Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

You need CON in addition to SPR for healthy summon after rank 10 changes. Summon HP is very low after the change, so be prepared to farm the new accessory set at fantasy library if you want to bring summon to difficult content. Linker3 is better for damage (vs boss) and support for party, sorc3 to heal your summons. New sorc3 skills are not worth, desmodus debuff is a 5s duration and evocation is still bad.

1 Like

i thought summons were getting tankier for R10?

1 Like

Sorc summon is definitely less HP after R10 patch, due to scaling changes. Summon HP scales on your own maximum HP, and excludes HP buffs (no squire food, no ein sof).
Necro summons were always low HP and low cooldown so the scaling change for necro did not matter a lot.

Sorc Summoningā€™s HP scaling is 600% + (skill level x 50%) of your own maximum HP. Lower level summoning skill means low HP.
You may view the other HP scalings for sorc here and for necro here .

Recommend getting the new accessory for summoners from fantasy library raid after rework to get tankier summons. Hybrid caster/summoner will be forced to pick this accessory set for healthy summons, or pick a set for damage.

For casual content the salamionā€™s healing of sorc3 will keep all summons alive sufficiently. Salamionā€™s own HP is quite low.

Sorc/necro is possible at difficult party content. Ask cleric to turn on Healing for Summons attribute to keep them alive. Revive buff of priest helps summons too. You just need to keep summon alive until your cooldown allows you to resummon when they die.

2 Likes

so summoners are just gonna dump everything into con and rely on magic damage from weapons like everyone else

kinda lame, all they have to do for necro is reduce the CD on skele so they are reliable

fantasy raid will be full of summoners in the parties, i expect lag when 3+ necro sorcs join lol.

1 Like

If you want to lose a lot of summon dmg and be useless, sure.

No, people will go max SPR and also get con from gear, like other classes do.

2 Likes

Recommend high/full SPR for damage (and SPR & CON from gear). Donā€™t worry too much about summon HP after patch even if it is lower. They are not likely to get one hit killed unless owner is running around with 30k HP and level 1 summon skill HP scaling at difficult content. Cleric heals can keep summons alive, summons are affected by several buffs, and morph or re-casting summoning is possible to get a new fresh summon too.

Cleric heal was able to keep summon alive (of sorc3 enchanter3). Also notice the summoning skill and morph are off cooldown, so even if it would die you just summon a new one.

1 Like

not worried about sorc,
i think necro will suffer from these changes more than sorc.

1 Like

Thank you for all responses to my question! :slight_smile:

So a Necro who plays 99% solo and doesnā€™t do any raid/dungeon content is better off with Sorc3?
I find all the things you said really interesting, but I just donā€™t do any content that requires a party since party play makes the game unplayable for me (with effect on it lags too much for me to play, with effects off I donā€™t see healing tiles and just die) and I just donā€™t find it very fun, either, I guess. I hope I will be able to solo Fantasy Library somehowā€¦
None of my Sorcs has any Con, so Iā€™m a bit worried nowā€¦ :confused:

1 Like

For solo, linker3 is stronger for bossing too. Spirit shock of linker3 is strong. Casual mob farm take sorc3 on your build (there are more options, however right now I just consider sorc3 vs linker3 for you).

You need the necklace to get knockback immune summons. The complete 2x bracelet + neck set grants bonus HP and def to summons. I donā€™t recommend solo fantasy library because the boss is difficult to solo. Intense graphic effects and freeze. Tried dispeller and oracle but they could not block the freeze chain of the boss. Fastest way is to get a party and burst boss quickly. Try to join a party even if you have to turn off graphic effects to prevent big lag. Perhaps a nice party is willing to bring you even if you cannot perform at 100%.

If you solo you will likely have to beat 6 froster lords by yourself.

Even 3 frosters could lock this poor dragoon for several seconds.

3 Likes

I already have a Wiz1-Cryo3-Sorc2-Linker3 who will obviously take Sorc3 simply because everything else needed is already there, so if you think thereā€™s another option for my Necro please lemme know; I would like some variety.

Also wow, that boss looks crazy. Also that HP, oof. I never did Fantasy Library before, so I wouldnā€™t even know whatā€™s going on in there right now, but I thought that with the 260 (I think?) Level requirement I could solo the thing. Well, apparently not. :confused: I also read somewhere that Froster Lord is getting a Demon Lord Froster Lord card (and I really want that one for summoning), so I guess itā€™s appropriate that things are hellish in there and Iā€™ll just not solo it, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I really appreciate all the advice, thank you so much!

1 Like

Sorc3 + Necro3 is fine for rank 10 on cryo1 linker2 build. Salamion will heal your skeletons and shoggoth too. New fantasy library is for level 330+. Yes the new card is for summoners.

1 Like

Alright, thank you so much, I will run a test with Sorc3 first then (maybe we get lots of resets, then I can test everything actually)! And wow, 330ā€¦ I just read up about it, it requires Raid Stones, tooā€¦ well, not for me, then. Gonna wait until someone sells the set and card, I guessā€¦ time to save upā€¦
I actually think the card effect isnā€™t all that stellar. I just want to summon a colorful Froster Lord, so the card would go straight into my Grimoire, just like my Legendary Helgasercle.:sweat_smile:

I stopped playing during a year and Iā€™m returning now, I love playing summoner classes and Iā€™m thinking about going Wiz3>Thauma1>Sorc3>Necro3 and I need some advice xD

Hereā€™s the build Iā€™ve got so far: https://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/pwfrjb1wer/

Iā€™m not sure about anything on this build, Iā€™m still working on it hahahahahah

What do you guys think?

I have some questions about this build according to the new R10 update:

1- Since familiar will get nerfed, would it be better to invest just 1 point in it and go all in Salamion (because of his new healing ability)?

2- Desmodus, beside buffering Familiar, Skeletons and Corpse Tower damage, will it also buff Sorcā€™s devil and Necroā€™s Shogoth?

3- Would it be better to invest 1 point in Evocation instead of Summon Familiar?

4- Now that Necro has a new debuff (Bane), is it okay to invest only in Flesh Strike or should I also invest some points in Flesh Canon and Flesh Hoop?

Sorry for all those questions, Iā€™m really lost D:

salamion dont heal you! its bug? only summon

Hey guys,
while testing new builds to my Sorc, I noticed that my summon does like triple damage (from 30k to almost 90k per hit) against enemies frozen by Frost Pillar (and frost pillar only). Is it intended? Couldnā€™t find it pinpointed anywhere. The build is Wiz1-Cryo3-Sorc3-Ench3 and I use Hydras.
Thx

Here, some pics I took in Siaulai. The damage was actually increasing each attack

This is a known bug since the update that is going to be fixed.

Itā€™s only supposed to heal your summons. The text will be corrected.

Oh, ok then. Thanks.

Hmm, after much build testing as a W3,???,Sorc3,omny3. Iā€™m stuck at deciding between thaum/linker/cryo/kino/pyro/ele. Thaum is is good for buffing your petā€™s dmg + yours, but it gets over shadowed by a thauma 3 when you have a thauma 3 in the group for legend raids and so. Linker 1 is somewhere in the middle, because its 5 targets + 1 from gem to make it 6/7. Cryo imho, not the best choice since youā€™ll only be using to cc, but thats all. Dmg from it is okay. Kino1 is in the same spot as cryo. Pyro 1 with synergy from omny is not worth it, since 10 sec uptime on firefox to cast overheat fireball with 6 sec CD. ele was a good choice but that was because of its OP hail damage and thats it. lol,. So at the moment, iā€™m like, still debating which filler circler would be better. any suggestions? lol. wiz 3/sorc3/omny3 is locked in perma for the build. just finding that filler for r4 would be nice.

Maybe u can go RC.
R of destruction will buff the damage of magic type attack summons and your onmy skills.
Or Necro1 for decay debuff to up the dmg of templeshooter. Even if u get shadowed by a thauma3, is not all the time u will have one, so, the left arm buff is still useful for all the others situations.