Tree of Savior Forum

Staff mages are very weak and dead, please fix it

I’ve tried all possible magic class combinations, all of which consume an abusive amount of mana, and wizards who use staff as their weapon simply give ridiculous pvp damage and below-average pve damage. Please fix this because this damn REbuild killed my favorite game class.
I do not want to use a crap shield to BE a medium wizard damage dealer, I want to use the weapon I like, that’s Staff, and I want to be enabled to go pvp and pve with a consistent damage like before REbuild. YOU KILLED THE MAGICIAN CLASS AND THis is A GREAT SHI (T)

agree, see how many wizards in tbl rank 20/30now… 2 or 3…
haven’t test pve yet coz i cannot find a good build as before, the skills of many wizards are either with funny LOW factors or bound to other class.

1 Like

Yeah I kinda feel like I HAVE to use rod and shield now, and the staff I had isn’t tradeable. Doesn’t feel worth it.

1 Like

Then use the weapon you like, no one forces you to run around with a shield.

1 Like

You understand whats going on here right? YOu are just kidding right? :tired:

Honestly it made no sense to give 1-hand rods built in quick cast when most games give 2-hand something to cast faster or use stronger skills.

1 Like

Well I don’t know how effective is is in the metagame but I ended up taking Chronomancer for the benefit of quick cast and its all around useful support skills. Slow is pretty good since it also heavily boosts the damage of magic missile and energy bolt (which now packs a decent punch), giving me a good low-sp cost damage alternative. Now I have decent cast times again on my Ele Warlock, plus pass and stop are good to have in a party.

So why is it that the wizards on Klaipeda using Staves are number 1 and 2 on the bernice rankings? You would think that if rod was so much better they would have switched to rod.

By your logic, why not exclude staffs from the game since now i must be a rod+shield user. At pvp mages arent doing great and at pve i can count on my fingers the mage classes that worth to pve now.Believe me, im not glad whith mages right now, they suffer alot with this REbuild thing.

It’s note the case of “Rod is better”. They are playing with Chrono, who have Quick Cast. OP was referring to other classes apart from Chrono, and that is where the Rod take the spot. -50% cast time attribute in Wiz base class is pretty good if you dont pick Chrono and have long cast Skills

It’s pretty bad. The only class that benefits from using Staff is Pyro. For all builds without Pyro, there’s almost no reason to pick Staff over a Rod. I hope that they give Staff a good mastery. Anyway, instead of just complaining, let’s start with ideas of a good Staff mastery:

• SP costs reduced by X%
  • X% cooldown reduction
  • X% of the target’s magic defense is ignored when dealing magic damage
  • X% bonus critical chance and Y% increased critical damage
  • X% of the Staff matk is added to the character’s pdef and mdef
  • No Staff mastery, IMC should increase all staves’ base matk instead
  • None of the above

0 voters

2 Likes

Forum need more players like you! Staff users need more ATK power.

The number 2 spot is a staff user without Chrono.

All of the above.

I think only staff vs rod have 1.2k-1.5k atk difference than other 2h vs 1h which around 1.7k-2k.

Two-handed vs One-handed

Sword: 25,51%

Staff: 19,98%

Bow: 19,81%

Mace: 25,66%

Spear: 25,51%

Staff has ± the same ratio as Bow vs Crossbow, and a little less than Spear,Sword and Mace.

Bringing Staff to the same level as the other weapons would result in Staff gaining exactly 241 more matk (so 482 at T10).

I don’t think making the scaling of Staff equal to Sword/Spear/Mace would solve the problem that people have.

It would probably be better to just delete the current Rod Mastery effect and add a new effect to it + create a similar attribute for Staff.

Casting time reduction should not be so readily available for Wizards anyway, better to keep it limited to Chronomancer and maybe a new option for enchant jewels.

hahahahaha yes ! You did it

The magician who wields a two-handed staff needs to have the highest damage of the game to compensate for the weakest defense that is standard for this type of character in any mmorpg. Even more with this automatic distribution of stats. This has always been the role of the mage in any mmorpg. The guy that stays away giving the absurd damage in area controlling the masses in the wars.

Staff 5 socket = 5 gem
If we use Lv 9 Gem then Matk 342 x 5 = 1710

Rod 3 socket + shield 3 socket = 6 gem
if we use Lv 9 Gem then Matk 342 x 6 =2052
And Rod Mastery -50% casting speed

it’s fair??