Tree of Savior Forum

šŸ’¬ What are you guys doing to prepare for the R8 patch and all the changes that comes with it?

Thought Iā€™d be able to get more ideas from you guys.

As from me:

• Iā€™ve moved all my boss cards to just one toon that Iā€™m sure will never have to stumble into 4-star+ maps.

• I now make it a habit to make sure blessed gems, shards, spell rods and hammer of dismantlement are transferred to personal storage.

• Iā€™ve moved my unused alts to lodge 2. Really helped cleaned up the default lodge (lodge 1).

• Uninstalled a few addons for compatibility testing later on (since the patch already includes some of the features they offer though weā€™re still not sure if the built-in ones are better; will test and see and I hope having both will not cause issues) namely: Guildmates by @Excrulon, Item Drops by Miei, and Mount 'er Good by @FiftyCaliber.

• Leveling normal gems for the new gear.

• Of course, Iā€™ll be updating our crowdsourced guide on ā€œMonster/location for new items/recipesā€. Please feel free contribute there. We appreciate everybodyā€™s help.

• Will check out @greyhiemā€™s post about the new in-game content that comes with the R8 patch/

##Whatā€™s keeping you busy for the new patch?

2 Likes
  • Moved all my cards to my Shinobi.
  • Stores silvers in team storage.
  • Max lv 100 magic arrow attributes
  • Store all the drop-upon-death item in personal storage.
  • crafted 5000 arrows for each type.
  • Farm Uoasis flower and make lv10 mana pot. Good luck buying some through the market for the next couple of day.
  • Exp tomes
  • bought a pack of soul crystals
  • Clean up my personal storage
  • Do my research for the new contents . Thanks again @greyhiem
2 Likes

Good luck with rank 8 class advancement quests everyone.
Do not get caught in squirrel mob infinite knockdown loops, get onliterated by new ranged potion thrower pag mobs, or hit a new worldboss solo.

Squirrels with spear-map was a popular ktos grind map.
Map with potion throwing mob was popular too.
Most ktos video grind featured these maps.

Do not forget to get a party to defeat the boss:

Backup TOS files.

Any idea which add on might cause some conflict with this patch? Should I just uninstall all of them?

Excrulon - Today at 3:35 PM
Iā€™ve ran addons on ktos since their last big patch
no conflicts with the ones I use
tho guildmates for sure is outdated

You might believe his words.

3 Likes

Thank you sir. :slight_smile:

Hmmmā€¦R8ā€¦ lets seeā€¦
Iā€™m preparing myself forā€¦

• Bugs that can last for monthsā€¦ including tons of bug reports

• Cheater/Exploiters, especially in TBL (maybe, Iā€™ll just sit and make bonfires), newer version of hook64

• Again, newer, better, smarter BOTS in new areas (with tons bot reports as well)

• Threads in this forums with ā€œOP R8 skill nerf plox IMCā€ in them etc

• Server crash, dungeon crash, random DC, cant re-enter party matched up, skill crash when casted in game

• MORE lag, fps drop etc

• 1 channel instead of 3 in certain maps

hue

2 Likes

Example new throwing potion mob grind map (pag pag)
https://youtu.be/shG1nOCKOrQ
Timeris

Example squirrel grind map

1 Like

Hot damn! And here I am just almost hitting R6 for my Scout3 farmer so I can up my mainā€™s attributes.

How much silver will you be carrying while on field? I always keep 100k on all my toons.

:joy_cat: Thanks for P. Barrier, IMC.

What @Triple_X quoted. Also: Item Drops by Miei, and Mount 'er Good by @FiftyCaliber

@Sorien is a visionary. Always ahead of his time. :smiley:

Channel numbers have been readjusted in some regions. - IMC

HUEHUEHUEHUE!

1 Like

Iā€™ve uninstalled all my add-ons. Iā€™ve double-checked to see if my ToS backup copy is still in my drive (I may have deleted it). I still backed up the current files on my Steam folder anyway. Completed the patch as of 11:38 AM (it auto patched nicely), I do expect more patches (micro/mini) to be applied prior to the servers going up.

Bracing myself for possible delays/setbacks; the usual. Also getting ready to be happily surprised if the server goes up before 6 PM.

Not touching any of the 280+ features just yet, anticipating something will break and Iā€™ll know about it right away from the unlucky fella (whiny shout from unfortunate victim).

Will probably only aim for this right away:

For any potential questions, the above means that once you do a 100% exploration on any of the new maps, you get the 3 EXP cards + 1 bonus EXP card. I do not know if itā€™s Lv12 or not. This ā€œmini-eventā€ starts later and ends alongside the Dumpling one.

XD Ill be carrying around 50k. Wonder if the silver drop rate upon death are percentage.

Carry 100 Silver, die, and get the exact percentage right away.

wasnā€™t it 10%(current silver) on 3 star map?.. gonna assume itā€™s about 15% on 4 star and up

Well some hoarded all the condensed sp pots in marketā€¦I wished I have done thatā€¦fuk I already have an instinct to do that earlierā€¦but stubborn me is stupidšŸ˜‚

No alchemist2 going alch3 on your server? Higher level pot and gem roast

nothing bcuz my main is stuck waiting for miko :wink:

I am from varenaā€¦so sure there are lots of alche3 ā€¦
I hope I can buy sp pots later less than 1kā€¦or atleast see an sp potā€¦if that thenā€¦I just might settle for npc sp pots again for nowšŸ˜‘

1 Like

Actually no, i donā€™t see much alch 3 more than 265. @_@ā€¦ a handful only.

:sweat: I should do that as well, but my situation is worst than yours, main a sorcā€¦

1 Like