Tree of Savior Forum

South America server [SA] Means only one Server for LatinAmerica?

Continuing the discussion from Request to Transfer to the SA Server Open:

I’m glad that finally we have a server for hispanic people, but I want to know before to do the transfer. Should I wait for a Mexican or Latin North America server?
Is SA the only LatinAmerica server they’re going to make?
Thanks.

1 Like

“”""""""“hispanic”"""""""

1 Like

I do not know if you already revealed the location of the server (probably in Brazil) but hopefully this in America center so that we do not kill the ping, though I doubt they thought of us Mexicans.
sorry for my english.

1 Like

I’m actually trying to confirm the location, but based on AWS possibilities I would say yes. They will open a server in Brazil and, if needed, they may open more in the same location. (specially after F2P)

Also, people will probably complain with you because of the “hispanic”, as many don’t consider brazilians as hispanic. But this is subject to discussion, I’m not intending to be rude or anything, just to avoid problems :slight_smile:

No offense my man, but when it comes to ping, if any of the NA server are located somewhere on the west coast you are golden, even though i think the servers are on the East coast. There’s not need for a Mex or NA Hispanic server.

As the others said, more than likely is geared towards BR, so the server would be there most likely.

Its a shame that servers get located at Brazil cause every other hispanic country has a thrashy route to Brazil:

It start at your country, then go directly to miami, then it comes back to brazil and its send again to miami. That, my friends, make the ping to skyrocket like hell.

Wish they count on it for any country besides Brazil :confused:

1 Like

is it located in brazil after all? i’ve been after that info/

“Also, people will probably complain with you because of the “hispanic”, as many don’t consider brazilians as hispanic”

We are not hispanic.

2 Likes

Simple, lets see: Brazil has the second big community and they are going to MOVE ALL (at least almost) to SA Server. Its more than fair to have the server IN BRAZIL. Beside if the server were located at Argentina for example, we woudnt lose lots of latency. I mean if you live in South East, South and some parts of North but, for ppl that lives in North East (and yes theres a lots of players) would be a little difficult. They already get MS lost for server at Sao Paulo, cant imagine at Argentina. Also if the servers goes to Sao Paulo, ppl from Argentina and Chile for example, would be able to play with a good ping as well. This happen in CSGO, where Chinelos and Argentinos play at Brazilian Servers with a good and decent latency

2 Likes

its not a hispanic server at all
Correct definition is South America and period (.)

1 Like

This is how we see it. The Hispanic term has different definitions and we make part in one of them. I was researching about it a month ago, it’s pretty interesting, but overall BR and US don’t see brazilians as hispanic nor latins, so…

I live in Punta Arenas, even if the server where at Chile i have 100 ping.
Just because of that i have ssatelital internet so that my ping is like 100 - 120 wherever the server is cause it makes direct route to it.

Just saying that my experience before satelital internet was that my ping (more accuarate the route) that i have with ports at Brazil sucks.

Im not saying at all “■■■■ brazucas and give us server in insert country”. Its just that if they put a server at Brazil, be sure that the company where its located dont have that stupid route so that we ping directly to the server at brazil and that it doesnt go to miami.

PD: I dont play CS:GO so i cant tell you that. I played like HoN and LoL before regional servers at SA. Even Dota2 force you to do that route when servers are too busy…

No man, the term is the same everywhere. And you are using it the wrong way.

The correct modern term to identify Portuguese and Spanish cultures under a single nomenclature is “Iberian”, and the one to refer to cultures derived from both countries in the Americas is “Iberian-American”. These designations can be mutually recognized by people in Portugal and Brazil, unlike “Hispanic”, which is totally void of any self-identification in those countries, and quite on the opposite, serves the purpose of marking a clear distinction in relation to neighboring countries´ culture.

Do you have a Blizzard game, like D3? It uses the same AWS server that IMC will probably use.

To clarify,
The word refers to “Hispania,” the Roman name for what is today known as the Iberian peninsula, which at the time included Portugal.

That’s the definition I was saying places Brazilians as hispanic. However, it’s subject to discussion, this is all I said before. I didn’t say that it was either right or wrong, just that there are solid arguments for both sides. You, however, are saying I am wrong and that what you think is set in stone, even tho I actually said I don’t classify ourselves as hispanic as well.

EDIT: to add

“Hispanic as an ethnonym that denotes a relationship to Spain or, in some definitions, to ancient Hispania, which comprised the Iberian Peninsula including the modern states of Andorra, Portugal, and Spain and the British Crown Dependency of Gibraltar. Today, organizations in the United States use the term to refer to persons with a historical and cultural relationship either with Spain and Portugal or only with Spain.”

after all, where will be the server SA Anyone know?

BRAZIL THE BIGGEST WE NEED A SERVER :grin::yum::heart_eyes::sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

dunno im sure mexicans are welcome to play on the NA servers. The SA server should be made as conveniently accessable as possible to brazilians so they stay away from the NA servers. :stuck_out_tongue:

Biggest spammers and worst community.

but with the free access account(boleto or wathever is called exploit) even uruguay would be the biggest community despite being a 3 million country soo that graphic isn’t quite right, the server will be related to steam and if is steam i’m pretty sure they would not pick brasil as his first choice, once for cost and two for security.

143 accounts for the boleto exploit, most of them from the same owners. Do you really think this justifies the high number of brazilians?

What’s the security problems? It’s the same amazon standards on the servers, with Steam/ToS security measures as in all the other servers.

If we have 40 unique brazilians talking in portuguese for 1 mexican talking in spanish, we have the same proportional number :slight_smile:
Aside from that, spam is a problem in Brazil, yes, but at least we are not know for botting, atacking servers and etc :x

You mean stay away from you <3

4 Likes