Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer needs a few changes

List of problems that make Sorcerer not a good choice for many reasons:

• Summoning doesn’t use skills anymore. I’ve heard summons were good when they used their skills, I think with control spells at C2 their AI should be able to use skills again when able, bosses do it, why would your summoned boss not do so?

• Summoning stops your SP regen. (This is stupid, if you don’t want afkemists just make it disappear after 5 minutes or something)

• Summoning drains 3% SP per second. (So, 1 rank in this class makes SPR useless, also this one+ ranks make you spend WAY more SP potions, for a not that great of a strenght)

• Summon Salamion is not good enough for a rank 5 skill.

• Familiar and buffing cat are good but I still have a few suggestions for those. Familiar doesn’t really give enough hits to make up for the fact of being the only Sorc DPS skill at C2 (remember that’s rank 6). Cat should give all buffs at once, there’s simly no reason for it not to do so, the att could be this instead of just giving them faster.

• I like how you need Sorc C2 for summon control, as it would take some sort of training to be able to control demons. The real problem is you waste a whole rank on a class where all you get is 4 skills to control 1 of your previous skill, that sounds really stupid doesn’t it?

• Sorc C3 is just bad.

• About Sorc C1 having a stupid Summon. I don’t believe the class should be as good as having full control at C1 but you could have something like Alt+T from ragnarok, which made your pet switch into follow-only/attack-what-moves modes.

1 Like

Ughh thats bad to hear… My actual plan was heading Wiz>PyroC1>LinkC2>SorcC2>WL/Feather. But if Sorc really is so bad what would be my options after all. Atm i am Wiz>PyroC1>LinkC1… So still time to get Sorc not at all. But what or the choices then?

Help appreciated

This makes me sad i was going to grab a level of sorc since boss summons seemed like a nifty idea but if it kills sp regen that’s a deal breaker for me.

It’s not a bad class, all of it’s skills are good but all of them can be improved since they cost a lot, don’t have yet a good intelligence and takes at least 2 ranks to be actually used.

The SP drain should be 1% per second as the recovery is already stopped.

Summon should use skills.

Ride should make summon take damage instead of you.

Attack Ground should be C1 skill.

Salamion should have it’s atts apread around it as it’s not very good at attacking.

Familiar and buffing cat are good, just make it cast all buffs at once at make them somehow scale with level maybe?

Sorc C3 is really bad, Sorc C2 needs one more realiable damage/summon skill or good buff spell, C3’s skills are not good enough, but I haven’t really seen rthem tested, It’s just what I’ve heard.

You can use Summon without control but you can’t kite, you can only walk maybe so the summon doesn’t follow you.

@STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_John @STAFF_Shawn

BUMP. The no-sp recovery is killing me. Not to mention, I invested a lot of SPR only to be handicapped by it.