Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

Are you sure? The attribute says 1% per level I thought.

1% is the atk one.
Swell Left Arm: Summons

• [Swell Left Arm] increases physical and magic damage dealt by your own summons by 1% per attribute level
    the defense ones says 5% per level and both of them go until level 10.

Swell Right Arm: Summons

• [Swell Right Arm] increases physical and magic defense of your own summons by 5% per attribute level

so 10% for atk and 50% for defense.

Hey guys, me again.
After my last little wizard experiment failed I have a free character slot and decided to make yet another Sorc because clearly, four are not enough.:smile:
This time, I want to combine Sorc with Featherfoot, as I donā€™t have a FF yet and would like to try the class. The sorc-featherfoot builds I found online mostly include Pyro, though, since apparently the second debuff is needed to make FF hit harder. Thing is: I donā€™t like Pyro and would rather have something else. Any suggestions? Note that I will not use Sleep or Lethargy, I absolutely detest those skills. I donā€™t mind Wiz2 or 3 in general, though (I like MM as a spell).

My preference would be something like Wiz1-Cryo1-Linker2-Sorc2-FF3, but I have zero idea if that is in any way or form a useable idea. Also that build would only differ in the last three ranks from my main Sorc (Necro).

On top of that, I want to test some not-very-used summons. My other Sorcs all have different summons (Marnox, Helga, Froster Lord) and I dislike the other popular summons (Netherbovine, Templeshooter, Gorkas), so, to go with the FF flying theme, I was thinking about Harpeia. I sometimes see people with her, so maybe sheā€™s not 100% sucky and sheā€™s also the most annoying boss to fight, ever, so who knows - she might be a decent summon? :thinking:

Any advice?

Without Surespell u will have a hard time casting Blood sucking. I absolutely dont get it why u hate so much wiz2 or 3 xD

1 Like

I would advise to replace Cryo1 by Wiz2, to get Surespell, thatā€™s really too good for FF :slight_smile:
Linker2 is good, it will make allow your single target damage to become aoe and Sorcerer even give Catā€™s buffs, which gives you +AoE ratio !
No idea for the summon though :smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the help, you two!

I have absolutely no issue with Wiz2 or Wiz3! In fact, I love those ranks, as I love Magic Missile, SS and Quick Cast! Magic Missile is an absolutely amazing spell, one of my favourites, actually. I just donā€™t like Sleep and Lethargy. I would have absolutely no issue going Wiz2 or Wiz3 at all - quite the contrary! - but I would then just invest all my points into the spells I like to use (which areā€¦ everything except for Lethargy and Sleepā€¦).

Alright, Wiz2 it is then! I had no idea I would need SS so much and Magic Missile will be a nice extra. I never use the cat tbh because of the summon cost it comes with now; think Iā€™ll rather get another means of +AoE ratio if it becomes an issue.

Thanks so much, this is enough to get me started! :smiley: By the way - I know, wrong class thread, in a way - I found builds for FF with either Blood Curse at 10 or at 1 (if at 1, the other points were in Blood Sucking and Blood Bath). Any advice which would go better with Sorc?

The good thing is, u will not need sleep or lethargy in this build because dont have anything that can be bennefited. But avoid such a amazing CC skill like sleep because u dont like is very excentric xD

1 Like

Iā€™m glad to hear I donā€™t need them anyway! :smiley:
And well, the thing is, for me Sleep and Lethargy arenā€™t amazing. Maybe Iā€™m just too dumb to use them or something; not gonna deny that possibility, but they never helped me much when I was trying them out. Between casting time making me hitable to spells like Ice Pike just being far superior when it comes to stopping enemies, I guess I just never saw their appeal. Iā€™m not doubting they are good skills for other people, but they just donā€™t match my playing style, so I am bad at using them, which makes them automatically not-awesome. :confused: Iā€™m not even trying to be excentric. I tried these spells a lot. But for me, they just never did anything good.

I can speak a bit for the FF spells ^^
I found Blood Bath really meh to be honest :confused: The damage isnā€™t really great, the healing is weak and canā€™t affect you while you are Levitating, so I put only 1 point in it for the attribute.

Blood Curse, on the other handā€¦ I love this spell, but I stop counting how many times it kills me xD
It makes an aoe explosion and a debuff, and anyone (including you who) damage the debuffed ennemy is healed. With the Storm Dust from Ele, I can go from 100HP to 30k in 1 sec, and in CM, itā€™s really useful to heal everyone when you have no Cleric.
The spell has 2 main inconvenient : it uses 60% of your max HP (if you have less, it will kill, unless you have the attribute), and it scales with your CON, as the more HP it uses, the more damage it will do.
Knowing that, skill points are your choice, but I think itā€™s interesting to max it if you have some CON, or if you plan to use it to heal (as it affects the debuffā€™s duration, mostly for bosses, as mobs will die before usually)

Personally, I would suggest to share your points between Blood Sucking (very good for self heal, but you need mobs of the right type and SS) and Blood Curse, depending of which one youā€™re gonna use more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the info! :smiley:
Blood Bath at 1 it is then.
As for Blood Curseā€¦ I level and play mainly solo, so no one else would benefit from Blood Curse and I donā€™t see myself using the spell very often right now as I donā€™t exactly like spells that hurt me. Well, I guess my summon would also heal, which is nice. My CON will be low until 350 gear, where I invest into better gear. But as I will be full SPR (obviously, with Sorc as focus), I dunno yet how viable it will be to depend on its damage in the first place - and just using it for the debuff sounds like a rather huge sacrifice.
Blood Sucking was, in every build, at least at 6, even higher when Blood Curse was at 1. I suppose I will just try both at 1 and see which I like more. Itā€™s some way until then anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

Again, thanks a ton for the help! Didnā€™t get anything done today as doing Saalus and 21 dungeon runs already takes foreverrrrrrr, but maybe tomorrow. I haveā€¦ too many Sorcs, lol.

@Talullah the enemies donā€™t need to be the right type for blood sucking to heal you. if you use enervation 1st then it will work on all enemies. edit: but enervation canā€™t hit flying enemies.

1 Like

Blood bath is worth maxing. The heal is very strong and is easier to use than blood sucking even.

If points need to be sacrificed, blood sucking is not necessary to get high level since it is such a high cd skill and already can heal you to full hp in a few seconds of casting at any level. The damage is also not too great considering it only snapshots what enemies you hit in the beginning and you have to channel the whole thing.

1 Like

@Valentine bloodbath canā€™t heal you when youā€™re levitating.

1 Like

I never said it heals while levitating. There are plenty of times when a FF is not levitating, including when there are a lot of ranged mobs that can hit them for higher damage. Not to mention allies will heal from the blood pool as well, even if you are levitating

1 Like

very few ranged (missile type) enemies in endgame content right now. and i canā€™t think of a single time youā€™d be required to help heal if you have a half decent party with a cleric. you make a fair argument, but its use is highly situational.

1 Like

The skill points are actually more useless anywhere else. Maxing blood bath is totally worth it (but if necessary then maybe level 10 only).

Maybe stage 3 velcoffer so you can heal DPS melees on spot since heal tiles will heal the boss as well. Also, velcoffer in general usually requires a lot of healing (without linker 3 in party).

You could also say the same thing about blood curseā€“> you donā€™t really need to heal if you have a good cleric, and itā€™s a situational skill.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the tips, guys - Iā€™m currently focusing on getting my Necro to max level first because eight characters at once is a bit much for me to handle, but Iā€™ve got a little character on Rank 5 now. Iā€™ll have to see how my playing style turns out to be before deciding on the points, I guess. You all make good points in my eyes, seeing as I havenā€™t played the class yet. Donā€™t forget that I will also be Sorc, too, though, and that levitating will also be used to ride on my summon to make him/her/it levitate, too - at least from the builds I saw, I read that thatā€™s possible. That would mean that Iā€™m limited to summon-skills anyway while riding.

On a completely different note: Are the Laitas boots/pants the best gear for SPR-characters (Sorcs, Necros)? I havenā€™t seen anything better yet (though more CON would be nice) and have started to farm Creto feathers, but itā€™sā€¦ not exactly a fast thing. 5 hours for 30 feathers ugggghā€¦ and I have so many Sorcsā€¦ So I would really like to know if thereā€™s anything better for us.

Mentioning farming in Sausys/Valandisā€¦ thereā€™s a lot of missile-enemies there, right? Iā€™m pretty sure the Claro and Oscuro enemies are missile-users and the white bunnies in Valandis 91 are, too. So that would be very dangerous for a levitating FF and itā€™s the most popular leveling area.:confused: I should keep all these things in mind.

Harpeia seems pretty decent, by the way. Didnā€™t try her that much yet, but her auto-attack is decently fast and has some AoE, sheā€™s not annoyingly loudā€¦ all in all, sheā€™s better than expected. Her skills are really, really weird to use, though. Seems more like an AA-summon, but I will give her some more tries.
I also tried Merregina to test a stationary summon because her card randomly dropped for me. I was also surprised how well she actually works in an area like Sausys where the enemy spawn is so high that moving around isnā€™t really that needed and my Skeletons and Shoggoth can move. She deals really good damage, too. A pity she doesnā€™t have her treasure chest throne thing with her; that would have been visually neat.:smile:

But yeah, testing summons. Really fun. Morph is still broken, by the way, and my support ticket remains unanswered since May 19th. Legendary Helgasercle still does fine, though. Despite the less damage, I summon her instead of 10* normal Helga just right away now. Itā€™s not that much of a dealbreaker when one doesnā€™t do Raids and stuff like that and instead just hangs out in Sausys. I will make sure to enjoy what I gave up all my Practoniums and Shards and Masi Staff for, dangit!:triumph:

In my opinion itā€™s better to go primus/berthaā€™s and get 3 lines: SPR, INT, and CON than go laitas. You should keep them unenhanced or as high potential as possible so you can transfer the stats to velcoffer armor.

To have done a lot of CM in Sausys 9, Iā€™m really happy to have max Levitating (only 15s dowtime), I took no damage while Levitating in this map, and thatā€™s really worth it especially in CM5/6 :smile:

1 Like

Ichor extraction success rates are very low too, Iā€™ve heard. :frowning: