Tree of Savior Forum

Staff_Julie Appreciation Thread!

Julie the real MVP. :smiley:

1 Like

Shes probably moved on by now but thanks Julie and goodluck!

2 Likes

Maybe she sees this again :sob:

Good luck Julie!

1 Like

So the news have arrived on this thread as well… I was really sad to hear that. I thought I got lucky and got both interesting new mmorpg and awesome community manager who considers enough the players’ side too, somehow has the energy to write forum replies every now and then and has sense of humour. You will be missed by many :cry:

Good luck Julie! I rarely get impressed by other people’s work and effort but you truly were a shining presence on these forums. I’m sure you’ll be successful eventually with such motivation and attitude.

2 Likes

Bye @Staff_Julie … we’ll miss you :frowning:

You were quite honestly the best staff member. Why? Because; you actually cared about the players. This game will not be the same when you leave, the forums will become a gigantic mess…

Thank you @Staff_Julie <3 Thank you for everything…

4 Likes

Nice thread. Want to tell nice words not only Julie but all IMC people: you are AWESOME! Good job and have a good days!
AsAlwaysSomeCharactersAnd
BanBots24\7

1 Like

So Julie is leaving IMC? awesome… i mean… IMC already have a totally aweful CEO that manage to do the most stupid decisions i’ve ever seen in an mmo… staff members that are non-existent unless they’re forced to be on the forum, don’t give a F*** about the playerbase and seems to magically appear only to write either an useless joke or an “half answer” that almost never answer the player’s question… a seemegly aweful marketing department…

So yeah i guess it’s only natural that the only good member of the entire staff, CEO included, should leave… it’s just absolutly obvious she didn’t fit at all inside IMC.

Too bad tho… way too bad for the player.

Well why should i care? I stopped playing weeks ago… just came back because i read Julie is going away and she was the only person actually making the experience here at least a little ejoyable…

3 Likes

You previous reply was almost two days ago, are you sure this was the reason you came back? :unamused:

1 Like

Unpopular opinion: She was a bad worker. Continuously berated IMC, talked bad about IMC publicly(if you want to criticize your employer, you do it privately), promised things the devs could not do and gave wrong information without asking devs.

She just said what we were all thinking,anyway.

Other than that, she made helpful announcements, responded to tags, private messages, and the endless spam faster than anyone else.

Please tell me who else among the staff cared more, because I can’t think of anyone.

9 Likes

You are thinking as a consumer point of view tho. If you had ever run a business, you’d see why she wasnt a good “employee”.

Just an example, imagine if Riot Phreak started talking ■■■■/berating riotgames on his twitter/reddit/the lol forums(just stating platforms phreak usually uses), i’m 95% sure he’d be fired in a day. There are professional ways to do things. Even more so when u act as the “face” of the company.

Hell, there have been times riot employees have had to do public apologizes for talking about something they were not 100% sure was gonna happen, since they are not the CEOs/devs.

Yep, she was unprofessional, because, unfortunately, part of the job of a CM is to cover the sh*t of its employer.
But in case of imc, they are so unprofessional themselves that her job was reduced to that and only that. The only thing she could do was covering the neverending trollfest of imc, aka ignoring complaints or giving superficial answers, lying to the playerbase.

The problem you see, is that she had ethics. The main job of a CM is to be a link between the community and the company.
Since imc didn’t want that, they don’t care about what their playerbase think, it ended as it was fated : Julie wasn’t at her place at imc and she is now gone.

And I can’t see how someone could accept such a work.
Why would you want to CM for a company like imc ? A company that blatantly treats its clients as cashcows ?
I even wonder if, provided they had access to the same data as Julie, this forum’s whiteknights would accept such a job…

Now, back to the zero communication game !

There is a difference between saying “I’ll talk to the devs to see if this can be done” vs “We’ll do it for you, dont worry”. The first one still serves as a link between the community and imc, the 2nd one is making decisions she is not calificated to make. See the difference?

I see BS in either case.
How is this a link when the only thing you’re allowed to say is “I’ll see if they can do it for you” ? And again that would be lying, I doubt the devs/managers/CEO cared to what she had to say.
Btw, I wouldn’t be surprised if manager=CEO. That would explain a lot of things.

But obviously you’re fine with imc attitude, so I don’t know why I’m losing my time arguing with you…

Lol. Its obvious you’ve never owned a company. It doesnt matter if what IMC does is right or not, Julie was unprofessional. That was my whole point. The reasons for that dont matter.

That’s a crappy way of thinking from the start.

If I had an employee unhappy to that extent,I would see what I could do to improve the problem,to improve their outlook on the company.Happy employees make for a successful business.Then again I would also pay my employees livable wages and actually listen to them.Anyway…

It’s not like she talked badly of them every second she was here.She simply showed us some of her emotion/thinking with her employer,which is great compared to the automated BS responses/no regular posts you typically see in game forums.Julie went the extra mile to not only respond to concerns,but to show us she was a real person who cared about the game just as much as we did.There’s a reason she has so many fans,and I’m gladly one of them.

8 Likes

yeah all your business philosophies shet. that philososhiets that kills alot of game companies. they need to learn why communication is the most important in creating a good company.

i dont think julie did anything wrong (like your ‘example’). and shes the best staff tbh.

human before anything else.

6 Likes

Once again, all that needs to be dealt in a private manner. If you still cant understand where I am coming from, then lets agree to disagree. Any proof they are not being paid well? screenshots of their paycheck or something?

Do you also think every suggestion needs to be implemented/told to the devs? I’m p.sure the devs already know about most of the suggestions(circle reset, etc) but they probably wont implement many of those.

I’ve actually GM’d for RO private servers, every issue we had with the server/administration would have to be dealt on PMs/staff chats. So i know what it is to be the “link” between the DEVs and the community, there are things you need to do and some you should not do.

Edit: At least we are able to have a normal discussion, not like the other guy that goes and insults me

Thank you both sides for your opinions. I hope we can put our differences behind us and move forward as there’s a mountain to build right in front of us. I’ll be rooting for the success of Tree of Savior. :smile:

32 Likes