Tree of Savior Forum

Sorry, but i think im done with ToS already

So many things in this game are anti fun that its not even funny, has none of the korean devs learned an ounce of moddern game design?

1. You cant send silver to your alts, so if i want to play a alt he has to completely start from scratch and its like i havent even been playing another character for 30+ hours

2. No way to respec your circle, so if you pick one circle and find that it sucks you have to completely start over, which makes the first problem even worse because you are now dirt poor and cant even afford to feed your pet

3. boters, hackers, P2W is rampant before the games even officially released, probably the biggest problem of all is this game now has no future due to the economy and the world being ruined by cheaters, whill IMCgames only encourages this behavior by puting limits on dungeons and everything else you can do in the game

4. 5% drop rates on items, and they are ONLY in dungeons, with 3 dungeon per day limitā€¦this makes no sens and is just a artificial way to force people to buy ā€œremove dungeon limitā€ scrollsā€¦complete p2w scheme and anti fun practice

Its 2016, why have games so limiting and anti fun for the consumer? Why would I not go play FFXIV which costs less money and is a much better game? please korean devs get a ā€œmodern mmo design for dummiesā€ book and learn about making MMOs fun because it feels like you have made ZERO progress when designing MMOs

19 Likes

ā€œSorry, but i think im done with ToS alreadyā€

Donā€™t be sorry people leaving will maybe make IMC realize they need to change things, and maybe the game will become worth playing. Check back in a few months see if they smarten up.

8 Likes

Bye, Felicia.
Donā€™t look back, this place is not for you, Felicia.

10 Likes

You canā€™t even buy instance dungeon reset scrolls from the TP Store.
You can in another MMO like Aion though.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb209/redninja4/Galaxy%20Angel/mintears2.gif

3 Likes

Wellā€¦ according to steam stats the peak of players for ToS is already decreased by about 5.000 players, probably even moreā€¦ i actually think itā€™s about 10.000 but iā€™m not sure i remember that first days peak players number correctly so iā€™ll just stick to the 5k.

Numbers that should make people thinkā€¦

5 Likes

Is it possible to transfer your items from your other characters using team storage? Sorry, not a token user here. :frowning:

itā€™s kind of a joke reallyā€¦ you have only ONE slot for the team storageā€¦ and that item still lose potential like if it was traded to someone else.

you canā€™t transfer to alts if youā€™re not a token owner, but apparently IMC made a new post about trading at a 1:1 rate without a token. Not sure what theyā€™re planning on doing.

I see, my point for that question is because the thread starter doesnā€™t have ways to send his silvers to his new character. Why not send talts or useless recipe so he can have his silver. Lel.

Team storage svcks as you have mentioned. I hope they will change it too.

Numbers that show the amount of players that thought of this game as another ā€œtheme parkā€ where everything would be handed to them for little to no effort. OP is prime example.

7 Likes

Iā€™ll make an exampleā€¦ letā€™s say that the OP has a squire.

A squire job, most of the time, is beeing i ntown, AFK, with the shop openā€¦ TRYING to make money (very hard since the stupid 50% tax IMC did put on crafting classes and that they need to sell at 5x more money then NOCs but wathever)-

His squire is mostly used only for silver incomeā€¦ heā€™s not going to use it as a main character for dungeons and grinding.

But here comes the awesome team storageā€¦ and the poor crafter canā€™t share his earnings with the rest of the team because silver canā€™t be traded to alts via the team storageā€¦ and the fact that you can give some items really dosnā€™t helo because wellā€¦ the squire gets payed with silver and not with items.

See the point? ^^

1 Like

I understand. Did IMC made a statement on why they implement that? I canā€™t think of any reason why they did that. I think your own team should not be penalized by their own restriction for bot and gold sellers.

This post is frankly irritating to me and reeks of elitism.

1. As much as I personally dislike that casual style of MMO genre, I donā€™t think itā€™s a valid reason to hold an elitist attitude with regard to peopleā€™s gaming personal preferences. I like traditional style MMOs, others like more instant gratification. So be it.

2. In the first place, not everyone has left because they simply preferred a casual style of gaming. You fail to consider that a sizable amount of that ā€˜numberā€™ could very well be completely unrelated to whether this game was a theme park style or not.

3. Following from point 2, some of them are likely to have left because of legitimate complaints - like trading restrictions. Your post downplays the important flaws that plagues this game which is why it is irritating to me, and frankly, unhelpful.

I donā€™t agree with some of OPā€™s points and I find that some of them are flawed and not objective. Nevertheless, if you look beyond that, there are some valid criticisms that have been raised which we shouldnā€™t ignore. So I think itā€™s important to pick up on those and work on it. That ad hominem attack on OP was not constructive either.

10 Likes

People complaining about 5% drop ratesā€¦jesus christ. Ragnarok cards were 0.01%.

Thatā€™s 1 in 20 vs 1 in 10000. And some of them were even mandatory for pvp.

6 Likes

~grabs popcorn~ this is great reading material, keep it up!

2 Likes

I agree on thisā€¦ although i think that the complain itself is not really about the drop rate but about the fact that youā€™re FORCED not to keep farming them.

Let me explain better what i meanā€¦ with a 0,01% drop rate that i also experienced on other old games the items are extremly hard to find BUT the players had the freedom of choosing to spend entire days farming or not.

With a 5% drop rate like now wellā€¦ itā€™s true the item are easier to drops BUT the players have no freedom to decide to keep farming or not because the game itself forces you to stop after 2-3 daily tries.

Personally iā€™d prefer free runs with a lower drop rate then limited runs with a 5% drop rate because iā€™m all for the most possible freedom of choiseā€¦ but this is a personal opinion only.

I played RO for years and Iā€™m very familiar with games that wonā€™t hold your hand. However, thereā€™s a big difference between having all handed to you in a silver plate and really silly restrictions.

For example, I should be encouraged to make new characters instead of punished. With the current system you cannot share wealth with your alts, if you transfer items they lose potential (which could be a huge issue on high end items), a Falconer takes an extra slot, and so on.

Why I or anyone should be forced to play a certain class to make a guild?

Not having a way to trade items between your party, at very least, it does make not sense at all. Why I cannot give my friend or random party member a drop that they can use but I cannot? This is just bad design.

The matchmaking system for the dungeons is really bad. How come I get the better deal out of it if I queue alone? It should encourage me to group up and play with my friends and guild members.

Group questing is oddly implemented when not everyone started at the same time a quest line.

Spawn rates are just wrong. In my personal opinion, monsters spawning on waves force a dull and unappealing combat: all standing in the same place doing nothing until the next wave spawns.

The game is unusually linear for an MMO.

Combat is dull and not engaging, at least for the first 100+ levels.

I donā€™t know, this is one weird MMO where many of the classic social aspect of the genre are lacking or missing. And yes, Iā€™m a token user myself so I donā€™t experience some of these issues. However, I really do think that F2P users should not be driven away by bad design and stupid restrictions, rather encouraged to play.

There are plenty of games that are completely F2P, have a really well polished cash shop and are extremely successful (ie League of Legends, Path of Exile). They should take notice of some many complains, take a step back, take a look at the many improvements the MMO game had over the past decade, adjust their business model and game for a western public and things will get much better.

I wonā€™t be supporting this game for now, but I do like the fact that they are at least listening to some complaints. Iā€™m not a salty user, Iā€™m too old for that, I just want this game to do well, because I really believe that it has great potential, but Iā€™m afraid of the F2P launch because it will bring many new and potential customers, and you can only make a first impression once.

7 Likes

I get youā€¦but that freedom can be quite unhealthy, especially on doing mindless tasks such as non-stop grinding. Most of the old RO players have grown up and canā€™t just throw their hours at the game anymore.

If weā€™re talking true freedom, then players should have easy access to everything in order to facilitate all playstyles, but that doesnā€™t happen, and with good reason.

This is actually one of my main worries tooā€¦ the way i see it at the moment a lot of PAYING users already left, other are planning to leaveā€¦ with PAYING only customers the reviews went from ā€œvery goodā€ to ā€œmixedā€ in only some daysā€¦ and with only PLAYING customers we have a lot of complains about the game featureā€¦ and we should remember the F2P players will have even worste restrictions to deal with.

My fear is that if the game stay the way it is now when it goes F2P, the new pleyrs will hit the game with negative reviews and complain like a storm destroying the reputation of the game forever in the ā€œinternet worldā€ā€¦ and a bad reputation for an mmo is really bad usually.

WIth the restrictions we have atm i can see at least 80-90% of the F2P playerbase rioting against IMC and ToS sadlyā€¦ even tho ofc i hope iā€™m wrong about this.

Know what? this is something i absolutly used to love about the first Guild Warsā€¦ and i know it was a buy to play game but i really want to use it as an exampleā€¦ the thing i remember the more about that game was that everyone could play the game on the exact same level reguardless of the drops and the equipments because the rare ones were actually only for style and prestige and didnā€™t influence at all statistics and strenghtā€¦ and people were happy!

They were happy because it was fine for everyoneā€¦ who had little time could compete anywayā€¦ and who had a lot more time for grinding and such could show off with that awesome set of armor that so few people had and that made them look so coolā€¦ even tho the stats were exactly the same.

I really wish this would have been used by a lot more games after that :stuck_out_tongue:

Still my own personal opinionā€¦ or ā€œmy 2 centsā€ as people say ^^

1 Like