Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

It has less to do with how strong Crevox’s build is and more to do with his +27 trans 9 (maybe trans 10 now) weapon with 3 level 9 blue gems socketed.

I was stage 39 with my old weapon which was significantly worse. Equipment helps just like with any character, but the build is what is important. Other wizards around stage 40 have similar equipment to what I have.

Don’t go off-topic.

1 Like

Someone was asking how your build beat the usual meta dps wiz build, and gear is the answer. It is not off topic and don’t get all defensive, nobody is attacking you?..

Because it’s a good build. It’s off-topic because the discussion is not about me, it’s about the build. Yes, I do have good equipment, just like any other Wizard that is around stage 40, regardless of server; that much is a given to reach that stage.

No matter how good your equipment is, not every build can reach that high of a stage, and the fact this one did says something about its effectiveness.

1 Like

Err but you’re someone with the build and comparisons were being made to the meta warlock build, so it IS relevant, you’re just for some reason getting offended.

Your weapon is also the highest enhanced staff in Klaipeda and how well a build scales with gear is also fair game for discussion, so instead of getting butthurt when someone mentions you, maybe you should share your experiences as someone who invested into that character heavily and can likely compare it to the elememe playstyle/experience with the same gear (if maybe you have an elememe and transfer that gear around).

It could be slightly misleading to newer players to say that the build is top in that dungeon without mentioning the gear.

Asking me about my build and my experiences is one thing, and saying “it has less to do with the build and it’s just about the gear” is a whole other thing.

Like I said, it should be a given that good equipment is needed to be high ranked in content that tests your character’s abilities, even for a new player.

You can keep saying this but it doesn’t make it true. I won’t entertain this any further. Please stay on topic.

I find the build to be strong and effective in support, aoe DPS, and single target DPS. It’s my main character, I’ve been playing Sorcerer since beta and I’ve landed on this build as my favorite. It works great in challenge mode, Velcoffer, and farming. It gets much stronger with support from others, or even just having a single party member around so you can use Spiritual Chain (as this is impossible in Bernice). It also does decent in PVP because it has a lot of powerful tools.

I do also have an elelock, but the character has minimal investment in things it would need to compete on a level that would give me a fair comparison (attributes, quests, stats, etc). I enjoy the playstyle of Sorcerer much more.

3 Likes

k, if you think it’s off topic to make a direct reply to someone’s question then that’s your problem.

That’s a much better response than trying to be mr. forum police.

4 Likes

i think ride on marnox crush life line, and you dont use combo -link+ cast aoe marnox

So… a rainbow build with Crevox’s gear should be able to do the same thing, right? Wait, no, it doesn’t quite work like that.

Anyways, has anyone played with the immobile Summons? Are any of them any good? I’m looking for something like Gorkas or Marnox… but immobile.

R10+Velco Staff+New Summoner accessories maybe

third place?) :roll_eyes:

It depends on the situation, but there is always time to jump on Marnox, use his skills, jump off, and recast Spiritual Chain into Lifeline. Lifeline ends before Spiritual Chain does and Spiritual Chain comes off cooldown long before it ends. You just need to be sure that you don’t hold your DPS cooldowns (Spirit Shock/Shadow Thorn) and keep those on cooldown during a boss DPS scenario. In a mobbing scenario with a summon like Gorkas, his skills are exceptional for clearing out the area, as are Marnox’s.

Riding in general provides a lot of DPS on a boss and screen wide mob clearing skills. In Bernice or Challenge Mode, it can clear out the entire area of monsters with a single skill. If you are truly concerned about Spiritual Chain, you can actually leave Summoning at level 1 for a slight DPS loss on your summon, but the chain will no longer break when using Riding. This may sound silly, but this is true. This occurs because at level 1 Summoning, your summon is very small, which causes the height difference from using Riding to be very small, causing the chain to not break.

When solo, your concern doesn’t apply, as you can’t use Spiritual Chain anyways.

This is basically the point I was trying to convey. I apologize if I got a little defensive.

The thing with the immobile summons is that they aren’t actually any better for being immobile. They’re just… immobile. I believe the one with the strongest auto attack DPS is Corrupted because it can hit twice given the correct hitbox, which is actually quite respectable (almost as good as Netherbovine).

Something like Pyroego and Marionette have decent skills, but generally the long cooldown on summon skills combined with their extremely poor auto attacks usually doesn’t justify using a summon just for their good skills. This is especially true in the case of these two, as they have below average auto attacks, which is worse than most summons (which is already much worse than good ones like Netherbovine and Marnox).

Basically, you’d be better off just using any other summon and using Hold for a similar effect. They’re cool, but sadly they’re not balanced at all around the handicap they have.

DPS ranking on Velcoffer is bugged and never correct. Also, this is an extremely stacked party for DPS (Musketeer + Thaumaturge + Enchanter 3), so keep your expectations in check when trying the same thing yourself.

The context of my statement was comparing typical warlock3 elememe to sorc build if you read who I was replying to…

I’m taking Sorc1 on my Linker3 Thauma3 RC at R10. I wanted to know if immobiles will attempt to follow, because I need a summon to hold a position without actually needing to be told to stay put.

If immobiles are terrible then I guess I could just hold still myself, but I’ve noticed that if I even move the tiniest bit, sometimes the summon will freak out and run around chasing you… for a whole half an inch of movement.

They will. WIthout using Hold, if you get too far from your summon, they will still “leash” to you and forcefully warp to your position. This is true even with immobile summons.

Hmm, this shouldn’t be the case. The only thing you might experience is the summon moving off the spot for a moment. If a summon sees an enemy slightly out of range, they will occasionally walk off the spot for a second to attack it, but then immediately walk back to their spot.They will still remember their spot and stay there, but if there’s nothing else nearby, sometimes they will extend their range slightly by doing that to reach enemies.

I disagree about the immobile summons like Pyroego.
He has a really good use in specifics cases like Uphill and CM, since his AA can knockback and be buffed by lethargy. Is a very good summon for control. And, all his skills was buffed in some patches ago, so they are no useless anymore

thau1/sorc 3 is interesting. Would it be spr focus or int focus?

SPR, you don’t get much out of INT if you’re summon based.

1 Like

thanks for the reply sa_chan, thinking of building this.
Not sure is it the best distribution of those pts on those skills

Any comments are welcome. :smiley:

Anyone here who knows enough about the Sorc3 changes who can give me a hint for R10?
I am Wiz1-Cryo1-Linker2-Sorc2-Necro3. Obvious choices are either Linker3 (for Spirit Shock attribute) or Sorc3. But no clue which one will be better. Anyone already having any insight on this?