wine. There wasn’t any big updates on the engine and these things so the client will still work on Wine (as some Staff answered in a topic when I asked). I guess the Steam client won’t have Hackshield like the Korean version (does that thing really does it job? lol) so I guess we’ll be able to play it fine just as people could on iCBT 2.

I guess the korean one could work too if you can start the client with your nexon session paramaters and find a way to run (or somehow trick by risking your account for almost nothing) the Hackshield.

Well, we can’t really confirm anything 100% that it’ll work but I’m positive it’ll run as fine as the Windows client.

If I receive a message of anyone of IMC saying “a TOS client running a top of wine environment will be inside of the rules, and do not ban your account”. Is certainly, I will make my own build of “wine port”. And share to community when I judge the environment is stable. :slight_smile:

Why you would? Wine is an emulator, not a hack.

A third-party hack shields in most of cases don’t recognize wine environment and finds the “wine way” to deal with binaries a potential malicious behaviour, and probably reports to the “server admin”, or in best of cases only blocks the game to run.

Indeed, most are sensitive to what is on the system, even if it is under windows, the one Echo of Soul uses didn’t let me play the game, even running in clean boot, not that i would miss anything, that game is another generic one, but still, it depends on the game dev, Redstone Online use the same i think, and i can play it no problem, i think BnS also use the same and it was fine last i played.

But Steam version seem to not have one, in all honesty, if Valve Anti-Cheat worked well on ToS i would prefer that one implemented.

A staff replied in that topic that we would be allowed to play on Wine if it worked. Anyway, I’m getting a computer with IOMMU support, GPU Passthrough ftw~

I envy you. I went to go set up GPU passthrough on my linux box and realized my CPU didn’t have VT-d support :expressionless: . Now in order to keep linux as my main OS I need to use 2 computers, 2 monitors, and a KVM switch until can bring myself around to replacing my relatively new CPU.

@henlavezzo
This is the message from IMC you are looking for:

1 Like

iToS working on Wine. Confirmed it. =)