Tree of Savior Forum

SP Consumption will kill the playerbase

Alchemist SP pots were changed, from 917 to 1288 SP recovery, 30% less weight and 15 seconds CD.

This means you can recover 280% SP of the SP you could recover before Re:build within 30 seconds.

SP pots are cheap by the way. Uosis now drop like weeds on maps because of the mob density increase, and you only need 3 Varnalesa,1 Flask and 1 Uosis for 5 potions.

Since a Flask costs 120 silver and 3 Varnalesa cost 375 silver, each lvl 15 Condensed SP Potion costs exactly 99 silver to craft. If you can’t afford that/are not willing to do so, you’re just a cheapskate.

2 Likes

SP pots are cheap by the way

stop bullshiting, lv15 condensed sp pots are nearly double the price of what they were on the market.

If you can’t afford that/are not willing to do so, you’re just a cheapskate.

And you’re retarded expecting everyone to have the silver to chug down sp pots like water.

Or a new/returning player not having fun due to needing to either level an Alchemist and farm just to play the class one actually wants to play, or farm ridiculous amount of money just to play normally like you were able to in any other game.

A friend of mine already quit, specifically and solely because of this. One can play harder games, like Path of Exile, with less pointless farming just to play normally. Even in the meme-difficult games like Dark Souls I don’t have to farm for while to get the consumables so I can then play properly. I can just play.

The reliance on SP pots is a bad design choice.

5 Likes

Its just dissapointing b/c I was looking forward to getting more players back with re:build. Even though I am primarily a solo player / heavy farmer its very frustrating playing any game with an active player base of roughly 1k.

Its similar to playing a solo self found league on Path of Exile b/c nothing you ever really need is available to buy, the auction house is always empty and what is there is controlled by the same handful of whales at fixed whale prices.

I cant imagine very many of the players that quit this game atleast once, if not twice already came back to this raging dumpster fire that is re: build and were like “omg, they really figured it out, I think ill quit my current mmo and come back to this”.

I don’t know how up-to-date you guys are with the game, but the consumable vendors in all cities now have different sized SP Potions available that can be used in between each other’s cooldowns. So, while let’s say the large sized sp Potion is on its cooldown, you’re able to used middle sized sp Potions. They’re cheaper than alchemist Potions right now and had their cooldowns and weight reduced with rebuild.

Yes but as many have stated specifically to that point;

“So your telling us we now have to carry 3 different stacks of SP Potions and chain drink them all off cooldown just to be able to play the game?!”

Sit back and think on that for a moment, your casual, solo friendly game where the main thing there is to do is farm, now requires 547 sustain hoops just to be able to farm.

That is why so many people, and YES, its ALOT of people are very upset. This isnt like 6 “whiny” people just all making the same posts or burning megaphones in game. The vast majority of people are not pleased with this mess atm.

1 Like

This is similar to what killed Marvel Heroes. That patch that redesigned the skill system from fast regening Mana with no skill cooldowns allowing people to spam fun skills everywhere to everything having long cooldowns and being much slower gameplay from there. Skills are more fun than AAing or whatever you expect us to do. We already have 90% of the Scout population running BM just cuz its the only class that can kill stuff without SP.

Never having Mana to use your skills just isn’t fun. Spamming pots every cooldown and still running out of Mana isn’t fun x2. People who were fine spamming pots aren’t fine now and people who chose to do SPR builds (me) because that what was more fun to them are even worse off. I personally don’t like consumable spam gameplay in any MMO anyways which is why I built against it. To me it just isn’t fun.

Well low population or not the market will always be terrible in this game and never have what you need cuz of the limit 1 item list at a time. No one will ever list crafting mats over the one high priced equipment piece they find.

2 Likes

Most of us use tokens though tbh, I can understand like 8-10mil sounding crazy to a new player but its actually quite easy to farm silver here, its very farm friendly, if you need tips on farming silver for one just whisper me in game.

But anyways most folks can list 10 items, in the old days of founder’s we had a TON of people playing and the market board was popping all the time, I understand we wont ever see those days again but was legit hoping to retain some of the folks that came back.

On the third day I can re-evaluate the whole SP situation. It’s not that bad (tho I’m not defending it, having SPR not increasing SP stat is dumb and I hate it). But the golden rule should be - have LESS SKILLS. Like literally. Max the most hit-like-truck skills, give up on filler skills. And use squire food. Im using around 3-4 regular SP pots during velpopo run and no pots at all while farming in HG with scout.

With my falconers - I totally gave up on Pre-emptive and voila - dont suffer from severe SP lack even tho archers tend to have a lot of skills in rotation.

1 Like

You really overestimate your numbers and underestimate how massive the economy impact is.

Dont get overconfident, you dont even have a token bud. I have 1,600 hours logged and have guides on @jchsc32 with over 73,000 views, been at this a bit longer.

I really like this game but I have to admit, this game has a really bad marketing and PR team.

If only IMC can fix the bad reputation that ToS has to the players. Then market the game effectively, then number of players will grow.

All IMC is doing right now is to get feedback from us then fix things up and try to improve the game. No signs of PR work and marketing strategies.

I think IMC will be a good subject of study for PR and marketing research.
Sorry for my harsh words IMC, but still I like ToS soooo I will still play and try to enjoy the game.

And the perfect example of that is, during their largest and most important update admist all the major bugs, players losing all thier items, massive lag, mass hysteria and confusion, there idea of a support system was to just let @Crevox use all his megaphones to tell people in shout every 30seconds to delete their Windrunners.

I dont want to hear “GMs are there, they are just quietly behind the scenes working on things”, you are describing Santa’s elves, a GM at some point should be available and interact with the community.

I consider myself casual and took an almost year long pause…

Yes I know you got triggered when you saw me reveal my secret identity but lets not start that again, we flamed each other enough in the old days bud, been back 5 weeks now =), have left you alone.

Trigger… what are you 10 :expressionless:

when you saw me reveal my secret identity

Jokes on you, my memory suck so your identity WAS secret…

1 Like

anyways, not impressed, you guys stay logged in for weeks on end now to farm popo points, I quit like 2 years ago dude, get over yourself

:haha: says the one bragging about his time played…

:prince: but am kind, I shall let you have the one and only tear…

so go ahead…

1 Like

What game all of you talking about?
#WhatGame/////

You bring up a great point.
Many people overlook how easy it is to get an alchemist to brew your own pots now as you can select it as soon as you hit your first class advancement and aren’t stuck to leveling 5~6 previous ranks now.

Even if you are too lazy to make your own alchemist, farm the materials and ask someone from your guild or a friend to make potions for you if you don’t want to spend silver to buy them from the market.