Tree of Savior Forum

@Staff_Max, Un-ban me

Might be true, but you’d still be violating their terms of service, so if they felt like it, they could ban you.

Just because some game companies ignore minor violations, doesn’t mean another company has to ignore that, too.

Sure there are probably worse bots in ToS, but that doesn’t mean that they have to tolerate your behavior.

Define: Botting - Autonomous gameplay.
What did your macro do? Spare a few keys or control your character? Answer yourself.

1 Like

now that i think about it, what he just said in this thread justifies the ban the GMs gave him. sucks to be you but their call is right. well thats one less botter to worry about. whose next?

Fully agree to this ban but…how much of a ■■■■■■■ tool can @STAFF_Max be for finally showing up to the map where these top botters have been running freely since day 1, see one run past him and not doing anything about it?

How stupid can you be?

Shoggoth is an infinite summon and works quite well for AFK farming legitimately

1 Like

Here I’ll break this down.

My macro is simple. I run to 4 different points over the course of 2mins. If someone wanted to mess with my farm, they could. A simple icewall would mess my pathing up and I wouldn’t be getting any kills.

If someone wanted to farm over me, they could. There was a fletcher there killing all the spawns before I would path.

All of these things have happened. Not to mention I can only last about 4 - 4.5 hours before my gear breaks and I die to mobs.

But let’s get to the bigger issue.
There is only a blanket statement against 3rd party programs. This includes all addons. Yet they don’t ban everyone for using addons. They get to pick and choose. Use discretion and logic.

So on one end you have me, a paying customer. I farm silver and then dump it into attributes and enhancing gear. I’m not selling silver. I’m not messing up the economy. I’m only affecting myself.

On the other end you have RMTers. These people develop bots to farm silver so they can sell it. This cuts into the profits of the company.

@Staff_Max was at my location. As well as the botter Momohime. Momohime was farming in front of him, using the extremely obvious chaplain AI.

He chose to ban me. He chose to not ban Momohime, someone who RMTs and has farmed 87MM and counting.

I say this because if you’re going to use discretion in which players you ban, you should be focused on the players who are cutting into your profits. Not the ones who give you money.

I honestly don’t really care that I got banned. I’m more surprised if anything, thinking that they wouldn’t care, as other companies don’t care.

This is to more inform the community to not use macros and that they only care about players using macros. Botters aren’t banned. Even if they bot directly in front of a GM.

Glad you got the ban hammer. Bye.

1 Like

I mean I joined to guild to PvP.
Xellie hasn’t been on in weeks. Don’t think she gives two fscks about the game.

Friend is just some neckbeard RO player. I don’t really care what these type of people think, as they’re just trash. He takes a game extremely seriously that maybe 3k players in NA play.

:dizzy_face: since you still want to continue to discuss your ban, i say goodluck and have fun getting rekt., you gonna be avidity 2.0 rofl.

3 Likes

You’re right they don’t.

They can actually ban me for any reason. Even if they don’t like me.

But know what they do tolerate? RMT botting directly in front of them.

They’ve been banning players and ignoring botters.

Many players figure that since they don’t ban the botters, they will get away with doing it themself… no they get banned and the botters get ignored.

Addons =/= Macros.

Using a macro to bot, can be bannable. It’s been done before in plenty of MMO’s. Just because your Naga has built in macro system, doesn’t mean your safe? That’s still botting using a 3rd party tool.

You deserve your ban and you know it. But IMC is still failing to ban more serious botters, however their failure to ban other botters does not mean you deserve to be unbanned.

Regardless, with all the qq unban threads or I quit because I’m banned threads, there’s never been a time where IMC replied and unbanned the player.

8 Likes

lol @ the same defense as aidity

“I used my botting for myself, not to sell! I’m different!”

sounds boting to me.

It’s not about macros or addons.

There is just a blanket statement about 3rd party programs. This includes everything. From addons that allow you to sell in the field, to addons that show monster information, to macros, etc. These are all 3rd party.

They use their own discretion when choosing to ban someone.

If I get banned for doing this, whatever. That’s cool. You should have a better system in place to be more clear on the rules instead of this gray area where you ban players for one reason or another, while letting others go.

But to not ban RMT botters DIRECTLY in front of you the entire time you’re testing to see if I’m a bot is a joke.

That just shows you don’t care. You’re just there banning whoever for whatever reason with zero consistency.

Here I’ll break this down.

A macro simple or complex, as long as it allows autonomous gameplay without needing a human to control it for a period of time, constitutes as botting.

No matter how well or beautiful you package your opinions or whatever peripherals and software you use, no matter how disruptable your macro is, it doesn’t justify what you do is correct. If this clear enough?

And next, being a paying customer or not, doesn’t give you the autonomy of being unbannable in any case. In this case, it is clear that you have used scripts and peripherals to automate tasks (a.k.a botting) and henceforth you deserve the ban. It doesn’t matter whether you are a free-to-play player or someone who has sinked in over 9000 USD in DLCs/TP.

@Staff_Max I do hope that you look into this character Momohime, and ban that account too if it is a bot. I know you probably can only do it when there are concrete evidence, so do check Monohime out if it holds true. Please ban the account too. Having banned an obvious botter but having another one just right beside him leaves a bad taste to the other players too, sad to say.

Oh come on, be brave. I know you do care, if not you wouldn’t have created such a thread and actively trying in vain to defend your actions. Even your topic has already state your intent clearly.

5 Likes

I created this thread to call out the GM.

He banned me for macroing, while another bot was directly in his face the entire time he was testing to see if I was a bot.

A bot who has farmed 87MM silver.

You can say what you want, but when you’re given discretion on who you ban and who you don’t, and you willing choose to not ban a known RMT botter, it sends a message to the entire community.

They care more about banning players that use simple macros that players themselves can deal with over botters that RMT.

Thats true, some other girl has proven that with a video that they ban the actual players at a higher priority over the actual RMT farmers/botters

toobad shes banned too

IMC already made a statement that addons that offer abnormal functionality are bannable. What does that have to do with macroing?

They ban both. The difference being the players who macro/bot come on the forums to whine. The actual RMTers literally have atleast 20 accounts on standby if one actually does bite the dust, ready to jump back into the game and ready to be left undisturbed. So you don’t really get the presence that they’re ever going down.

That said though, people were complaining that “it was unefficient for a GM to run around banning people because innocents would get in the crossfire”, and with all of these threads I think I’ve really only seen evidence that one person was actually ‘wronged’, but there’s no real way to confirm it.